Hammock
    DH Dangerbird, Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ/DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Beetles
    I have the 1 season Jarbidge and it is plenty warm for the summer up here in
    the Adirondacks,and packs down pretty small.

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Latitude918 View Post
    If you had to do it again, would you get the 3 season, or just the 1 season? I see pros and cons to both.
    3 season - I camp more between March thru mid July and Sept thru Dec rather than than mid summer (late July thru mid August) - I don't like camping when day time high temps are above 90F unless there is water to swim in.
    My typical temp range for night time lows is 25F to 65F and the 3 season Jarbridge w/Apex has been good for this range. If it is hotter just push it off to the side because an UQ isn't needed or get/use a $35 UQP for those hot nights (Under Quilt Protectors are a nice addition - 2QZQ has them).
    For me, the 1 season would be too temp limiting and the size/5.5oz weight savings not worth it to me. If I wanted size/weight savings and dampness/humidity wasn't an issue, I'd go with down.
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

Hammock
    DIY - Single Layer and Clark TX-250
    Tarp
    Hen'sy Hex, Vertex
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Varies
    I am very picky about gear and I like my Jarbidge 3 season. I bought mine on sale and for the sale price it was an excellent value. Sales are often announced on Arrowhead Equipment's Facebook page. The sewing quality is excellent.

Synthetic has some advantage being on the underside of a hammock if water splashes on it in a storm and gets it damp because it better retains its insulating capability compared to down. Another advantage of the Jarbidge is that is longer than most 3/4 length quilts. Compare lengths and you will see the difference, its ALMOST a full length quilt. It is bulkier than down when stuffed, but it is not unreasonably bulky. My jarbidge and my 20 degree down top quilt fit in a 20L compression sack and will compress down to at least 15L, maybe smaller.

Also, I've had mine out right at the temperature rating or maybe slightly lower and was comfortable.
    Last edited by litetrek; 06-11-2014 at 20:50.

Hammock
    11.5' DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    ArgonSil11'/wdoors
    Insulation
    20F Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    When you use a 3/4 like the jarbridge, do you still use a pad? I don't carry a pad with me which is why I'm curious.

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac99 View Post
    When you use a 3/4 like the jarbridge, do you still use a pad? I don't carry a pad with me which is why I'm curious.
    I don't need/use a pad with my Jarbridge. Also, I'm 5'9" and the Jarbridge covers my shoulders down to ankles - so I don't need a small pad for my feet either. When below freezing, I just put a jacket over the foot end of my sleeping bag/TQ and that is enough.
    Blocking the wind from robing your UQ heat for cold weather while venting during hot weather are also key items for UQ use.
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

Hammock
    WB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbridge, Incub20
    Suspension
    Web Susp
    I live in Alabama and camp mostly in the southeast. I had a tough time choosing between the 3 season or 1-season jarbridge. Chose the 3 season with triangle thingies and UQP from 2qzq. Couldn't be more pleased. Have used it in temps from 27-68 and have loved the performance. I am a cold sleeper though so YMMV.

Hammock
    Blackbird,HH Hyperlite, Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    HG 20 degree set
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I slept beside a river with a mild breeze on a 40 degree night in Western Washington last week with a 3 season jarbidge and a down top quilt, and I was plenty warm. At some point I moved my foam sit-pad from my feet to under my butt to negate the one cool spot. I'm 5'3" and tend to sleep "fetal" so the jarbidge was under almost all of me most of the time.

Down is nicer for the compression factor, but for the price, the jarbidge definitely does the job!

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    I use a one season Jarbidge in the house and a three season out camping -- love 'em both! The one season is exactly what I need inside, summer or winter and the three season is perfect for Canadian summers, especially next to the great big air conditioner that is Lake Superior. The only time I was cold with the Jarbidge is when I got wet, and that was a tarp issue, not an underquilt issue. I'd recommend this quilt to anyone!
    Debi

One drawback to the Jarbridge is the suspension system. Rather than channels, it has corner tabs to which the suspension is attached. This means adjusting fore and aft is not as easy was with underquilts with side channels. I added channels and now it is much easier to adjust.

Hammock
    diy, hk2001,bmbh
    Tarp
    diy hex or aysym
    Insulation
    diy's,jarbidge!!!!
    Suspension
    whoops, ucr, dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bwg View Post
    One drawback to the Jarbridge is the suspension system. Rather than channels, it has corner tabs to which the suspension is attached. This means adjusting fore and aft is not as easy was with underquilts with side channels. I added channels and now it is much easier to adjust.
    i like the corner tab system,i can even adjust it in the hammock. but id take channels over it since i think it stops drafts it the middle of the quilt

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast