Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hkroeger28 View Post
    This was at SPECIAL request by Hammock Forums administrators.. The only reason they changed it was because they were pitching a Hissy. Truth is, again, I am A Member, i don't think you can deny that.. and I did develop this bag. Never got paid from GT.. Still haven't. However, I do have a deal with them if it sells. They take the Loss if it doesn't.

So, please don't hate GT for trusting a Hammock enthusiasts idea and running with it. In fact, Pitch your own idea to them and they will work side by side with you to make it happen! That's how they Roll, why is this a bad thing?

Again, sorry if you guys think this was shady.. Not the intention. I am an independent person working independently of GT. But yes, I have vested interest in the bag as you would if it was yours... I never told anyone to Buy one, just that it's all I use. Which still isn't a lie. It seems as though some parties with competing interest want you to think We are trying to Fool you.

Simply Not the Case. I just want you to consider the other truth. The one I'm telling you now in an attempt to stop this madness.
    Herrick, I guess I can see both sides. Though I am not commenting about HF's name being used, as I know nothing about that.

But I am not down on you, at least not much. I see that this thread was started by BEEP. With a picture and description of the product. Then there was a huge burst of interest and curiosity about the product. You showed up on the scene at about post # 26 or so, saying how much you liked the product. Now I've got to admit that this would have been a good time to say "hey guys, this is my design/idea and GT has decided to manufacture it and I am trying out one of the 1st ones they have made". But you didn't, so that would have been better if you had. It would have saved a lot of questions. At the same time, it's not quite like you murdered some one. Or really, not even like you were trying to rip us off. It just would have been handy to have that fact up front.

Hence my immediate response to you, soon asking "Hey, where did you get this". About the exact same time, Dejoha got one from GT for testing. Not really any different from you, except you might well have a bias. Nothing wrong with a bias. As the Jacks say all the time "Of course, I am biased but this is what I think". We just need to know about the bias up front.

So hang in there Bro, don't take too much offense, as I am not taking much offense at the omitting of that pesky "designer" fact up front. And don't take offense at the "Van down by the River" post, because apparently that was already in your signature or something? ( plus, I got to review that classic SNL clip with two guys who are no longer with us ! )

And again, I'll leave getting upset about the unauthorized use of HF's name ( by GT? )for those who understand what is happening with that.

But one thing I can get on edge is the discussion of a "patent". Can you patent an idea that has been around and manufactured and in common use for years? Boy, I hope not. Sleeping bags with foot openings and top zippers have been around forever. And I have been using my Speer PeaPod for years. I would hate to see anything interfere with the production of these items. The only thing I can see here that is an original idea id the shoulder area opening for the ropes to pass through thus leaving the hood inside the hammock. That is an original idea, and for sure a first for manufacture.

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Yea...I definitely see both side of the stone on this issue; and that stone has been rolled over enough to see and touch all the sides. I think a very valued lesson was learned and questions were addressed. I was upset at first too. But, it's done. Lets show him the true hammock forums side of kindness and forgiveness now.

So....Welcome; from Ohio. I'm glad that you have a design and the designers to work with. I would love to see it wider as most of us lay at an angle; that would appeal more to the masses. If this were to happen and being a member here gives a discount, I'd be interested. Also congratulations!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    Yea...I definitely see both side of the stone on this issue; and that stone has been rolled over enough to see and touch all the sides. I think a very valued lesson was learned and questions were addressed. I was upset at first too. But, it's done. Lets show him the true hammock forums side of kindness and forgiveness now.

So....Welcome; from Ohio. I'm glad that you have a design and the designers to work with. I would love to see it wider as most of us lay at an angle; that would appeal more to the masses. If this were to happen and being a member here gives a discount, I'd be interested. Also congratulations!!
    Oh yeah- I forgot- Welcome to the forums Herrick! Hope your design sells well, but I hope no patent issues cause any problems for other Pod type designs that already exist.

And I say again from one of my first posts to you ( you might not have noticed what with all the Hullabaloo that arose -) YAY Rome GA from a Berry Academy (high school ) grad 1967!

Hammock
    N/A
    Tarp
    N/A
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    N/A
    Images
    I for one would like to try one of these out. I've put one together myself using a cheapo bag and it was just too tight - and my sewing skills are really terrible.

Anybody know where I might be able to find one on demo?

Just super curious is all.

(Nothing to see here, citizen. Move along. Move along.)

Hammock
    GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    GT Harrick Bag
    Suspension
    GT Tree Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post

I have definitely heard a lot of response in regards to the Diagonal lay which Definitely does appear to be an issue for a good bit of Hammock Campers.

And this is definitely good feedback to get! Also, there are request for a down version.. Both are now being considered, as we do need positive critical feedback to make this the best it can be!

I personally don't like the sag effect and for maximizing compression and minimizing size and weight to just the right effect is a difficult thing to get right... we are still working on it but went with the dimensions we chose to keep this as close to an Actual sleeping bag as we could. And from theory it seems as Diagonal laying is the same as making the hammock tighter for comfort and less sag... I guess I need to experiment more with Diagonal laying..

Would a Rectangle bag work better with tapered ends? "Ill break out my sewing machine" and figure this out with a Hands on approach, but others experience and advice is welcome!

-Herrick
    I'm a Tree Hugger of Sorts

-Herrick

"The Guy" who developed the Herrick Bag and w/ Help from "Grand Trunk Goods" brought it to reality for you to enjoy! Like I do.. Consider me a Partner of GT and A vendor of My idea, I can't deny it! But in the end I work for You the members! And dwell in a Mom and Pop Shop called Blue Sky Outfitters in Rome, GA.. Come see us if your ever in the Neigborhood!

Hammock
    GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    GT Harrick Bag
    Suspension
    GT Tree Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Oh yeah- I forgot- Welcome to the forums Herrick! Hope your design sells well, but I hope no patent issues cause any problems for other Pod type designs that already exist.

And I say again from one of my first posts to you ( you might not have noticed what with all the Hullabaloo that arose -) YAY Rome GA from a Berry Academy (high school ) grad 1967!
    Yeah, I had to do a very thorough patent search and include some lawyers but... What I did worked and that is why they have the processes in place to correct those issues.

Thanks again to all those who are welcoming me to the Forum.. it's been a tough day, and again sorry if I offended or upset anyone by my lack of full Monty in regards to the Bag. Lesson Learned!

BTW.. anyone know about some ULTRA light Straps??? looking for good options.

AND It's awesome to see Berry Alum, they seem to be everywhere!
    I cleaned the Berry Academy Dining Hall for 2 years... its another world on Mt Campus!

-Herrick
    Last edited by hkroeger28; 03-08-2012 at 14:46. Reason: missed a point
    I'm a Tree Hugger of Sorts

-Herrick

"The Guy" who developed the Herrick Bag and w/ Help from "Grand Trunk Goods" brought it to reality for you to enjoy! Like I do.. Consider me a Partner of GT and A vendor of My idea, I can't deny it! But in the end I work for You the members! And dwell in a Mom and Pop Shop called Blue Sky Outfitters in Rome, GA.. Come see us if your ever in the Neigborhood!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    Thanks again to all those who are welcoming me to the Forum.. it's been a tough day, and again sorry if I offended or upset anyone by my lack of full Monty in regards to the Bag. Lesson Learned!
    HF is like a family and familes some times have rough spots but they work through them and life goes on. The dust has settled and all is well. Welcome brother!
    Terry

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    Herrick,

Glad to have you on the forum! I'm also glad to hear "the rest of the story."

For the short time I had playing with the bag, I see a lot of promise. I look forward to seeing how it developes.

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    I have definitely heard a lot of response in regards to the Diagonal lay which Definitely does appear to be an issue for a good bit of Hammock Campers.

And this is definitely good feedback to get! Also, there are request for a down version.. Both are now being considered, as we do need positive critical feedback to make this the best it can be!

I personally don't like the sag effect and for maximizing compression and minimizing size and weight to just the right effect is a difficult thing to get right... we are still working on it but went with the dimensions we chose to keep this as close to an Actual sleeping bag as we could. And from theory it seems as Diagonal laying is the same as making the hammock tighter for comfort and less sag... I guess I need to experiment more with Diagonal laying..

Would a Rectangle bag work better with tapered ends? "Ill break out my sewing machine" and figure this out with a Hands on approach, but others experience and advice is welcome!

-Herrick
    Hi Herrick...Yea, something like that. Perhaps a bit bigger in the middle portion. I'm thinking a bit pear shaped..sort-of. Most of us also use double wide hammocks and not singles. If you use a double hammock, lay on the slight angle and let me know what you feel or how you feel? Play with a slight angle and then an extreme angle and I think for the most part you'll "get" what most of us are talking about. Plus, for me, I have to be able to roll over on my side, stomach or whatever during the night.

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Yes most of us have wider longer hammocks than the commercial ones. To achieve stomach sleeping I have a 12 foot long double wide hammock. It's a dream.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast