Hammock
    DangerBird Clark North American
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Buckles/Link
    Looks great. It appears as though a great number of us dog folk have been working towards very similar shelters for our four legged friends.

Hammock
    The Purple People eater. 11' DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE SLINGS!

A dog tent designed by Raiffnuke

The bottom is like a tarp, Nighthauk can correct me if I mess this up, I think it's 600D and the top is ripstop silnylon. Without the fleece blanket it's only 11.2 oz so he can carry it himself.

Instead of a line at each top corner we have two 10" pieces of aluminum arrow shaft crossed inside the top piece. Must be staked down to hold shape though. Our dog's tail is a disaster Zone!
    Chase your dreams without fear or hesitation!

Hammock
    HH EUA-sym
    Tarp
    MaCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG 20° Phoenix
    Suspension
    UCR, Dutchware
    My design required it to be staked out as well. I'm going to have a closed cell pad for the floor along with a piece of fleece. The doors on mine will have shock cord on the edges. That way my dog can go in and out and keep her warmer.

(I posted this already and it disappeared, so sorry if the other one reappears. Weird)

OneThingAT - Facebook
    OneThing YouTube
    N. Calif. Boggs Mt Hangout - May 10-12, 2013

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE SLINGS!

Quote Originally Posted by OneThing View Post
    My design required it to be staked out as well. I'm going to have a closed cell pad for the floor along with a piece of fleece. The doors on mine will have shock cord on the edges. That way my dog can go in and out and keep her warmer.

(I posted this already and it disappeared, so sorry if the other one reappears. Weird)
    We were just talking about grabbing a CCF pad for it and I would sewing a fleece pillow case for it. Lol

Explain the shock cord part though. I'm not sure what you mean.

I'm just so glad that he's decided he likes it. Now to get him to not take it down when I tue him up at night. Anyone have any ideas?

Hammock
    HH EUA-sym
    Tarp
    MaCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG 20° Phoenix
    Suspension
    UCR, Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by lilprincess View Post
    We were just talking about grabbing a CCF pad for it and I would sewing a fleece pillow case for it. Lol

Explain the shock cord part though. I'm not sure what you mean.

I'm just so glad that he's decided he likes it. Now to get him to not take it down when I tue him up at night. Anyone have any ideas?

Dog Tent-1 by One Thing AT, on Flickr
    In my picture I have the material coming together at the doors. The shock cord will be sewed into the material along the each edge vertically, top to bottom. She will have to push to go in and out. It will keep the doors closed and heat in. When it's not so cold, I can use a little clip to hold them open on each side, and maybe have a roll down bug net in it's place. Just some ideas on that last part.

I like your idea of the poles on the top. I'm still looking at a few designs, but one thing I know for sure, I would rather make one then purchase one. Most of them are for car campers and dog shows. This is going to be something she will have to carry in the winter, so she's already having to carry enough as it is.

OneThingAT - Facebook
    OneThing YouTube

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE SLINGS!

Ok, I get it now. My dog is a bit nervous with the small door, not sure he could handle it closed. I had a flap on it, like a dog door, and he kinda freaked out.

It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and I figure, it's light enough that he can carry it without really noticing the extra weight. Plus, maybe he'll relax better on the trail if he has a 'home' away from home.

Hammock
    HH EUA-sym
    Tarp
    MaCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG 20° Phoenix
    Suspension
    UCR, Dutchware

It Will Take Some Training

My girl is crate trained. It doesn't mean she likes it, that's for sure. And, I've not had to use one for her since I got her. So, I'm pretty sure she's going to have to have some training and treats to get her use to it. My plan, after it's built, is for it to be her bed full time. I'll take parts of her bed, and use it for the flooring for now. She'll have almost a year before she's going to be sleeping in it full time on the trail.

She was a crack up learning how to walk in those dog boots. Now, she waits for me to get my butt in gear.

Bailey TrailDog by One Thing AT, on Flickr
    Last edited by OneThing; 04-01-2013 at 22:24.

OneThingAT - Facebook
    OneThing YouTube

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images
    I love this! What a great idea you guys!!
    We have a popup tent that's big enough to hold a fold up kennel. That way our two dogs feel right at home. Obviously, it's for car camping only.
    Suggestion for your door. How would it work to sew a pocket across the bottom of the door flap that's just big enough to hold an arrow shaft? The shaft at the bottom would have enough weight to 'close' the door, the rigidity of the shaft would maintain the shape and width of the door flap and you could roll the door around the shaft to tie it open in warmer conditions. Anyway, it's just an idea for your consideration.

I love camping with ground dwellers who ask 'why do I have a tent if hammocks are so great?' I just say that the tent is for the dogs. hee hee
    Last edited by Timberrr; 04-01-2013 at 21:37.
    HangCon Sign Up:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

So many trees, so little time...

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip

Quote Originally Posted by Timberrr View Post
    I love this! What a great idea you guys!!
    We have a popup tent that's big enough to hold a fold up kennel. That way our two dogs feel right at home. Obviously, it's for car camping only.
    Suggestion for your door. How would it work to sew a pocket across the bottom of the door flap that's just big enough to hold an arrow shaft? The shaft at the bottom would have enough weight to 'close' the door, the rigidity of the shaft would maintain the shape and width of the door flap and you could roll the door around the shaft to tie it open in warmer conditions. Anyway, it's just an idea for your consideration.

I love camping with ground dwellers who ask 'why do I have a tent if hammocks are so great?' I just say that the tent is for the dogs. hee hee
    Timberrr the idea on the door is a good suggestion. Though after watching the dog in the tent he loved to watch out the door while he layed in it. I am not so sure that he would feel the same way if the door was there. I will be workin in a video of the setup tomorrow or Wednesday. Once I have a chance to sit down at the computer to edited everything. I have another video coming of the tarp I made for lilprincess. It is a superfly clone that I just need to put some finishing touches on. I can't wait to set it up.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    HH EUA-sym
    Tarp
    MaCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG 20° Phoenix
    Suspension
    UCR, Dutchware

Look Forward to the Video

Really looking forward to the video. I've been working on a new rain jacket for her, but her tent is what I should be working on. This has given me the boost to get it done.

OneThingAT - Facebook
    OneThing YouTube

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast