Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Open Source Idea: Dog Agility Tunnel

So I have this idea, and instead of laboring over it alone, I think I'll pitch it as an open source concept. Think: light, packable, automatic bottom insulation snugging, removable, adding ends, silnylon, nylon etc..... See pictures

Images
    hmmm
    Does it expand on its own? I know they make pop up trash cans that are similar but I think the hoop in them is a spiral so they expand on their own. Not sure this really matters either way just curious.

If you close off one end or use a trash bin type with the line running through it like a bishop bag and then have a loose flap of fabric closing off the head end you might have a pretty good cold weather wind blocker.

Strip the fabric and replace with tulle and you may have a decent bug net that keeps them away from the bottom too.

what is the rigid part made of anyway?

The Rigid Part

So the rigid part is made of spring steel, near as I can tell, which I have previously been unsuccessful in sourcing. But you're right, it's in pop up hampers too. The difference is, while this one holds the roundness, it doesn't hold the length (leaving you free to slide it back and forth) That's because the steel is embedded in individual rings, not one long coil, as hampers are, so they stand up. This stuff folds down as well as the hampers do also. In the pictures, you can see the prototype is evolving as the sun sets here... and an old sheet has been sacrificed. The bag in there is a 55 degree bag, and it's 46 degrees here right now, and it's surprisingly warm in there. But it gets down to 26 tonite, so I'll have to see later... plus my foot is frozen from walking back and forth across the porch in my socks, so it's hard to tell how warm it is.

And you're right, I need to work on some kind of head flap. I'll probably go rustle up another old sheet...

(New footcover made of old sheet. Wrapped around and super ugly.)

(From head end, looking down, hammock with no person in it.)

...... and lol, dog footprints visible on the inside. Yes I plucked it directly from the yard...

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ quilts
    Suspension
    Web
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrackfarm View Post
    So the rigid part is made of spring steel, near as I can tell, which I have previously been unsuccessful in sourcing.
    It's the same stuff that metal fish tape is made of. Look for it in the electrical section of any home store.

Images
    I can't offer any advice, sorry, but I think it's neat. No tyouts no stakes to deal with. Here's hoping you can make this work...

Hammock
    wbbb 1.1 dbl black
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex Fly
    Insulation
    new river kaq
    Suspension
    whoopies
    you'd better not forget bad weather either, i'd make it cover the hammock better as in longer and seal it up on each end with cinch pulls or something......ok concept though, work on it.. good luck.....

Metal Fish Tape, Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast 71 View Post
    It's the same stuff that metal fish tape is made of. Look for it in the electrical section of any home store.
    Oh, thanks!!! I've been wanting to make a pop up dog crate for the back of the car so my dog can't see out the windows and lose her mind everytime she sees another dog! Metal fish tape! WOOT!!!!

that is cool been looking for a tarp to make. ill have to give this a try if it ok with you.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast