G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    My camo is so good it doesnt show up in pics...

Nice pink hammock, Paul

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ET's
    Quote Originally Posted by tritan View Post
    You got to be kidding. Wow look at that. ;-)
    Lol..yep, that used to be my hammock...I LOVE COLOR!!

I think after reading everyone's post in here i'm pretty much the oddball out...I have a sky blue and colbalt blue hammock. My UQ is also sky blue. My TQ is Lime Green and my new tarp will either be sky blue or royal blue.

I love nature with all the greens/browns and black...but i'm all about adding some color to nature...
    Missy Lou - Senior Tarp Queen @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    HH/SLD/GTUL/DH
    Tarp
    WL BD/MLD UL/OES
    Insulation
    te-wa/KAQ/WL/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies
    All brown and black pretty much for me.

My grey tarp seems to stick out in the picture, but from a distance its hard to spot. my orange bishop bag sticks out pretty good though.

During hunting season i usually put blaze orange bandanas on the ends of my tarp.
    check out my youtube channel! Trip Reports and hammock talk. - Creekcrossings Youtube channel

My Blog - Creekcrossings blog

Also check out my Facebook page! - Creekcrossings Facebook page

Hammock
    WBBB's
    Tarp
    UGQ, WB, OES
    Insulation
    UGQ UQs/TQs
    Suspension
    Straps/Carabiners
    I generally like the natural solid tones as well (not camo), but with my hammock, tarp, and under quilt all olive green, the whole thing was feeling rather drab. Something needed a splash of color, so when I recently placed my order for a top quilt, I went with "tangerine".

Hammock
    WB BB DL XL
    Tarp
    SilNylon (rectngl)
    Insulation
    BA Insulatd Inflat
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    When I teach LNT to Boy Scouts, I teach them that sounds, colors and smells that are not natural to the environment violate the principles of LNT. This thread has prompted me to review LNT principles and I can't honestly say that it specifies that bright colors or ones that are not natural to the environment that you are in should be avoided. Unless you interpret this principle;

"Be Considerate of Other Visitors Respect other visitors and protect the quality of their experience. Be courteous. Yield to other users on the trail. Step to the downhill side of the trail when encountering pack stock. Take breaks and camp away from trails and other visitors. Let nature's sounds prevail. Avoid loud voices and noises."

Does having orange in a natural environment effect the "quality of their experience"? I think that MANY of the posts here say that it does and that's why the vast majority use brown, black, green and tan colors.

I also think that it does but as I also teach the Scouts - LNT are PRINCIPLES not RULES. There is no LNT policeman in the woods. Sometimes you have to weigh pros and cons of a decision and if the pros outweigh the cons and that means violating the principles of LNT then so be it.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by grannypat View Post
    I like to blend so my colors are browns and olive greens. My guy lines are orange glow wire so I don't trip over them.
    What she said (literally) ^^^

The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
    When I teach LNT to Boy Scouts, I teach them that sounds, colors and smells that are not natural to the environment violate the principles of LNT. This thread has prompted me to review LNT principles and I can't honestly say that it specifies that bright colors or ones that are not natural to the environment that you are in should be avoided. Unless you interpret this principle;

"Be Considerate of Other Visitors Respect other visitors and protect the quality of their experience. Be courteous. Yield to other users on the trail. Step to the downhill side of the trail when encountering pack stock. Take breaks and camp away from trails and other visitors. Let nature's sounds prevail. Avoid loud voices and noises."

Does having orange in a natural environment effect the "quality of their experience"? I think that MANY of the posts here say that it does and that's why the vast majority use brown, black, green and tan colors.

I also think that it does but as I also teach the Scouts - LNT are PRINCIPLES not RULES. There is no LNT policeman in the woods. Sometimes you have to weigh pros and cons of a decision and if the pros outweigh the cons and that means violating the principles of LNT then so be it.
    ^This was almost word for word what I was going to post, except I work with the YMCA and not scouts.
    Everything except my blaze orange rain jacket, orange tarp guylines and blue M50 outer shells of my summer quilts is a neutral color.
    I use the orange guylines so I'm less likely to trip over them and the rain jacket so I am visible in the misting rain/hunting prevalent in my area. I liked blue and wanted something different (but would have chosen green M50 if it were available at my time of purchase).
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    Lite Owl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies/toggles
    I like to blend, but even if I'm not blending, I prefer unobtrusive colors. I'm there to enjoy nature and prefer not to ruin it with crazy colors. I hate that THIS is the style

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB yeti, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I also like subdued colours. My biggest gripe with the cuben fibre tarp I have is that it's a bit of a sore thumb with its silver glow (even though it's the olive coloured one). Camo is something I tend to avoid above all in clothes, but I would probably not mind a tarp that much. Just wouldn't pay extra for it.

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I actually don't mind bright colors. I have one set up that is a WBBB in slate grey with a matching tarp, but my other setup is an orange ENO DN, with Orange ridgeline and a kelty noah's 9;
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast