Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Looks like B'r Wiggy is thinking straight line lay. For a bit for fun why don't you try educating him on diagonal lay and what an appropriate shape would be for that.

Should work fine with a bridge hammock though. Let me know if you want to sell...
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Looks like B'r Wiggy is thinking straight line lay. For a bit for fun why don't you try educating him on diagonal lay and what an appropriate shape would be for that.

Should work fine with a bridge hammock though. Let me know if you want to sell...
    That would be an interesting conversation all right, in my experience! If you want bomb proof water resistant insulation regardless of weight, Wiggy products may well be at the top. But trying to interact with the manufacturer, with any questions about the why or how, can be quite the experience. Again, just based on my experience.

However, I do remember, he is willing to talk at length with no apparent time limits.With out apparent concern for his time.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Want to wager he knows more about it than anyone here?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl layer.
    Tarp
    WB Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Crowsnest & Burrow
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Get Wiggy with it ... Sorry couldn't resist!
    Questtrek
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks". John Muir.

Hammock
    WB
    Tarp
    UGQ WD +2 pole mod
    Insulation
    Detail UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    mostly reliable!
    Images
    Keep in mind that I have no other experience with a bottom quilt/under cover...

I added it to my HH Explorer Deluxe.

So far this is fantastic. After a bit of adjusting, I got it to fit rather well. I added two coat hooks to each of the bungie ties. One of them just floats on the line and the other is tied at the end. I connected the floating hook to the suspension line and the other to the loop on the Wiggy's blanket. I did this on both ends. There are shorter ties on opposite sides just a little ways off the end. I connected those to the tie outs on each side of the hammock. It was slightly aligned off center. It took a bit of effort to climb in. Once I was in, I wiggled around a bit and everything seemd to be in place. I felt warmth under all of me. There was a little cooler area on my left leg. I climbed out (which took a minute to move things out of the way), made an adjustment to that end. Climbed in (much easier this time) and all was better. I stayed in the hammock for about fifteen minutes and was very warm. I was able to climb out much easier this time. I think it was because I knew what to expect upon exit.

This is not huge or an entire enclosure like some that I have seen. It pretty much only insulates the area you lay in. I do believe that it will more than compensate for the areas that gets cold with a sleeping bag alone.

This is the first time I have set this configuration up and it ws only 47 degrees. If I make any adjustments to the kit, I will poost my changes for all to share.

So far I think it was a good choice for me. I'll have more to compare it to and actually get to use it during the First Annual Florida Hang, this Jan.

Matt: if you are not satisfied with your blanket and Wiggy's is unwilling to accept a return, I would be willing to buy it from you for what you paid for it. I have done business with Wiggy's a few times and have never had a bad experience. I know he will make anything you want custom. If you do not make any special requests, you will get an off the shelf (so to speak) product.

(The bottom entry is to the right in the second photo)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Strap/Tri Rings
    It is definitely a warm product. I have nothing to attach the side loops to on my ENO. What I have done is run a bungee strap over the hammock and to the loops on the small end to bring it up closer to the hammock.

I put a carabiner in the last loop of my tree strap on each end and ran the shock cord to it.

Now I just need a way to make the shoulder side fit tighter to the hammock and me.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Just 'round the corner from CoonBottom myself!

We gotta hit the trail together!

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456