Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by edhess View Post
    Terri, I am bringing along an extra 3/4 UQ that I am trying to sell. You are most welcome to give it a try if things cool off too much. I am kind of a weeney when it comes to cold nights, so I bought a full length UQ to use instead. I think we may drop down to the low 30's Saturday night.

edhess
    Thanks Ed! My husband might be interested if he gets cold. Oddly, I'm not really concerned to much about the cold. I pretty sure I'm a hot sleeper. I find myself tossing at night looking for a cooler spot in the bed and must have one foot out from under the covers to sleep comfortably. I don't think I have ever slept the entire night in socks, even when the heater broke and the house got down to 55.

Terri

Hammock
    Switchback
    Tarp
    OES MacCat's
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I believe I'm considered a hot/warm sleeper too.
    I rarely use the heater where I live, ever. Just put on another layer of clothing or blanket. Come on, its South Florida.

40's* temps outside [rarely] is comfy in my hammock setup with a 3/4 UQ & cheapo sleeping bag, layered light clothing. Actually wishing for colder temps to test my gear and self comfort.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.7
    Tarp
    Mac Cat Ultra
    Insulation
    thermarest, DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies and strap
    Images
    Let me reiterate that any scary low temperatures happen for only 30 mins right before sunrise if at all.

WIth that said, I have a DIY 1" Climashield 3/4 UQ that has been fine right into the 20s. I got the insulation from Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics (http://www.owfinc.com/Fabrics/insulation.asp) and used light ripstop for the outer and inner shells. A very easy project that made a UQ that has become invaluable to me. I will be glad to show it off and offer help to anyone interested. It weighs 17oz and crushes real small.
    Hedgehogs! Why can't they just share the hedge?

FH3 REPORTS AND PICS http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=66682
    FH4 In the Planning Now! Ask me for more......
    "Vada a Bordo, Cazzo!"

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    I didn't mean to make it sound like I was worried about temps. I just think I'm going to need a bit more than my summer weight sleeping bag for this one.

I can't wait!

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.7
    Tarp
    Mac Cat Ultra
    Insulation
    thermarest, DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies and strap
    Images
    I am loving this though! I said in the early announcement that this was a chance for our more northern fellows to have a laugh at our expense as we worry about temps they would not even blink at. Indeed, it was not all that long ago that i was chopping at the wood pile on a dirt road in upstate new york in a tee shirt at 20 degrees and happy as a clam. Now I am shocked to see that it is only 56 degrees and and I feel like it is sub freezing! At least we are living up to our reputation.

Of course there is turn about. LAst summer it was unusually hot on the AT in Virginia. We ran into all kinds of folks freaking out cause it was pushing the low 90s. I had not noticed it was "warm" (my term for everything between 90 and 107).
    Hedgehogs! Why can't they just share the hedge?

FH3 REPORTS AND PICS http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=66682
    FH4 In the Planning Now! Ask me for more......
    "Vada a Bordo, Cazzo!"

Hammock
    DW netless/JS Full net
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Dutch buckle/strap
    So is it safe to assume I will be camping out of my trunk this weekend or is there a walk from the cars? I am trying to plan for my 5 year olds needs, lol.

On a side note, would it be non-campsite friendly to show up Friday night after dark? I would estimate 8-ish, but don't want to be rude with lights and etc. I'm hoping my wife will be game for driving down after work instead of waiting til Saturday AM.

Thanks! I am amped!
    Look up before you hook up!!
    Originally Posted by body942
    Me big. Me like hammockgear burrow. Long. Problems no. People good.

Hammock
    Blackbird Double Layer 1.0
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    3 Season Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Rick, this is a twice used, 3 season Yeti. Again, I changed my mind and went full length UQ. This is a great UQ that retails for $180.00 right now from Warbonnet. I would like to get $170.00 for the UQ.

edhess

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Rick View Post
    Ed do you have a price tag on that yet?

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    3 Season Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    It is amazing, isn't it? Have the temperature drop below 50 and the locals start breaking out the full blast winter gear.
    Guilty as charged. But that is why we have a campfire and down jackets.

edhess

Quote Originally Posted by Flackfizer View Post
    I am loving this though! I said in the early announcement that this was a chance for our more northern fellows to have a laugh at our expense as we worry about temps they would not even blink at. Indeed, it was not all that long ago that i was chopping at the wood pile on a dirt road in upstate new york in a tee shirt at 20 degrees and happy as a clam. Now I am shocked to see that it is only 56 degrees and and I feel like it is sub freezing! At least we are living up to our reputation.

Of course there is turn about. LAst summer it was unusually hot on the AT in Virginia. We ran into all kinds of folks freaking out cause it was pushing the low 90s. I had not noticed it was "warm" (my term for everything between 90 and 107).

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    3 Season Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Rick, I think there are a few things we just don't know right now. One is how many cars/trucks will be parked for a group of 40-45. I would count on a big parking lot, but probably no more than a few hundred yards from parking to the main campfire area. Maybe a little further to where you would hang or pitch a tent. Be sure to bring headgear lights or a flashlight to get around. If you arrive after sunset, you may have a little more effort in finding a place to hang or tent only because it is dark and most of the areas are best seen in daylight. You can always move to another location in the morning. Look forward to seeing you.

edhess

So is it safe to assume I will be camping out of my trunk this weekend or is there a walk from the cars? I am trying to plan for my 5 year olds needs, lol.

On a side note, would it be non-campsite friendly to show up Friday night after dark? I would estimate 8-ish, but don't want to be rude with lights and etc. I'm hoping my wife will be game for driving down after work instead of waiting til Saturday AM.

Thanks! I am amped!

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images

Thanks! I am amped!
    At 8:00 p.m. you should still be able to see the campfire blazing all the way from Jacksonville! No problem arriving at that time.

I will (and I'm sure most others) will have headlamps and flashlights, so we will all go hang your hammocks ... we'll have your campsite lit up like a night time crime scene
    Last edited by MAD777; 01-18-2011 at 19:37. Reason: sp

• + New Posts
  • Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast