wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Pyro and I can make it; count us in. I'm thinking Disco is planning the Taum Sauk section for the next one so it's in the early spring.

A friend from my past once said "always have something on your calender to look forward to"; now I do.

Digitizer, the way you were moving I would never have guessed your pack was as heavy as it was! I have a hard time going like that when I'm only carrying a 1/5th of that! Enjoyed playing with the stove more last night and was checking out your videos. The one on your collection convinced me you have a problem but I'm willing to call you my friend anyway!

Gideon
    lol plus one .He is a welcome new member of the group.I like the stove he gave me at the car.Your stove was quite impressive too gideon ive been thinking of making one.

Hammock
    Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator; Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Gideon, yes, I thought we should wait until it was a bit warmer to do the Taum Sauk section of the OT. I'd like to do that with as little weight on my back as possible!
    With beauty all around you, may you walk.

Hammock
    Wbrr
    Tarp
    Noahs 12
    Insulation
    New river uq
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Met some guys from the forum at hawn state park last weekend .would like to try to get involved with the group . If I can I would like to join you at Cuivre river in march . May not have hammock by then but have everything else I need and would like to get some ideas on hammocks and suspension systems for them. Thanks campalot

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Campalot View Post
    Met some guys from the forum at hawn state park last weekend .would like to try to get involved with the group . If I can I would like to join you at Cuivre river in march . May not have hammock by then but have everything else I need and would like to get some ideas on hammocks and suspension systems for them. Thanks campalot
    Hey campalot im glad you found us. I enjoyed meeting you and your sons. Im sure you will fit right in. Welcome to the forum.

Hammock
    Gathered End
    Tarp
    Still Looking
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Campalot, looking forward to seeing you at the Cuivre River hang. If you want I will bring along my extra hammock for you to give it a try (Island Bay Portable Hammock). Depending on the weather we will need to see if an underquilt is required. I only have one underquilt right now. We could set you up with some pads though I have 7 or 8 pads to choose from (air,closed cell,foam...)

Hammock
    Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator; Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Campalot View Post
    Welcome to the group! Hope to see you there.
    With beauty all around you, may you walk.

Hammock
    Wbrr
    Tarp
    Noahs 12
    Insulation
    New river uq
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by digitizer101 View Post
    Campalot, looking forward to seeing you at the Cuivre River hang. If you want I will bring along my extra hammock for you to give it a try (Island Bay Portable Hammock). Depending on the weather we will need to see if an underquilt is required. I only have one underquilt right now. We could set you up with some pads though I have 7 or 8 pads to choose from (air,closed cell,foam...)
    Thanks for the offer ,need to make sure it will support 250 pounds . Do you have the complete system minus underquilt. Will try to make a quilt between now and then. I have some pads of different sizes myself for tent camping. Have a old down comforter, might try to get some ideas on how to convert it to a under quilt. Do you even take a sleeping bag to sleep in or just a overbuilt? Thanks campalot

Hammock
    Gathered End
    Tarp
    Still Looking
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Campalot, I do not have a tarp setup for it yet, however I us a Walmart tarp with mine and it works fine for now I just purchased a whoopie sling system and should have it by next week. That would just leave the clips for the tarp which I believe I have a second pair in camping room I will look into it and let you know.

Oh and as far as the weight goes I just checked the manufactures web site and you are in luck 260 lbs capacity just don't eat to many doughnut between now and then

http://www.hammocks.com/hammocks/fab...kkhakiblue.cfm
    Hammock's manufactures website

It is not the greatest Hammock in the world there is no bug netting but I think we will still be okay in March.

Hammock
    Wbrr
    Tarp
    Noahs 12
    Insulation
    New river uq
    Suspension
    Whoopie

Tarp

Digitizer , how big of a tarp would you recommend ? Would probably start out with that type myself . Let me know if I need to purchase anything for the suspension system or other things for setup. Thanks campalot

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    It was good to meet you Campalot; great boys! Looking forward to seeing you at the next hang! They're a good bunch and I've learned a lot from them.

Enjoy the new week!
    Gideon

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast