Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    Will stay tuned to the thread and let ya'll know if the schedule works out. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bonepile View Post
    There's plenty of trees there. Come and pick out a couple.
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    its a national park. more trees then we could fill. we could fit hundreds of hangers and still not by full. the vault toilet may be full but not the site. your more then welcome. just fill out the ss and bring something to eat.
    Give me more darkness said the blind man,
    Give me more folly said the fool,
    Give me stone silence said the deaf man,
    I didn't believe Sunday School.
    Phil Keaggy

Images
    As I have not been to that side, maybe millergear, firebird, or some of those that frequent this area.
    We chose yates because we could park and not have to hike to the campsite. It has a vault and many trees, free, garbage pick up. It was also central and people could hike in if the wanted. It just stuck from there. For future hangs I am sure we would be open to other locations that had similar settings.
    Yea I've hiked on the trail by Yates but haven't been to the actual campground and haven't seen anything aside from the area between Hwy24 and Yates so I can't say.

All else being equal, it might mix things up a bit to do one event at each location if it becomes a biannual event. OR people liked Yates so much they just want more of Yates. *shrug* Nothing wrong with that.

In any event, this is my last week on Third shift which means this hang is now a definite maybe for me leaning towards likely.

Gotta dig around in my parent's attic this weekend and see if I can find my gold pan I've never used.

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx, Yeti, Rev 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I'll be bringing my sons XLC and Mammajamba tarp and setting it up. I'll try it out Friday night and if I like it, I'll sleep in it Saturday night too. I'll have my RR and Superfly also for a backup for Saturday. If anyone one wants to try either one I'll have them with me. I got the UQ and TQ for both, so if anyone was curious how they slept, be a good time to try it out.
    Aim for the moon, if you miss, at least you will still be among the stars.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubartez View Post
    I'll be bringing my sons XLC and Mammajamba tarp and setting it up. I'll try it out Friday night and if I like it, I'll sleep in it Saturday night too. I'll have my RR and Superfly also for a backup for Saturday. If anyone one wants to try either one I'll have them with me. I got the UQ and TQ for both, so if anyone was curious how they slept, be a good time to try it out.
    If nobody else take you up on this I may try and steal a tq. I use a mummy bag. Would be nice to snooze in complete downy goodness.

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx, Yeti, Rev 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    If nobody else take you up on this I may try and steal a tq. I use a mummy bag. Would be nice to snooze in complete downy goodness.
    No problem. I used the 0 Mamba the other night for the first time and it was nice and warm.
    Aim for the moon, if you miss, at least you will still be among the stars.

Hammock
    WB Traveler, Hammock Bliss double
    Tarp
    HH hex
    Insulation
    Pluq
    Suspension
    Whoopi slig.
    Hey there new guy to the forum and Hammock camping. I am thinking about making it to this hang. I am a Second shift worker so if I can go, I won't be there until Saturday late morning but I don't have to leave until Monday morning. Anyone staying until Monday? Gear wise I just received a blue sky hammock and planning to buy a HH Hex fly. I am on a budget/wife approved spending limit. Anyway hope to see you all then.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Hey cm2111 no worries on showing up late Saturday morning. We'll be glad to have you there.

I'm not sure if anybody is staying till Monday. Hopefully they'll speak up.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cm2111 View Post
    Hey there new guy to the forum and Hammock camping. I am thinking about making it to this hang. I am a Second shift worker so if I can go, I won't be there until Saturday late morning but I don't have to leave until Monday morning. Anyone staying until Monday? Gear wise I just received a blue sky hammock and planning to buy a HH Hex fly. I am on a budget/wife approved spending limit. Anyway hope to see you all then.
    Last hang i think it was pappyamos that was going to stay but couldnt get any takers.

Hammock
    WBRR, Numerous DIY
    Tarp
    Winter Palace WBCB
    Insulation
    WB Lynx HG TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Strap/SMC Ring
    Firewood is cut. Need to split a little more and load it. I'll probably take it up on Thursday if Pappy Amos is going to be there so he'll have some. I'll check with him, and if not I'll take it Friday.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    Firewood is cut. Need to split a little more and load it. I'll probably take it up on Thursday if Pappy Amos is going to be there so he'll have some. I'll check with him, and if not I'll take it Friday.
    Ty firebird. I hope your feeling better and can spend some time with us out there.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast