Clark NA vs new JRB Bridge hammock

I am looking to switch from my bottom entry HH to a top entry hammock. I have narrowed it down to the Clark North American and the new JRB Bridge hammock. I like the spreader bar/flat sleeping surface of the JRB but like the zip up side panels on the Clark for protection from elements. Any thoughts?

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images

weather protection on JRB bridge

Quote Originally Posted by jscalia View Post
    I am looking to switch from my bottom entry HH to a top entry hammock. I have narrowed it down to the Clark North American and the new JRB Bridge hammock. I like the spreader bar/flat sleeping surface of the JRB but like the zip up side panels on the Clark for protection from elements. Any thoughts?
    Can't speak to the Clark, I've no experience there.
    If you have a DIY bent, then making an overcover for the JRB should be pretty straightforward. I'll be making one for my DIY bridge shortly.

Grizz

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    like grizz said you should be able to make a cover for it with out much problem and in fact I think I read somewhere on the forum all though I am not sure were that someone was already trying to do that you might do a search on here. when I was looking for my hammock some folks said that a bridge would be better for me as I too like to sleep on my side or on my belly and I looked at the bridge for a long time and somewhere down the line I may end up trying one. But I don't like all stuff that it takes to put up a bridge is my only reason I went with the other. I can and do sleep on my side allot in my clark and have a couple of time slept on my belly although I can say I did'nt like it cause I woke up to sleep on my side.

It is a big purchase and one that should be done after doing you homework
    But these folks on here have help allot in many ways for me so I am sure they will for you.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver2 View Post
    like grizz said you should be able to make a cover for it with out much problem and in fact I think I read somewhere on the forum all though I am not sure were that someone was already trying to do that you might do a search on here. when I was looking for my hammock some folks said that a bridge would be better for me as I too like to sleep on my side or on my belly and I looked at the bridge for a long time and somewhere down the line I may end up trying one. But I don't like all stuff that it takes to put up a bridge is my only reason I went with the other. I can and do sleep on my side allot in my clark and have a couple of time slept on my belly although I can say I did'nt like it cause I woke up to sleep on my side.

It is a big purchase and one that should be done after doing you homework
    But these folks on here have help allot in many ways for me so I am sure they will for you.
    all it takes to put up a JRB bridge is a sufficiently large balance in the checking account. Oh, and some patience, (right FanaticFringer?)

All the greek symbols in the bridge hammock thread makes the project seem threatening to those unaccustomed to the language of mathematics. We all were just exploring how to build the thing. Now that we largely know how to do it, it's pretty simple. To make, and to set up. On the chance that you haven't noticed, that's why I wrote the Guide to Building a Bridge Hammock. My personal preference in design has evolved some since this summer, but the outline given there is a perfectly good and very comfortable hammock.

Grizz

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jscalia View Post
    Let us know what you end up doing and how it works for you keep in touch

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    all it takes to put up a JRB bridge is a sufficiently large balance in the checking account. Oh, and some patience, (right FanaticFringer?)

All the greek symbols in the bridge hammock thread makes the project seem threatening to those unaccustomed to the language of mathematics. We all were just exploring how to build the thing. Now that we largely know how to do it, it's pretty simple. To make, and to set up. On the chance that you haven't noticed, that's why I wrote the Guide to Building a Bridge Hammock. My personal preference in design has evolved some since this summer, but the outline given there is a perfectly good and very comfortable hammock.

Grizz
    Pan said the bridge hammock would be ready early November on a first come first served basis.....I believe I am one of the first.......Nov.1 is this coming Thursday

Jscalia...if you decide on the bridge you might consider getting the new JRB cat tarp. It would offer extra protection from the elements with it's unique end closures. I'm getting one.http://www.jacksrbetter.com/index_fi...010%20Tarp.htm A big thanks go out again to the two members who helped fund this purchase with the sale of my Hyperlight and JRB 8X8.
    Last edited by FanaticFringer; 10-27-2007 at 16:08.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Images
    it's listed weight is 33 oz. but does not seem to include the spreaders. does anyone know how much they weigh?

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    it's listed weight is 33 oz. but does not seem to include the spreaders. does anyone know how much they weigh?
    The spreaders are included. I think my hiking poles used as spreaders will allow for additional weight savings. Smee said that both spreaders weigh 6oz. That's pretty light.
    Last edited by FanaticFringer; 10-27-2007 at 18:15.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    The spreaders are included. I think my hiking poles used as spreaders will allow for additional weight savings. Smee said that both spreaders weigh 6oz. That's pretty light.

You think hiking poles will be strong enough and would attach correctly? If so, that would save some weight.

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    You think hiking poles will be strong enough and would attach correctly? If so, that would save some weight.
    They should be more than strong enough. My poles would be collapsed all the way down so I would have plenty of strength. I'll probably have to rig it on somehow.

• + New Posts