Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Diva, sounds like many of us are dealing with our own set of challenges.

We'll be thinking of you and Gutter around the fire.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy Chain

Potluck?

Still fresh from the fantastic potluck fest at MRHO.. nothing says yummy quite like "Spotted **** & Braised Fabio". I guess you had to be there. Enjoy the weekend!
    " Can't not try". :thumbup

Hammock
    DIY, BB, Snipe
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutch n whoops
    Images
    Hope you guys have a good time this weekend. BTW Golfhiker, I put a pic of Hickery and Fabio on the MR trip report! Whoa buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by golfhiker View Post
    Still fresh from the fantastic potluck fest at MRHO.. nothing says yummy quite like "Spotted **** & Braised Fabio". I guess you had to be there. Enjoy the weekend!

Hammock
    DIY, BB, Snipe
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutch n whoops
    Images
    Hang in there Diva. We're sending prayers for you and your family. (Went through the same with my mom. It hurts.) Skies will be sunny again soon, and you'll be looking at them from your hammock.

Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    Thanks for the response HomeMadeHiker.......but it appears I was having pipe dreams. She isn't even released from the hospital yet, and through these past couple of days, I've come to the shocking, emotional realization that my dad's dementia has really progressed fast, so when I finally get to take her back to her home, I'll have my hands full with both of them. I've been trying to mentally hide from that part of my dad's world/mind....however; I guess it's time to pull my head out of my butt, stop excusing it, and regretfully face it.

I miss all of you!!! Have a great time, I hope it snows, and you all get to test your cold weather gear. I'm probably going to try mid February to hit this area again because it's so close to the ski lodge, and I don't want to completely miss "Winter". Hopefully some of you could head out again then.

Hammock
    WWBB
    Tarp
    UQ.com Maxtarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & M50 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchness + Straps
    Images
    Getting excited!!! One more class, half day at work tommorow and I'm off to the piney woods, hooray!!! It's been too dern long. Can't wait to chillout (pun intended) some good friends old and new.
    Looks like "light snow" (whatever that means) starting in the am and continue throughout the day.
    Sounds like what they said last year and we about died on Hwy30 (thrice!!!) and arrived to the site at midnight. This year however, I'll be starting early in hopes of avoiding any near death experiences and get a good night's sleep, not to mention the potluct. Wish me luck.
    Regardless of the possible road dangers, I'm totally siked at the possibility of snow.
    Directionally challenged...comicly so.

Not all who wonder are lost...But I'm probably just lost.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge
    Tarp
    DD Camo
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CB200T View Post
    So sounds like we are doing Mohican on January 26, 27 at campsite 9? If this is correct, I'll create a new thread.
    Hey guys -not sure if this is the same place but I am leaving to go to site 9 at Mohican in the morning to meet a large group from BCUSA who are already there till Sunday.i don't know too much as the guy I'm picking up (we are coming from Ontario)has the details but sounds pretty close to the same

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTramp View Post
    Hey guys -not sure if this is the same place but I am leaving to go to site 9 at Mohican in the morning to meet a large group from BCUSA who are already there till Sunday.i don't know too much as the guy I'm picking up (we are coming from Ontario)has the details but sounds pretty close to the same
    If it's Mohican State Forest in Ohio that you'll be at, then it's the same place.

How big is the group from BCUSA? Ohio Hangers, do we want to consider site 8 or 10 if there is going to be a space issue?
    Mike, Backcountry Mentor
    https://backcountrymentor.com
    Check me out on YouTube!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuhqpe2xIWBXRVtpB5dxAJA

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    We've had to go to site 10 before when 9 was occupied. But 9 is really huge, maybe the BCUSA group will be friendly and indulge a few hangers. We can setup on spots that aren't really suitable for tents.

I remember the January hang last year at site 9 when we got all that snow, we were so spread out that Slo and I actually had a bit of difficulty finding our hammocks coming back from the fire, I'm sure others probably did as well.

David

Hammock
    GrizzBridge
    Tarp
    DD Camo
    Images
    All I know is I am going to Loudenville (spelling?) Ohio to Mohican site 9.like I said I'm a foreigner there so don't know much but there will be 28-30 guys there they say spread out around the area.half of them got there today and the rest will be coming tomorrow.i just saw this and thought I better say something

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    All I know is I am going to Loudenville (spelling?) Ohio to Mohican site 9.like I said I'm a foreigner there so don't know much but there will be 28-30 guys there they say spread out around the area.half of them got there today and the rest will be coming tomorrow.i just saw this and thought I better say something
    Yep, Loudonville is the place.

28-30 is a little much for us to cram in as well IMO. Has anyone scouted site 8? It's straight down the hill from the parking area as far as I know.
    Mike, Backcountry Mentor
    https://backcountrymentor.com
    Check me out on YouTube!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuhqpe2xIWBXRVtpB5dxAJA

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast