WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Burrow&Incubatr
    Suspension
    Whoopies,DutchGear

Quick Review of Yukon Outfillets $20 Hammock

I wasn't really looking for another hammock (ya right) but someone posted that Woot had these for $20 so I figured I'd give it a shot, since they sell for $65 on Amazon.

The hammock is 11'6 long and 6'4" wide, which may be my least favorite feature. They call the material "high-stretch" parachute nylon and they aren't kidding. This stuff is streeeeeeeeeetchy!!!!!!!

It is almost the same size as my WBBB XLC so I set it up with my turtledog stand at the same height, and found myself laying on the floor when I got in due to the stretch. Overall, its actually a very comfortable hammock once you figure out how high to hang it. I ended up hanging it at about 40 degrees instead of the normal 30 to find the sweet spot. The biggest drawback I can see, is that it is so wide, all of the floppy material is all over you and you can't get away from it. This is one hammock that could really use the Knotty mod to get rid of all the extra fabric that comes with a 6'4" wide hammock.

The other thing I did was get rid of the junk suspension and put an Amsteel continuous loop through the end to replace it.

All in all for $20 its hard to say its not a great buy!! I put it right square in the middle of my Eno single and my WBBB XLC. Definitely something I'll use in the back yard, and take along with me on campouts for a place for people to crash and see if they like to hammock.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Burrow&Incubatr
    Suspension
    Whoopies,DutchGear

Quick Review of Yukon Outfillets $20 Hammock

Sorry. Forgot the pics.

Junk suspension

All set up

Relaxing

Stuff bag size comparison
    Last edited by Goowa; 04-02-2014 at 19:06.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Agreed, its not a bad hammock for the price, my wife has the netted one and loves it in the back yard, well atleast she used to until she got her bridge.

Got mine today too and just set it up. You're right about the width, although the excess could be a good sun shade if you're trying to take a nap (not that I would know about that here in Washington). I did find that if you fold it in half and use it almost like a double layer, the sides don't ride up on you. It's a bit skinny that way, but ok for just lounging. Just my two cents. Definitely worth the price. Now to upgrade the suspension.

Hammock
    Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    noah16/HH hex
    Insulation
    0 incubator/costco
    Suspension
    whoopies n straps
    Thank you for the review, Goowa. I posted the thread about these hammocks being on sale, and I'm glad I did because I have been dying for a review of this hammock (also happy to share a deal on a hammock). I have this hammock, but none other yet, so I am very curious what HF members think of this one, compared to other, more expensive hammocks. Because this one sells only on woot and Amazon, the people that post comments or reviews don't have extensive experience with hammocks.
    I too find it to be a stretchy hammock and my concern is I am going to be moving from pads to under quilts. My fear is my hammock dipping down till my UQ is under the ground. I have slept many nights out in this thing and have found it very comfortable and not yet landed on the ground by morning, but I am a hand width away usually.

Please HF, any more compare and contrast on this hammock is much appreciated.

As far as floppy material, and comfort: I find an answer to both (for me anyway) is to give a BIG sag to this hammock and lay with a deep diagonal. This seems to be a good way to lay, and it keeps the fabric out of my face IMHO.
    Here is a pic of my father in my hammock demonstrating the angle I lay at. He is a much better model anyway

IMG_2990.jpg
    “All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.”

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Burrow&Incubatr
    Suspension
    Whoopies,DutchGear
    Has some of the stretch gone away? In other words, does it ever "break in" or get to its max stretch and stay there? Or every time you set it up are you getting the same stretch?

Hammock
    Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    noah16/HH hex
    Insulation
    0 incubator/costco
    Suspension
    whoopies n straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Goowa View Post
    Has some of the stretch gone away? In other words, does it ever "break in" or get to its max stretch and stay there? Or every time you set it up are you getting the same stretch?
    I feel like I always have to adjust it when I first set it up, but that could be just the weight of me pulling on the straps and the whoopies. Once I have it situated, I am pretty good. As I have said, I have slept out in this many times and never ended up on the ground. I' not new to hanging, but I am still newER, and this is my first and only hammock, so I am not the best judge, because in my case, it could be user error.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    JRB univeral
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Where does one get these?
    Old Dominion Hangers
    KM4COF
    VA-4th Annual NOVA Hang-Nov 6-8 PWFP

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1/1.7, WBRR 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/WP +S.fly
    Insulation
    HG 0,20+AHJB+DIY
    Suspension
    buckle/whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyR View Post
    Where does one get these?
    Woot.com. Its a deal of the day type of site. Every so often they will feature this hammock in 2 styles, the double with no bug net for $20 + $5 shipping, or the single with built in bugnet for $25 + $5 shipping.

Hammock
    Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    noah16/HH hex
    Insulation
    0 incubator/costco
    Suspension
    whoopies n straps
    Quote Originally Posted by climbing.kevin View Post
    Woot.com. Its a deal of the day type of site. Every so often they will feature this hammock in 2 styles, the double with no bug net for $20 + $5 shipping, or the single with built in bugnet for $25 + $5 shipping.
    plus tax, ever since amazon taxes now... They come up a few times through the year on Woot (sport). You can buy these from amazon always, but they are a lot more money there.

• + New Posts