Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    Walk this one out. Kick off is middle of the second week in July. I will post a link to my TJ when I set it up. Lots of little things to do between now and then.
    all right!!! i'll be particularly looking forward to reading your journal knowing your problem solving, DIY nature.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    all right!!! i'll be particularly looking forward to reading your journal knowing your problem solving, DIY nature.
    Thanks I'll try and keep it interesting. A lot of them seem to blend together after awhile. I already have a couple ideas to use. PM me if you have any good ones yourself.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    As it stands now, I'll probably be there as well. Since I missed the last hangout, I'm really wanting to make this one. The only factor is the annual family campout that all the guys have at the end of September. As long as our family campout doesn't fall on the same weekend the hangout does, I should be there.

Handsome Ryan, I pass right through Knoxville on my way to Hot Springs if you want to carpool. Of course, that offer goes for anyone else here as well in my area or passing by.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Handsome Ryan, I pass right through Knoxville on my way to Hot Springs if you want to carpool. Of course, that offer goes for anyone else here as well in my area or passing by.
    I'll keep that in mind. I was accually just thinking that a lot of members here would probably be coming through knoxville and i was going to post up that we could carpool or at least caravan there.

Can anyone who has been before shed some light on what to brng besides a hammock? what type of recreational equipment is needed (day packs, mtn bikes, treking poles, fishing gear, my thong swimwear *shudder*)
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. ~George Smith Patton

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HandsomeRyan View Post
    I'll keep that in mind. I was accually just thinking that a lot of members here would probably be coming through knoxville and i was going to post up that we could carpool or at least caravan there.

Can anyone who has been before shed some light on what to brng besides a hammock? what type of recreational equipment is needed (day packs, mtn bikes, treking poles, fishing gear, my thong swimwear *shudder*)
    For the love of all that is good and decent, please leave the thong. Outside of that, all you need is your hammock setup, insulation, clothing (Please!) and some way to eat. Most meals are usually eaten at the Smoky Mountain Diner in Hot Springs, good food, lots of it for cheap. But if you prefer to eat at the campsite or somewhere else, go for it. If you want to take a day hike or go mountain biking or something else, bring what you want and go for it, Hot Springs is a good place for it.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Circadian
    Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

umm...

when is this next campout??

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawldaddy View Post
    when is this next campout??
    Follow the link in the first post on this thread for info. BD
    Just Jeff made me do it

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Here's the details:

20th SEHHA Campout

Hot Springs Campground

Hot Springs, NC

September 14-16, 2007

Sponsored by Speer Hammocks, Inc

Join us for the 20th SEHHA (SouthEast Hammock Hangers Association) campout the weekend of September 14-16, 2007. It's FREE! (except for your $5/nite camping fee). This is an informal group event and everyone is welcome--veteran, novice or future hammockers. See, learn and share your knowledge with other hammock enthusiasts. This will be an easy overnight campout at a commercial campground in a beautiful mountain river setting near the Appalachian Trail in western North Carolina! Join me, Ed Speer, author of the Hammock Camping book and editor of the Hammock Camping Newsletters for this fun early Fall campout. Previous trips were well attended and this is another chance for hammockers to show their stuff, share ideas, learn from others, and be a part of the 'new way'. Meet old friends and make new ones! Check out the newest hammock gear!

Come help us celebrate the begining of Autumn!
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Gonna try and make this one BD??

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12