Hammock
    Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Claytor JH
    Insulation
    ridge rest pad
    Suspension
    nylon straps

possible N. GA (or SC, TN, etc) get together this weekend? (3/16-18)

My girl has never been backpacking before and I got her a pack last month. We are considering going this weekend, assuming she agrees (shes worried about being uncomfortable since its cool in the evening/morning). So I'm not 100% sure we'll be doing anything, but I hope so.

the Chattooga is always the first place that comes to mind, and she has been hiking there and liked it. Also I am fairly familiar with it and places to park so I could probably come up with a short hike that we could bring some beverages on, or a longer one if she prefers that.

We'll be sleeping in a tent, which I haven't done for a long time but I just got a brand new one so I'm not that disappointed (she's not sure about the hammock idea and we'll have 2 dogs)

Anyone think they'd be interested in a get together? I think it'll be more fun for her first time if theres more going on than just us sitting around in the woods.

And again, I'm not even 100% sure we are even up for it. Just trying to see if anyone else might be interested too.

I get back from LA around 130 on friday, and shes a teacher so she'd be ready to leave around 430. Or we could just leave sat morning

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG/JRB
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerZ71 View Post
    My girl has never been backpacking before and I got her a pack last month. We are considering going this weekend, assuming she agrees (shes worried about being uncomfortable since its cool in the evening/morning). So I'm not 100% sure we'll be doing anything, but I hope so.

the Chattooga is always the first place that comes to mind, and she has been hiking there and liked it. Also I am fairly familiar with it and places to park so I could probably come up with a short hike that we could bring some beverages on, or a longer one if she prefers that.

We'll be sleeping in a tent, which I haven't done for a long time but I just got a brand new one so I'm not that disappointed (she's not sure about the hammock idea and we'll have 2 dogs)

Anyone think they'd be interested in a get together? I think it'll be more fun for her first time if theres more going on than just us sitting around in the woods.

And again, I'm not even 100% sure we are even up for it. Just trying to see if anyone else might be interested too.

I get back from LA around 130 on friday, and shes a teacher so she'd be ready to leave around 430. Or we could just leave sat morning
    My friends and I were thinking about hitting up the Big Bend Trail on the Chattooga this weekend.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    We'd love to see you both at the SC Spring Swing at Huntington Beach. That would be a great first for her, and we will have lots of fun. Maybe you can get her to hang there too. You can bring the tent for back up.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    BMJ w/pullouts
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Huggers/whoopies
    You guys are killing me. I was just there last weekend with dakotaross and now this! I could be convinced to suck it up and bear the burden of back-to-back weekends. I'll keep watching this thread to see what you decide.
    "The Road goes ever on and on,
    Down from the door where it began.
    Now far ahead the Road has gone,
    And I must follow, if I can.
    Pursuing it with eager feet
    Until it joins some larger way
    Where many paths and errands meet.
    And whither then? I cannot say."
    ~Bilbo Baggins - LotR

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    GoLite, Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I could possibly join. Was thinking about showing up at Huntington Beach but it's about 3.5 hours.

Hammock
    BB 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    Lazybee is hangin' at the beach on the Chattooga this weekend. I'm gonna try to go if work permits. It'll be a good weekend for yawl weather wise

Hammock
    Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Claytor JH
    Insulation
    ridge rest pad
    Suspension
    nylon straps
    What I am tentatively planning is to go to burrels ford on friday and camp near there and drop off some beverages, and then hike from either sloan bridge or the hatchery to the bridge or beach (the area we camped 2 weeks ago).

I'm not sure if she'll be up for leaving Friday night or not but I think so. I'd really like to plan some better route to keep me hiking a little more (I don't like to stay put, I camp so that I can hike) although finding a good fishing hole is reason to stay put for a while.

I'm fine with going back to the same spot, I know my girl will like it and I know I will too and its familiar, but if anyone has any other ideas, especially if you know of a nice loop where we could hike a couple hours friday, find a nice spot to camp, then hike most the day on sat and end up with a cool spot to camp and fish and then make it back to the truck on sunday that would be perfect.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG/JRB
    Looks like I'm going to need directions.

We'd love to see you both at the SC Spring Swing at Huntington Beach.

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    There is still room at the spring swing. Captain smiley is going to be there early Thursday afternoon. I'll be there later that night. There is no big plans for much but I will be doing a gear raffle Saturday afternoon.
    Life looks better from a BIAS hammock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast