Grapenut DIY
    Tarp
    HNO Airship
    Insulation
    Leigh-Lo
    Suspension
    Always
    Quote Originally Posted by hangnout View Post
    Verizon maybe some reception? ATT only at Bandy Creek Campground area. No 3G/4G for sure.

The trails we will be on probably not
    Thanks for the update and extra tarp. Are you all coming up Thursday evening or Friday?
    Afoot and light-hearted, I take to the open road,
    Healthy, free, the world before me,
    The long brown path before me, leading wherever I choose.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    Sounds like a good plan to get an earlier start. Anyone that has not been to the Twin Arches will want to spend some time there and not be rushed.

If anyone is running late they can park at the Sawmill trailhead and meet us at the junction of Slave Falls Loop trail and Laurel Fork Creek trail.

BTW we need to decide if we are operating on Central or Eastern time. Thursday nights camp at Bandy Creek is in EST and the trail head at Twin Arches is CST

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ftroop94 View Post
    Thanks for the update and extra tarp. Are you all coming up Thursday evening or Friday?
    Not sure until week of trip but probably Friday morning. If you need it for Thursday night I will get it to you.

Images

Central time

Quote Originally Posted by hangnout View Post
    BTW we need to decide if we are operating on Central or Eastern time. Thursday nights camp at Bandy Creek is in EST and the trail head at Twin Arches is CST
    Good point hangnout. I propose CENTRAL TIME as the official time for Friday's trailhead meeting. We Thursday night Bandy Creek Loop A campsite # 39 basecampers will just have to do the math.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Sounds like not enough time to do a big group breakfast. So on the trail by 10a.m., is this correct? And that is 10a.m. central time
    I think it's smart. I want to bring a real camera and a tripod for the bluff shelters hoping to do one of them justice.

Hammock
    HH for now
    Tarp
    sgg 12x12 soon
    Insulation
    still looking
    Suspension
    JRB complete
    Ok so I won't know if I can make it till the week before(boo). But if I can I won't be able to get there till fri afternoon say 2-4:00 will there be a good place to meetup then or would it be easier for me to come down sat morning early? Also still worried about my bottom insulation will/anyone have extra in case I need and I have a SGG 12x12 tarp I am gonna bring if some one could "learn" me how to rigg it up. This is gonna be the first time I have use my hammock on the trail. Alittle "nervous" kinda just wanna have the best hanging exp possible.

Ps any one gonna be in a WBBB I am looking at getting one and would like to see/test one out before making a purchase

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveller
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    LeighLo quilts
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatx View Post
    Ok so I won't know if I can make it till the week before(boo). But if I can I won't be able to get there till fri afternoon say 2-4:00 will there be a good place to meetup then or would it be easier for me to come down sat morning early? Also still worried about my bottom insulation will/anyone have extra in case I need and I have a SGG 12x12 tarp I am gonna bring if some one could "learn" me how to rigg it up. This is gonna be the first time I have use my hammock on the trail. Alittle "nervous" kinda just wanna have the best hanging exp possible.

Ps any one gonna be in a WBBB I am looking at getting one and would like to see/test one out before making a purchase

I may be bringing my BB, its a lefty, but you can still get a feel for it. If you need rigging for the tarp I have a couple figure 9s and some guyline you could use. You could park at sawmill trailhead friday afternoon. Its roughly halway through the first days hike, so it would be a pretty easy meetup. Hope to see you there
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here"~Jack Nicholson/As Good As It Gets

Hammock
    Grapenut DIY
    Tarp
    HNO Airship
    Insulation
    Leigh-Lo
    Suspension
    Always
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatx View Post

I should have two there for my buddies to borrow that you can try out.
    Afoot and light-hearted, I take to the open road,
    Healthy, free, the world before me,
    The long brown path before me, leading wherever I choose.

Hammock
    HH for now
    Tarp
    sgg 12x12 soon
    Insulation
    still looking
    Suspension
    JRB complete
    Thanks spamburger I have some figure 9s I use for my tent rainfly guess all I need is a ridge line then?? The whole warm/cold nature thing confuses me to make it less confusing I don't like to be cold when I sleep. And I have a DIY uq I bought from a mem here I think it is a 1/2-3/4 maybe a 2/3 not sure just know it does not get to my knees or to my head/shoulders I think that he says he would only trust it down to the forties hope I can get by with that.

Hammock
    DIY or Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Bonefire Deluxe
    Images
    Add me to the list of attendees. D1 is a maybe.

Spamburgler, could you do a summary of the details. I read back thru the thread, but want to make sure I didn't miss anything important. Do you have a rough mileage per day so I can help D1 decide if she's up for it?

Thanks. Looking forward to it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast