View Poll Results: Only Vote if you are serious about attending, Votes are not anonymous

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2010 April 2, 3, 4

1 25.00%
  • 2010 April 9, 10, 11

1 25.00%
  • 2010 April 16, ,17, 18

2 50.00%
  • 2010 April 30, May 1, 2

2 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout ,DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    Sb & DYI UQ
    Fairfield is good .. and any weekend will work for me......
    "Proud Pound Hawg"
    Republic of Texas H.O.G. (Hennessy Owners Group)

Hammock
    HH Camo Survivor & DIY GE
    Tarp
    Speer 8x10 sil
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    Okay it looks like there are at most two people on the poll for any weekend, plus Randy, gives me three people. I need at least six people (besides myself) in order to teach the class. It is designed with victim scenarios and I'll need at least six people to have victims and still have rescuers.

Would it be better to try different dates? I don't want to fet too far into the summer. I remember when I was in college at UT-Austin that the summers were brutal for overnight camping. I remember being uncomfortable and sweating all night in a tent at Enchanted Rock State Park several times. I'd do it again, but rather not have to if I can avoid it.

Hammock
    Dangerbird 72
    Tarp
    HH Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Right now, Ive got every weekend in May available except for the 22nd,when I'll be in the Davis Mountains for my birthday

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    GG 12x12
    Insulation
    DIY down quilt
    Suspension
    whoopies & webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmSoda View Post
    Okay it looks like there are at most two people on the poll for any weekend, plus Randy, gives me three people. I need at least six people (besides myself) in order to teach the class. It is designed with victim scenarios and I'll need at least six people to have victims and still have rescuers.

Would it be better to try different dates? I don't want to fet too far into the summer. I remember when I was in college at UT-Austin that the summers were brutal for overnight camping. I remember being uncomfortable and sweating all night in a tent at Enchanted Rock State Park several times. I'd do it again, but rather not have to if I can avoid it.
    I will have a lot more options after May when classes are over. IMO, June would be fine. July and Aug...yeah, too hot. It's been a bit cool this year, anyway. Snowiest winter in a generation down this way, and if the trend continues through June, that just means a better chance of reasonable weather.

Hammock
    HH Camo Survivor & DIY GE
    Tarp
    Speer 8x10 sil
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    Well, I'm going to officially call the Texas hang delayed due to lack of interest. I'll put up some additional dates for the late fall, October-ish time frame and give people plenty of time to get used to the idea. If you are interested in this, I'm keeping this thread subscribed, so feel free to add comments or suggestions and let me know that more people are interested.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmSoda View Post
    Well, I'm going to officially call the Texas hang delayed due to lack of interest. I'll put up some additional dates for the late fall, October-ish time frame and give people plenty of time to get used to the idea. If you are interested in this, I'm keeping this thread subscribed, so feel free to add comments or suggestions and let me know that more people are interested.
    Probably a good call.

Last fall we had a group hang in early November with a couple of dozen folks there if we count the kids too and we had such a good time, I expect we will do it again. Combining Wilderness First Aid with the social aspects of the hang is very appealing and by then I bet we will have a number of takers.

I'm still up for planning and coordinating sites and such if you like when the time comes.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12