Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    I can understand the problem, although I have never camped and hunted. No reason to here. But giving it some thought, where would I hang my custom made re-curve while I was asleep in a hammock? Hmmmmmm. tough question. Think I would have to make a stand next to my hammock out of something available around the campsite. Theres no way I'd lay it on the ground.

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    I have a crossbow, and want to try a traditional bow. Have always liked them. And, no need for hunting and hanging, as I hunt about 7 miles from home.......RR
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunnr72 View Post
    I have a crossbow, and want to try a traditional bow. Have always liked them. And, no need for hunting and hanging, as I hunt about 7 miles from home.......RR
    There is ALWAYS a need to hang..
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunnr72 View Post
    Some people laugh at me when they see me shoot because I shoot, three fingers under. Which means instead of placing the nock between my fingertips, the arrow is above my 3 fingers on the string. Some old timer taught me that years ago and it works great for me.
    Try it.
    Martin makes nice recurves and long bows. You can also make your own pretty easily. Just google it. or visit some of these.
    http://tradgang.com/
    http://paleoplanet69529.yuku.com/
    Last edited by GT; 06-30-2013 at 09:40.

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Gout View Post
    There is ALWAYS a need to hang..
    Well, I can go hunting, and then hang in the back yard after. But I don't think that's what the OP had in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by LostinSpace View Post
    Some people laugh at me when they see me shoot because I shoot, three fingers under. Which means instead of placing the nock between my fingertips, the arrow is above my 3 fingers on the string. Some old timer taught me that years ago and it works great for me.
    Try it.
    Martin makes nice recurves and long bows. You can also make your own pretty easily. Just google it. or visit some of these.
    http://tradgang.com/
    http://paleoplanet69529.yuku.com/
    I have seen both ways, and was leaning towards 3 under. Thanks for the links, checking them out, right after posting this. .......RR
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Leatherwall is a good forum as well..
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Tarp
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I bowhunt in California to, but i do not hang at the same time. Glad to hear there are others like me. Where do you go hunting? Have a great day. Shoot straight!!

Hammock
    DH Darien, WL SNIPE
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock
    Suspension
    WS
    Yea I'm either hunting or hanging, never together.

-seth

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Black Mega Ogee
    Insulation
    Lotsa options
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by JinjaNinja View Post
    I bowhunt in California to, but i do not hang at the same time. Glad to hear there are others like me. Where do you go hunting? Have a great day. Shoot straight!!
    I hunt in AZ, NV, UT, FL, OR & TX...stopped hunting in my home of CA when the friggin' Fish & Game dept "partnered" with the Humane Society. That was enough for me. You cannot carry a sidearm in CA while bow hunting and the Marine who shot a mountain lion in self defense with his bow was aggressively prosecuted because lions are protected here. We have an estimated 20-30,000 lions in the state today. All of them have enjoyed complete protection from us bipeds so they do not fear us like they should. Now add in the cartel guys packing in dope, marijuana grows on public lands, meth labs, tweakers and crazies in the wilderness and you have a good argument for boycotting this state where common sense is uncommon.

Looking to do a float trip in BC for moose and brown bear in the future. I shoot a Hoyt Carbon Element 65lb draw, Spot Hogg Hunter sight, QAD HDX drop-away rest, 8” Axion Gridlock 3D Hunter stabilizer, Archer Xtreme Carbon Vapor (camo dipped) quiver w/ Easton Axis 340 N-Fused arrows & Montec vented broadheads. Strictly a ground pounder, no treestands for me. I like getting close & personal. It is the "pursuit" of game I enjoy.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...9696/HOYT1.jpg

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    Just finished refurbishing the .30-06 that I inherited from my dad, a pre-64 Winchester Model 70. I suffered traumatic injuries in a boating accident so resuming bow hunting will have to wait. I'll feel blessed to sit on a deer stand with the rifle this year.

Yes, now that it's been mentioned, it makes sense to hang for a hunting trip. My first physical therapist in Maine told me that he set up overnight for a huge buck he had scouted. He was a Vietnam vet and was used to sleeping under a poncho all night in the jungle. Hanging could put one deep in the woods ahead of those stalking in from the roads.

Mike

Learn to survive and thrive in any situation, for you never know what might happen. Love family and friends passionately. Suffer no fool. Know your purpose in life and follow it with all your heart.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast