Tarp
    DIY Tyvek Edge
    Insulation
    LeighLo FL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

VIDEO: LeighLo 20 degree FL UQ

I recently field tested my new 20 degree full length UQ from LeighLo. I'm 5'9" and this quilt is 66", which is perfect from shoulder to toes. I am a cold sleeper, so I was planning on treating this as a 30 degree quilt, but we got to 29 on this trip and I was toasty. I did sleep with capilene pants, a longsleeve shirt with a fleece vest and a puffy jacket, but I unzipped the vest and jacket because I was hot. Slept nice and toasty, even with the wind. Not shown in the video is the tarp that I had set up, it is tyvek and the same dimensions as the Warbonnet Edge, so it isn't a winter tarp by any means. It was just enough to know down the wind a little bit, but I still felt the breeze a bit inside the hammock.
    http://youtu.be/MQQhFIbJXlo

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoope Slings
    Thanks for the review, well done. Nice looking UQ

Hammock
    Dream Hammocks
    Tarp
    Hg Cf hex and OMW
    Insulation
    Revolt & RevX T/Q
    Suspension
    7/64 Whoopies
    I got the exact same color and length. I'm excited cant wait to get my quilt

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Nice review!

Shug (if memory serves) has a video w/a tip to help with your "shoulder slippage". Basically overtighten the cord at the footbox and the head, while loosening the opposing sides. This raises the UQ where you need it.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Nice review, beautiful quilt, nice colors of the quilt and the sleeping bag.
    That trapezoidal shape is the shape of cutting edge UQs. Thanks for sharing.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DBL
    Tarp
    DIY Tyvek Edge
    Insulation
    LeighLo FL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Funny Money View Post
    Nice review!

Shug (if memory serves) has a video w/a tip to help with your "shoulder slippage". Basically overtighten the cord at the footbox and the head, while loosening the opposing sides. This raises the UQ where you need it.
    I think this will work. The other thought I have is to loosen the cordlock that cinches the quilt horizontal at the shoulders. Since this cordlock is in the middle of the quilt instead of one side, I should be able to loosen the left side a bit and see if that keeps it from slipping down. If it lets cold air in, then I know that it doesn't work that way. Anyhow, I'm super happy with the quilt- it is top notch in my book.

Hammock
    Switchback 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE prototype hex
    Insulation
    Leighlo hi and low
    Suspension
    strap/ring buckle
    Nice UQ. Wait until you see her TQ---YUM!
    The gene pool needs a life guard.

Hammock
    DIY "WARBIRD"
    Tarp
    OES STD,WB BMJ
    Insulation
    Golite TQ/leigh UQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIES
    Quote Originally Posted by dukedante View Post
    Since this cordlock is in the middle of the quilt instead of one side, I should be able to loosen the left side a bit and see if that keeps it from slipping down.
    I have two of Leighlo's quilts and do just what you said, tighten the end channels off center with extra material to the head corner and the foot corner. I find by doing this that it makes the quilt follow a more diagonal lay and gives me more material at my shoulder and my toes and also tightening those two corners just a little more than the other two will help keep it on your shoulder. I also added small shock cord in the side channel(There is a sewn channel already in the top edge) with a mini linelock at the head end, I found that the top edges were a little floppy on there own and wanted to get them to snug into me a little more. By appying just a little pressure to the sides I found that the quilt stayed hooked over my shoulder and over my toes and with less gapping.

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Thanks for the review! I've been looking over her quilt lately and considering a 0* UQ for next year. I use the same bag as you for a 20* TQ. The cosmic is a good inexpensive alternative, you can pick em up for around 75 bucks on sale.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DBL
    Tarp
    DIY Tyvek Edge
    Insulation
    LeighLo FL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by myles to go View Post
    I also added small shock cord in the side channel(There is a sewn channel already in the top edge) with a mini linelock at the head end, I found that the top edges were a little floppy on there own and wanted to get them to snug into me a little more. By appying just a little pressure to the sides I found that the quilt stayed hooked over my shoulder and over my toes and with less gapping.
    Did you rip a hole in the channel or did you use one of the little grosgain loops she placed along the side? There are 3 on each side of my quilt spaced evenly along the side. I could probably just use these if I need to add the shockcord. I think I'll try the option you agreed with me on first.

Quote Originally Posted by L.D. Cakes View Post
    I use the same bag as you for a 20* TQ. The cosmic is a good inexpensive alternative, you can pick em up for around 75 bucks on sale.
    I was talking with my hiking partner about the bag and I think that since it is a cheaper bag the down is actually spread evenly across the top and bottom of it, so it works great as a TQ. Some of the more expensive ones don't fill the bottom of the bag as much, which would make a lopsided TQ. Works fantastically for me. Have you considered cutting off the hood and zipper?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast