Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gqgeek81 View Post
    I won't have any idea if I can make it till just a few weeks out, but I'm thinkin something like this.

Drive to Yates place Saturday morning and impose upon someone to shuttle me and possibly a friend or two down to the trail head on 24/27 and hike the Dutchman's Creek trail then turn right (north east) on the Uwharrie so I skip all the big hills. This should take me 4-5 hours to get back to Yates place and make for a nice day hike.

That won't get me back to Yates early enough to do any cooking that takes a while, but I could make it up by doing a big dutch oven cobbler for dessert. Maybe even with rhubarb.
    eagle did the trail last trip but he parked at the 24/27 and hiked in to camp. I then drove him back to get his truck. The more the dessert the happier we get. We needed to have it in stages last trip because we were eating so well.

Hammock
    WB Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    PLUQ/Lynx Clone
    Suspension
    Strap/Buckle | UCR
    I'm going to try to make this this hang.. I showed up at the Smoked Butt hang and didn't have my gear in time to hang, so I suffered on the ground in a tent.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cpverne View Post
    I'm going to try to make this this hang.. I showed up at the Smoked Butt hang and didn't have my gear in time to hang, so I suffered on the ground in a tent.
    I am surprised that was the case. I bet if you would have come to one of our hangs you could have gotten someone's extra gear. Did you ask to see if someone had something for you to hang in? I car camp with plenty extras including a tent and most of my gear. Extra tarp, hammocks, spare amsteel and such. Either way hope you make it with your gear this time. Bet the q was great tho.

Hammock
    WB Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    PLUQ/Lynx Clone
    Suspension
    Strap/Buckle | UCR
    I had purchased a RidgeRunner but it hadn't come in yet.. I didn't really want to hang in a gathered end hammock (there were no spare Ridge Runners for some reason.. ) since I'm a side/stomach sleeper..

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    I had purchased a RidgeRunner but it hadn't come in yet.. I didn't really want to hang in a gathered end hammock (there were no spare Ridge Runners for some reason.. ) since I'm a side/stomach sleeper..
    now you have the caddy to sleep in. It will be good to see you out there. I was in eagles last year. it was sweet. Its the first bridge hammock and it was also the first uq i layed in. It rocked. so much ingenuity in that hammock. I could feel the downy warmth.

Hammock
    WB Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    PLUQ/Lynx Clone
    Suspension
    Strap/Buckle | UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    now you have the caddy to sleep in. It will be good to see you out there. I was in eagles last year. it was sweet. Its the first bridge hammock and it was also the first uq i layed in. It rocked. so much ingenuity in that hammock. I could feel the downy warmth.
    It's been awesome.. just spent a week at boy scout summer camp and slept in the hammock the whole time. Slept great and never had any issues once I set the tarp up for the weather. Pro Tip: Set the tarp up for the weather you might get while 20 minutes from camp, not what is was when you left..

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images

yumm

Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    if we did Italian and we did pasta, that's how I would do it. Turkey frier with a big pot. I figured 2 kinds of pasta. We could have a meat sauce. Maybe a alfredo. Bolonigese. We could have someone make a picata or ala vodka. I myself am not italian but can cook some up. Meatballs sausage chicken parm and of course tiramisu.
    You sure you are not Italian? it sounds good to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Gqgeek81 View Post
    I won't have any idea if I can make it till just a few weeks out, but I'm thinkin something like this.

Drive to Yates place Saturday morning and impose upon someone to shuttle me and possibly a friend or two down to the trail head on 24/27 and hike the Dutchman's Creek trail then turn right (north east) on the Uwharrie so I skip all the big hills. This should take me 4-5 hours to get back to Yates place and make for a nice day hike.

That won't get me back to Yates early enough to do any cooking that takes a while, but I could make it up by doing a big dutch oven cobbler for dessert. Maybe even with rhubarb.
    Extra dessert always sounds good to me. barely had enough last time. haha

I was at the Smoked Butt hang with my daughter the BBQ/ chili/ all food was outstanding.
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Images
    Yea the cobbler at the Smoked Butt hang was pretty amazing but disappeared too quick. If I can commit to the cobbler once we get closer to the date, we need to find someone(s) with an ice cream maker(s) to make some homemade ice cream to go with it.

Yeah, the single recipe of dump cake didn't last long at the SBH.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    It's been awesome.. just spent a week at boy scout summer camp and slept in the hammock the whole time. Slept great and never had any issues once I set the tarp up for the weather. Pro Tip: Set the tarp up for the weather you might get while 20 minutes from camp, not what is was when you left..
    I have made the mistake of using monroe nc weather in the uwharries, or at barnhardt and still checking hourly report from matthews.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast