Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    Play with sag, hang stuff, look cool, replicate desired hang configuration.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird & Traveler
    Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images

sets the sag, no guess set up.

I installed adjustable ridge line to the WBs . Basically a WS at one end, fixed loop at the foot end. Don't remember the exact range, but I think it ranges from 98" to 105". ~+/-3" of the design specs. The woven cotton Venezuelan backyard hammock has lots of sag. Lays real flat with no calf pressure or shoulder squeeze. Based on that hammock I assumed the 98" length would be the most comfortable. Wrong assumption again. Max out at 105" results in the flattest, zero calf pressure at a wide range of lay angles.
    Noel V.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe & ENO
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    I have a definite "newb" question about ridge lines. Would anybody know how to set up a ridge line on an ENO DN?

I have been searching for video footage, or a thread with some kind of explanation with no luck so far in finding anything that could help me.
    Last edited by cfisch9; 10-20-2010 at 22:52.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cfisch9 View Post
    I have a definite "newb" question about ridge lines. Would anybody know how to set up a ridge line on an ENO DN?

I have been searching for video footage, or a thread with some kind of explanation with no luck so far in finding anything that could help me.
    Are you using the stock suspension?

Basically all you need to so is get a length of cord make a couple of loops and attach them to your suspension close to the hammock. The length of the cord you need depends on how much sag you want. A good starting point is 83% of the length of your hammock and then adjust from there. Initially it may be a good idea to get an adjustable structural ridgeline like Arrowhead Equipment sells. Once you find your sweet spot you can always make a fixed length one. If you are going to attach the SRL higher up the susupension, to the stock carabiners for example, then your SRL length will have to be longer.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe & ENO
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by odds View Post
    Are you using the stock suspension?

Basically all you need to so is get a length of cord make a couple of loops and attach them to your suspension close to the hammock. The length of the cord you need depends on how much sag you want. A good starting point is 83% of the length of your hammock and then adjust from there. Initially it may be a good idea to get an adjustable structural ridgeline like Arrowhead Equipment sells. Once you find your sweet spot you can always make a fixed length one. If you are going to attach the SRL higher up the susupension, to the stock carabiners for example, then your SRL length will have to be longer.
    Thanks for the pointers. I found an adjustable ridgeline on whoopieslings.com, which I am going to order. I actually use whoopie slings and straps on my ENO, but I imagine that I could just attach the ridgeline to the end loop that goes through the ends of my hammock.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cfisch9 View Post
    Thanks for the pointers. I found an adjustable ridgeline on whoopieslings.com, which I am going to order. I actually use whoopie slings and straps on my ENO, but I imagine that I could just attach the ridgeline to the end loop that goes through the ends of my hammock.
    Your welcome. Just girth hitch the fixed loop of the SRL around the amsteel right up against the hammock. The adjustable end can be girth hitched as well but you'll have to undo the hitch to adjust it.
    Last edited by Bubba; 10-22-2010 at 15:29.

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    Well I am finally getting around to responding to soe of these post and also have a few things to say of my own. So lets begin.

Quote Originally Posted by GvilleDave View Post
    I think your loose ridgeline is a symptom of a steep angle on your suspension. Like Mac stated, if you are comfortable with the lay of the hammock you can always shorten the ridgeline so it is taunt when you have your hammock in your sweet spot. For me when I have mine just right the ridgeline is taunt when I get in the hammock. Good luck.
    As sated in the WB site and videos, one needs to have their ridge line at am 80-90* angle when turned up by their hands while laying down...This is a correct RL taughtness.

OK next, I appreciate all the replies but I feel as if the answers has been watered down. What I am looking for is the technical answers to things as stated in my first post. I love getting very detailed and technical with things...Perhaps I will just have to hang my hammock and start messing with things, and then when I can't tie the knots and or things back together send it back to WB for him to fix it for me

Maybe my questions are too vague, if so let me know. But seriously how do things work and whats the "purpose" Please refer to my original post (quoted below) and give some more in depth and detailed answers then what have been given....Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mugs View Post
    To me it seems like a line of cord (amsteel?) running through some cloth...so how does this dictate sag? Or is running through and then comes out the end and wraps around the gathered end, ties it off, and then continues to go out and attach to the buckles? If that is the case then I can see how it controls sag.

How is it adjusted, do I have to undo my gather and re-tie it. If that is the case then I am not touching it. There is some fancy tying going on in my hammock and I don't even want to mess with it. I am not a knot tier in any way shape or form.

How does it control the sag/real purpose of development, I mean the technical jargon of things. What makes it tick, lets get down and dirty and techno tardy on this one.

OK I think I have rambled on enough. Now your all's turn.
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Hammock
    diy DL HH explorer asym w/shelf
    Tarp
    jrb hex spinn
    Insulation
    winter crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopies/toggles
    the main purpose of a ridge line is basically to help you obtain the same amount of sag for your hammock (constant level of comfort) it also helps keep the netting off your face (if you have one).
    on most commercial hammocks (hh for sure, not sure about the other models) the ridge line is pre adjusted, you can always replace the rl to be able to adjust the amount of sag to your liking.
    as a bonus the rl lets you hang a few items, but that is a bonus!

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    Ya the WBBB is pre adjusted as well and helps keep the built in bug netting off my face also. To me, it looks like it runs through the hammock and then is used to tie off the the gather. But then there is some more cordage that is smaller (less strands) as well that goes some where? And also (I am assume part of the RL) that goes out to the buckles.
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mugs View Post
    Ya the WBBB is pre adjusted as well and helps keep the built in bug netting off my face also. To me, it looks like it runs through the hammock and then is used to tie off the the gather. But then there is some more cordage that is smaller (less strands) as well that goes some where? And also (I am assume part of the RL) that goes out to the buckles.
    There is a loop of amsteel (created using double fishermans knots and shrink wrap for the ends) that has the cinch buckles. That loop is girth hitched around the gathered end and the ridgeline is connected to that loop. The loop and the RL are both made of 7/64 amsteel. This is how mine is set up anyways. There are some videos around if you want to make a suspension swap.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12