Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Rust View Post
    [o]TTER, that's a neat looking blind. Nice to cut the wind while enjoing the warmth of the winter recliner. Again, innovative, yet practical, design work. Thanks for sharing it. Hope you got some great pics today out there.
    Thanks Les Rust! Funny you mentioned “getting good shots”…I got up early Sunday morning to head out in search of the perfect trees for gear/setup shots. Hiked for a couple of hours, found the location, setup carefully (trying not to get too many footprints in the snow) waited for the sunrise. When the moment came, I clicked the shutter on my D7000. The rear display screen started flashing “Demo Mode Only” on red font. There wasn’t an SD card in the camera…I forgot them at home . This is why my camera and tripod appear in the photos…I did these shots with my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dant8ro View Post
    Hey Buddy,

Are you going to DIY in Cuban? or are you going to call up Hammock Gear about their new Camo Cuban?

Just Curious, I need more fabric like I need a hole in the head...

Dan.
    I requested a quote from HG, I want it in green Cuban, the camo isn’t as “Woodland” as I would like. I have been on the fence about DIY but Cuban is a very expensive mistake if I screw it up??
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    My Photos My Videos

Hammock
    ENO Single Nest
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing and Buckle
    This is incredible [o]TTeR! I have the skills to make the stand fine but I have never sewn anything before. Thanks to your excellent instructions, I will attempt to make this my first DIY ! If you ever decide to sell these I will be beating down the door to be your first customer

Also you are an amazing photographer. I am an amateur landscape and wildlife photographer aspiring to go pro. Your works inspires me! Keep it up sir!
    A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.-Sir Winston Churchill

Hammock
    DIY Nano
    Tarp
    DIY 9x10 in prog
    Insulation
    Micro Beast
    Suspension
    Webbing
    So I managed over the last couple of days to put together a Micro Beast out of things i had around the house. It's made form an old gazebo wind wall and half of a 600 fill pillow. It turned out well, although it takes a while to deflate/inflate because the fabric isn't as breathable as I would like. I'll get a couple of pictures up soon.

Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
    This is incredible [o]TTeR! I have the skills to make the stand fine but I have never sewn anything before. Thanks to your excellent instructions, I will attempt to make this my first DIY ! If you ever decide to sell these I will be beating down the door to be your first customer

Also you are an amazing photographer. I am an amateur landscape and wildlife photographer aspiring to go pro. Your works inspires me! Keep it up sir!
    Thanks DrJones! To be honest, thread injecting is not among the stronger disciplines in my skillset ether, well enough to get the job done but not as aesthetically pleasing as I would like. I hope the instructions cover all the bases, if you hit any issues or need more clarification please ask. Note on the Stand doc, based on Roadrunnr72 excellent feedback. I need to fix the Foot bolt pattern to center on the 2x4’s.

Being a photographer (hobby, Pro & back to hobby) for 20+ years, I’ve had some time to practice, hearing that the work is inspirational is a great complement, I’m humbled by it thanks my Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Misplaced Cheese View Post
    So I managed over the last couple of days to put together a Micro Beast out of things i had around the house. It's made form an old gazebo wind wall and half of a 600 fill pillow. It turned out well, although it takes a while to deflate/inflate because the fabric isn't as breathable as I would like. I'll get a couple of pictures up soon.
    Looking forward to see pics!!
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    My Photos My Videos

Hammock
    GTSBPRO
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MarlinSpk
    Finished my hammock chair and stand, and I'm very happy with it. I was toying with the idea of getting a traveler-sized hammock for day hikes, but thought that would be overkill. A chair is an excellent starter project for those with little or no sewing experience - 4 straight seams: what could be simpler?

The fabric is Lens Mills discount desert digital nylon. Finished size is about 54" long, 40" wide. Packs down to about pop-can size, suspension included. Stand is made from waste 2x4s from a home improvement box store (free).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test that it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain.

Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shingaling View Post
    Finished my hammock chair and stand, and I'm very happy with it. I was toying with the idea of getting a traveler-sized hammock for day hikes, but thought that would be overkill. A chair is an excellent starter project for those with little or no sewing experience - 4 straight seams: what could be simpler?

The fabric is Lens Mills discount desert digital nylon. Finished size is about 54" long, 40" wide. Packs down to about pop-can size, suspension included. Stand is made from waste 2x4s from a home improvement box store (free).
    Awesome job on the DIY!!
    My Photos My Videos

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Standard
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps
    That. Is. Awesome.

Hammock
    TW Hornet
    Tarp
    TW Sargasso Storm
    Insulation
    DD Underblanket.
    Suspension
    Stock tree straps
    What a great idea, defiantly going to be my next project after the turtledog stand!

The PDF plans are very easy to follow as well.

Cheers [o]TTER

Hammock
    TW Hornet
    Tarp
    TW Sargasso Storm
    Insulation
    DD Underblanket.
    Suspension
    Stock tree straps
    Still work in progress... But it's together and supports me.

Perfect for watching my 4ft wide "telly" screen.

Cheers again for the plans, they were great.

Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFox View Post
    Still work in progress... But it's together and supports me.

Perfect for watching my 4ft wide "telly" screen.

Cheers again for the plans, they were great.
    Its great to hear the plans are inspiring DIY projects, committing the plan to a doc was time well spent. I just remembered I didn't fix the bolt pattern for the feet, bolt holes should be centered on the 2x4s, I will fix this in the PDF!

I have two chairs/stands in my media room and agree, they are perfect for watching TV...with one exception! Staying awake
    My Photos My Videos

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast