Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Images
    this is off topic, but i've never created a new thread before a couldn't figure out how to do it.

anyways, i was wondering what hammocks besides a hh, have guylines on the sides that pull apart the hammock body/netting? guylines for the fly don't count...Brandon

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    this is off topic, but i've never created a new thread before a couldn't figure out how to do it.

anyways, i was wondering what hammocks besides a hh, have guylines on the sides that pull apart the hammock body/netting? guylines for the fly don't count
    I can't definitively answer the question about hammock guylines, but I can tell you how to make a new thread.

First, click on the Hammock Forums logo at the top of the page to get back to the 'main page'. Then, click on one of the subsections (general, tips and tricks, etc). Once there, click the orange 'new thread' button on the top left.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

Failure Photos

Well, there it is, boys and girls. Oh, by the way, here's my ring buckles that I never did get to post a photo of.

"If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post

Well, there it is, boys and girls. Oh, by the way, here's my ring buckles that I never did get to post a photo of.

Interesting. I had it pictured in my mind that the seam (stitching) actually gave way but that doesn't appear to be the case. Maybe you can salvage what's left and make a couple gear hammocks or something.

Miguel

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Yep, that's a fairly dramatic failure.

It doesn't look like it tore right on the seam from the pics. Is that correct? If that's the case, it's even more bizarre.

I'm glad that ENO's customer service is taking care of the problem. It would be nice to see a response from them to your pics, though.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    Interesting. I had it pictured in my mind that the seam (stitching) actually gave way but that doesn't appear to be the case. Maybe you can salvage what's left and make a couple gear hammocks or something.

Miguel
    I'm not too worried about it. I talked to Pete Pinholster @ ENO today, he's sending me a new hammock of my choice and a couple extra goodies to make up for the trouble. All I'm doing with what's left of this one is cutting off my ring buckles and throwing the rest away.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post

Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like the rip may not have been caused by the seams. It almost looks like it started in the middle of the main piece that worked its way to the sides.

I would think that if it started ripping at the seam, it would continue along the seam. It would still drop you, but from the side and not through the bottom.

But then again, you were there and I am guessing off of your pics.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Yeah it does look like it failed at the bottom and spread to the sides. That's some pretty catastrophic failure you got going on there. I'm glad ENO is taking care of you. That's the way customer service should be.

BTW, don't throw that hammock away. We can use the material for your sewing lessons.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    Yeah it does look like it failed at the bottom and spread to the sides. That's some pretty catastrophic failure you got going on there. I'm glad ENO is taking care of you. That's the way customer service should be.

BTW, don't throw that hammock away. We can use the material for your sewing lessons.
    Good point, didn't think about that. I have that $1 ripstop from Cheap-Mart, too. So when's the first lesson? I bought a tape measure and some thread yesterday.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234