WBBB
    Tarp
    Super Fly & Cuben
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie

Clark Jungle Hammocks

I am interested in ya review of the Clark Hammock system. Which one did you try? Does it really keep you warm without the need of an additional underquilt? What did you like about it? What did you not like about it? Can you still lie at diagonal in them?

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Super Fly & Cuben
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie

WarBonnet

Also, How do they compare to a warbonnet?

Being new to this also, I'm interested in reviews as well.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    You will find many answers to your questions about Clark hammocks in the Manufacturer SubForum here for Clarks. They are all shorter than and mostly more expensive than Warbonnet Black Birds (WBBB). Not tall, I am accustomed to the stiffer bed of the Clarks, and prefer them, for a diagonal lay, too. But, I've tried the WBBB, and admire its design and tailoring.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben 7X9
    Insulation
    JRBSierraSniveller
    Suspension
    ring buckle system
    Images
    I've had the WBBB, the Clark Tropical and now use a Clark NX200. Both Clarks were, to me, more comfortable than the WBBB. The larger NX200 is much more comfortable than the Clark Tropical, but about six oz heavier. The Clarks are slightly warmer than other hammocks, but I still need an underquilt or pad below about 68 degrees. The Clarks are thinner, but you can still lay in them at a diagnal, just not as much.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly View Post
    I am interested in ya review of the Clark Hammock system. Which one did you try? Does it really keep you warm without the need of an additional underquilt? What did you like about it? What did you not like about it? Can you still lie at diagonal in them?
    I have the NX250. I have slept 2 nites in a WBBB. I love the Clark - and probably didn't give the Warbonnet a fair chance.
    The Clark has a slightly narrower bed than some others but the hoops keep it spread comfortably. A diagonal lay is possible but not necessary as there doesn't seem to be a center ridge like I had in the Warbonnet.
    In the Warbonnet I needed insulation anytime the temps got into the low 70's. In the Clark, I can go down to around 50 degrees without anything in the pockets or any underquilt. However, at that temp my legs and feet are getting cold below the area where the pockets are. Still working on that issue.
    The Clark is a few ounces heavier than the Warbonnet but that is offset by not needing to carry extra insulation much of the time.
    The Clark Storm Sheild is a great feature.
    I also like the fact that no side tieouts are needed in the Clark (with hoops).
    I might add - I am 6'5", 190 lbs - and have plenty of room in either hammock.
    Last edited by Passinthru; 11-12-2012 at 08:12. Reason: additional info

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Insulation
    zeppelin UQ
    I also have a Clark 250 and have had it down to 50 degrees with stuff in the pockets. I get a good nights sleep in the hammock. I'm 6' 4" and 185lb. The weather shield is great.

Hammock
    NX-250, BIAS weight weenie
    Tarp
    Clark
    Suspension
    Straps
    I have a Clark 250 and love it!! I'm 6'2" and 190, I find I have more than enough room and Iam always very comftrable. I usually have a thermarest pad that I sleep on and a golite 3 season top quilt. I have had it down to the lower 40's with no UQ and have been quite comftrable with just a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. I must sleep hot because everyone seems to complain about how cold they get sleeping in a hammock. I think that the weather sheid does a great job of keeping the heat in. When it gets cold I do usually have to add one golden retreiver who hates to sleep on the cold ground, yes we both manage to make it thorough the night in relative comfort. I switched the suspension to straps and buckles, adds a little weight but takes no time to get the hammock up.

I mainly backpack and the only draw back I have seen so far is the weight, I have thought about picking up a BIAS for ultralight trips but I worry about my comfort, will probably pick one up for the long summer trips.

I have the Clark NX250. I have slept in it every night but 3 since May 30th. It is for me the ultimate comfort spot. I slept fairly comfortably on nights when the low went down to about 50, but to be honest the under pockets basically serve to deflect errant breezes, not to insulate. I experimented with putting some cheap polyester stuffed pillows in the pockets and they really work. And look terrible, a la the Michellen Man. I now use an under quilt that reaches from hoop to hoop, and it rocks. If something happened to mine today, I would be ordering a new one before dark, I am much more interested in pure comfort while sleeping, than counting ounces while hiking.

I have three Clark's. A North American, a Tropical II, and a TX 250. I also have a WBBB, a ENO DN, and several others, 11 in all. The only think I liked better about the WBBB was the suspension system. But after I switched all my Clark's over to the AIO Whoopie Slings I prefer that suspension system better. My TX 250 gets the call most of the time. On really cold night I will use the NA. For short overnight trips on the river in the summer the tropical II gets the call. I should probably just sale the WBBB and ENO and Hennesys. I just never use them.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast