Hammock
    Homemade asym
    Tarp
    Homemade blackcat
    Insulation
    JRB Hudson River

2 exciting and un-prepared hangs...

So I've gone hanging the last 2 weekends(Just in campgrounds nothing too dedicated) And both times were amusing.

2 weekends ago, I took my sister and my boyfriend camping with me, I made them both try hammocking, the trouble was that we didn't have enough underquilts and neither of them really liked the foamy idea so we decided to bring 2 extra hammocks and 2 extra sleeping bags for them, the only trouble was we forgot 1 sleeping bag, so my boyfriend decided that he would be okay with just 1, so I laced him up in his hammock before we went to bed the first night(Didn't work) PLUS it started raining in the middle of the night and we had to get up to put the tarps up, THEN when I woke up in the morning I found my poor boyfriend huddled up in the corner of the tent, we brought as a change room, probably cursing my name. I let him sleep in my hammock for a few hours and he warmed up. We just borrowed some blankets from some of the people we were camping with(They were all in trailers). The second night everything went alright.

The last weekend My boyfriend and I had to go up to the big city to sign a lease for our new appartment and we viewed it as a chance to go hanging again. Well first off the first place we went to didn't allow tying anything to trees, so they sent us up the road to a little campsight WAY down a dirt road(We started to think we were in a horror movie or somthing at one point) The chick who runs the place was nice enough to give us a site that had lots of trees in it so we could hang.(All the other open sights were almost void of trees) Seeings as I am not really that great at setting everything up the best yet we got everything up and though we had done a good job, but aparently we were wrong, it started raining shortly after we had finished setting up and because the tarp wasn't quite as tight as it should have been it started leaking like a sivve! I'm sure anyone watching us would have been doubbled over in laughter. I was standing on one foot on the picnic bench trying to hold the tarp off of my hammock(Which was on top of our little bunk-hammock set up(Only one tarp)) while My boyfried tried to tie the tarp tighter and baisically by the time we finished it all, the rain was done.(And we had bent 2 of the 4 pegs I had for keeping the tarp in the ground and had to tie one tie-off to the spoiler on my car)

Everyone at the campsite thought our hammocks were just the coolest, I think it might have somthing to do with all the bright colors floating around.

Anyways, the moral of the story is, we had so much fun in the end, and we didn't got soaked enough to freeze overnight so who cares really.

Just wanted to post my fun adventure.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Glad you posted about your trip! Sounds like there were a few little glitches here and there, but nothing major. And sadly no pictures of your gear in action. .

Thanks again for posting your report. You're going to be well prepared for anything on your next trip I bet.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Hennessy Safari, Eno Doublenest
    Insulation
    Homemade Undrquilt
    These are the trips you will remember the most.

My parents still love telling about my younger brother falling off the log into the ice cold mountain stream. Man he was furious, and we have a picture as proof. It's the little things that go wrong that make trips the most memorable.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    You need to get some big, red, fluffy socks to keep your toes warm while in your hammock. Oh wait, YOU ALREADY HAVE THOSE!

Your boyfriend is a trusting soul. If someone wanted to lace me up in a hammock, I would wonder about their motivations......

Good to see you back posting, Q!

Hammock
    DIY speer type
    Tarp
    OES Maccat
    Insulation
    JRB Nest+ORM
    Suspension
    Webbing + Slings
    Images
    tarps go up first.

I'm looking forward to my first "in the wild" sleep out this weekend!

TH
    my hammock gear weights total: 2430g (~86oz)
    Winter: total 2521 (~89oz)
    (see my profile for detailed weights)

gram counter, not gram weenie!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    A truly honest and informative read. Adversity ..... makes you improvise and really sets a rip into the gray-matter for a lifetime.
    Cool......
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy 9x11
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveller
    Suspension
    CBs + DCs
    Images
    I enjoyed your trip report! Brought back some sentimental memories (*sniff**)

Are you already thinking about your next trip out yet?

Hammock
    Homemade asym
    Tarp
    Homemade blackcat
    Insulation
    JRB Hudson River
    I have pictures. All my stuff to get my pictures from my cellphone(Camera died) onto my computer is in a box in edmonton, I'll put some pictures up soon forsure.

And Finn, I have big fluffy green socks for keeping my toes warm when I'm camping.(I'll show you some pictures of them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by titanium_hiker View Post
    tarps go up first.
    I think with the way we had the tarp set up, it really didn't matter what went up first : D

And yeah we are trying to figure out when we can go again, This whole moving to the city thing is totally killing our buzz man.

• + New Posts