BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    HG 4 season Cuben
    Insulation
    20* burrow/incubtr
    Suspension
    Webs,whoopi,&dutch

Northern Utah / Aug 1-3 / Help me pick a spot

Odie I hope that you can't respond to this quickly because you are having such a good time on your first hang (which I hope is going well ), but how is the fishing at South Willow lake? I'm not sure if I can come yet since my wife will be 8 months pregnant, but I'd love to go with you guys! I just might have to wait till we get a little closer.

Hammock
    DIY Double Layer Hammock
    Tarp
    9x12 Tyvek
    Insulation
    Wool Blanket
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jerhangin11 View Post
    Odie I hope that you can't respond to this quickly because you are having such a good time on your first hang (which I hope is going well ), but how is the fishing at South Willow lake? I'm not sure if I can come yet since my wife will be 8 months pregnant, but I'd love to go with you guys! I just might have to wait till we get a little closer.
    Interesting you should ask that. I was wondering that myself. I will ask around. It its about a 3.5 hour hike based on the tooele county website.
    Keep it simple. The more crap you have and the more complicated it is, the more likely it is to break. Get back to basics man!

Hammock
    BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    HG 4 season Cuben
    Insulation
    20* burrow/incubtr
    Suspension
    Webs,whoopi,&dutch

Quote Originally Posted by OdieGreen View Post
    Interesting you should ask that. I was wondering that myself. I will ask around. It its about a 3.5 hour hike based on the tooele county website.
    Perfect! I looked at a few websites and it didn't say anything about fishing at the lake so it got the wheels spinning, a lake with no fishing!

Hammock
    DIY Double Layer Hammock
    Tarp
    9x12 Tyvek
    Insulation
    Wool Blanket
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Perfect! I looked at a few websites and it didn't say anything about fishing at the lake so it got the wheels spinning, a lake with no fishing!
    Here is the only link I have been able to find about South Willow Lake and it doesn't even know what kind of fish, if any, it has.

http://www.hookandbullet.com/fishing...rantsville-ut/
    Last edited by OdieGreen; 07-01-2013 at 09:06.
    Keep it simple. The more crap you have and the more complicated it is, the more likely it is to break. Get back to basics man!

Hammock
    DIY Double Layer Hammock
    Tarp
    9x12 Tyvek
    Insulation
    Wool Blanket
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Good News: I did find out about South Willow Camping fishing
    Bad News, I can't go that weekend. I have a work party that my family is invited to at Lagoon, that my kids wont let us miss, on the 2nd. Is there another weekend we can go? I really want to do this.

I called wildlife services and there are NO fish in South Willow lake. The stream that runs along the campgrounds is stocked with rainbows and browns. Here is information. The upper narrows is the only campsite in South Willow Canyon, besides the Boy Scout Campground, that can be reserved. There is room for about 40 people I belive.

Location: Three miles from the U.S. Forest Service boundary in South Willow Canyon. Due to rugged access, RV’s are not recommended.
    Elevation and season: 6,920 ft. Late May through mid October (weather permitting)
    Facilities: Eight campsites with six tables and five fire rings. Each site can hold eight people and one vehicle. Vault toilet, but no water or garbage service. Trash must be packed out.
    Reservations: Upper Narrows Campground can be reserved as a group site. Call (877) 444-6777 or see www.ReserveUSA.com
    Availability: Check in 2 p.m.; check out 1 p.m. No access 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Maximum stay seven days. Fee: $10 per day per site; $30 – $55 per day for entire campground.
    Restrictions: Dogs must be leashed in camp and picnic areas. Fires in rings only and bring own firewood.
    How to get there: From Grantsville’s Main Street, turn south on Cooley Street and proceed for five miles on Mormon Trail Road to South Willow Canyon turn-off. Turn right onto canyon access road and continue for 6.3 miles to campground.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Te-Wa Freeze
    Suspension
    Dynaglide slings

Re: Northern Utah / Aug 1-3 / Help me pick a spot

Does the weekend after work for you?
    I can always go fish the aquarium that weekend and head west the next weekend.
    "I'm a connoisseur of BACON." - Anyways - 6/9/13

Hammock
    BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    HG 4 season Cuben
    Insulation
    20* burrow/incubtr
    Suspension
    Webs,whoopi,&dutch

I still won't be sure till we get closer unfortunately, but I will do everything I can to come. So is everyone wanting to do a car camping trip then? I just have to say that I was in the Uintas this weekend and it was amazing! Just throwin it out there

Hammock
    DIY Double Layer Hammock
    Tarp
    9x12 Tyvek
    Insulation
    Wool Blanket
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Car camping is definitely easier for me. I am still really new at this. The following weekend works for me. My wife would prefer we stay close as my car isn't super reliable. Upper narrows in south willow is booked through August. All the other campsites are first come first served. It is a really nice area. There are reportedly fish in the stream and some great hikes. Lots of trees too.

Hammock
    DIY Double Layer Hammock
    Tarp
    9x12 Tyvek
    Insulation
    Wool Blanket
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Looks like I am definitely going up to South Willow lake the 2nd weekend in August. My buddy has an elk tag for up there there so we are going to scout it out for tracks. Anyone who wants to join us is welcome!

Hammock
    TrekLight Double /DIY HH/DIY WBBB
    Tarp
    GuideGear 12'x12'
    Insulation
    JCP DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling 7/64
    I was just up above Soapstone last week - great weather, rain during the night, bugs were there but were manageable.

One of four hammocks put up -
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast