WBRR, DIY's
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter Pa
    Insulation
    HG Burrow 20, UGQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet buckles

Dog / Pet experiences with hammocks?

I have a German Shepherd named "Snoopy". She is my constant companion. She is being trained as a "hearing ear dog" to accompany me traveling and in my professor duties at the college I teach at. (I am severely hard of hearing and wear hearing aids.) Snoopy alerts me when someone is at the door when I do not have my hearing aids in.

Snoopy also LOVES Hammocks! BIG TIME! I can be inside or outside stringing up my hammock and no matter if she is playing with my son, she leaves and waits quietly by my side until she sees I am ready to get in. After I get in (and ONLY AFTER mind you...) she waits for my invitation and jumps in right with me! She will lay in one alone, but does not really seem to feel safe as she does with me. I have spent some wonderful times and even a few nights with my girl in my hammock with me!

Any cool stories about your pets and hammocks?

Cheers,
    Doc

Hammock
    Switch back 1.9
    Tarp
    Lawson HexaLite
    Insulation
    3-Season Incubator
    Suspension
    whoppie slings
    If you look at my avatar, that is my puppy Zoey. She is now 4 years old and loves to crawl in with me for about 20 minutes or so. Then she get ADD and want to chase the squirrel up the tree. Only one problem and that is all the dog hair. I wouldn't triad it for anything, she is my best friend.
    "The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection."
    Thomas Paine

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Our cat loves them,
    our dog hates them,
    our donkeys are scared of them.

Cat will happily nap on top of you in the hammock. My cat that died last year would make her daytime nest in our hammocks and was irritated when we wanted to get in; it disturbed her. Dog will sleep right between our hammocks on the floor when she's feeling lonely and the donkeys will run like the devil is chasing them if there is nobody in the hammock. Now then, if someone is in the hammock, or there is a tarp covering it, they will curl-up right next to it. No clue what's wrong with those boys?
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Not sure what my Mini Aussie will think of me sleeping in the hammock and not in the tent. He's a good tent dog. He circles around the cot until he finds a comfy spot, then lays down to sleep. I'm hoping that if I put his doggie camp pad right next to the hammock so I can reach down to pet him, he'll be alright. He has jumped into the hammock with me a few times, but he's too hyper to lay down and sleep. Being an Aussie, he's always busy & on guard duty. I did see a dog tent at REI last week. Interesting. A doggie den. Not sure if my boy would go in there and stay in, but it would be warmer in there.
    KJ

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc B View Post

Any cool stories about your pets and hammocks?

Cheers,
    Doc
    Hi Doc,
    Here's an oldie but a goody.

A puppy in the bag will turn a wool blanket in to a 4 season quilt.

Linda, Montsano SP Alabama Thanksgiving weekend 1976

It's a dogs life...

Here's my solo traveling companion. Sorry no shots of him in the hammock yet. He always knows when I'm packing my gear for an outing
    and gets so excited. If I have to leave him home he always leaves me a little something beside my bed to step in for payback.

Last edited by OutandBack; 12-27-2010 at 13:55.

Hammock
    1.7 Dbl. WBBB Hammock
    Tarp
    DD XL Trap
    Insulation
    Merlin3 TQ/Nest UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Hi Doc,
    Here's an oldie but a goody.

A puppy in the bag will turn a wool blanket in to a 4 season quilt.

Linda, Montsano SP Alabama Thanksgiving weekend 1976
    For a one dog night but you need alot more hammock for a "Three Dog Night"
    U.S. Army Paratrooper, Combat Engineer, DAV (Life Member), American Legion (Life Member)
    NMLRA(1 of 1000[#249] & Life Member), NRA(Life Member)
    Perry Lodge #123 F&AM(Perpetual Member), Perfect Ashlar Lodge #12 F&AM(Perpetual Member)

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    My little buddy lays on top of me sometimes when I nap. He's only a little over20 pounds and having him with me is quite comfy.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow, Darian
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    My two best friends sleep on their pad beneath me. Like Cataraftgirl's, mine are too busy with guard duty. They do sleep with me at home though. Much to my girlfriend's dismay.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7dbl,Dangerbird 65
    Tarp
    Speer WinterTarp
    Insulation
    UGQ,JRB,MM
    Suspension
    WB, Whoopie Slings
    I've tried sleeping in my hammock once with my 80lb pitt mix. It actually worked out quite well at first...I was able to lay on my back with her sprawled next to me and her head resting on my chest. We were both able to fit under the TQ. But I am a fidgeter and halfway through the night I rolled and she rolled out the hammock...she spent the rest of the night on a CCF pad on the ground shivering... ;(

While I'd love to be able to have her sleep in the hammock with me I do not think it is an option right now...at least not until I get used to sleeping on my back.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
    I've tried sleeping in my hammock once with my 80lb pitt mix. It actually worked out quite well at first...
    While I'd love to be able to have her sleep in the hammock with me I do not think it is an option right now...at least not until I get used to sleeping on my back.
    Even then it's not very practical - tough on circulation to the extremities, plus dog knees and elbows seem to land in the abdominal region .... And when the dog is cold and wet ....
    My dog is much like yours (breed, weight, thin coat) and he has his own insulated hammock. Note: supplex fabric will stand up to dog toenails.
    [IMG][/IMG]

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast