DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    Nice job Diva! Have you tried it out yet? How cold are you able to go and still be comfortable?
    Sorry Stevebo, I missed your post....I was still adding pictures and steps. Ohio right now is unseasonably warm the past couple of days, and I just got this much done last night. I still have some fixing to do. My UQ is 20 degrees, and the patrol bags are 30 (more like 35), so I think I'm pretty good for whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at me. In Ohio that is. Not Mother Nature in Minnesota

I was also planning on spraying DWR on either the entire outside of the POD or perhaps just the bottom portion. Any thoughts on that?

It's also not as heavy as I thought it was going to be. Removing those Military zippers are a big help on weight. Still not for the UL, but fine for my use right now.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    ......no more pics for a while.
    Thank heavens! But also, thanks to you for your good verbal descriptions. Persevere - I think you're onto something.

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Really nice work DivaB. I might have to follow your examples and get some bags to try this out.
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Ordered another micro disk reader, looks like Wednesday before it gets here. Anymore pics will have to hold up and so will the TED style sock and pics of that too. Sorry gang. In the mean time I'll just keep moving forward and hopefully get some trees up and Christmas stuff done.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Thank heavens! But also, thanks to you for your good verbal descriptions. Persevere - I think you're onto something.
    Thanks bunches What do you think about me spraying DWR Finishing spray to the outside? If so, would you just spray the outside bottom, or the entire outside of the bag (top and bottom)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Biker View Post
    Really nice work DivaB. I might have to follow your examples and get some bags to try this out.
    Thanks, I very excited to get to use it when our temps drop. Now, to talk my son into using a different hammock for winter. His hammock has a sewn in bugnet, so the POD option isn't possible for him. He loves his hammock though. If worse comes to worse then he'll just end up with in insulated undercover made from one of the patrol bags. I think if I cut taper his ends a bit, I can get it to fit snug enough up against the bottom ends to work well for him as an undercover.

....now I need to make skis for my backpack cart Ohio hasn't been too good with snow, but it could be green going in and white coming out. If I had some kind of ski to attach to my wheels on my cart, then it wouldn't matter what weather hits me and I'd still be able to haul all of my stuff

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    I got to try it out last night, but it only got down to 30 and I had to loosen up the pod from the bottom portions. I kept waking up and loosening a bit, then a bit more, started at the bottom head end....then had to go for the bottom foot end trying to ventilate. I didn't get a good sleep at all, but it's promising for winter camping, which is what I wanted. I should have taken off my UQ to just see what the POD would do by itself, but quite honestly, by the time I thought about that, I was so freaking tired I just couldn't think or move anymore. I'll have to test it when temps drop more.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12