Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Custom OT Setup
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I have really gotten a lot out of this thread as a hammock camping newb. Thanks!

Hammock
    None
    Tarp
    None
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    None
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheian View Post
    Thanks OnB, I kinda splurged stupidly and bought a metric ton of gear. I got me the Eberlestock Dragonfly so I should be ok. It my tarp and quilts I'm worried wont arrive in time.
    An 8.5lb pack?!?!?! Just curious what made you go that route?

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    Its reputation among my old unit and I tend to beat the daylights of my gear. Gentle isn't in my vocab much, if it cant survive being dropped, thrown, stepped on, kicked, sat on, etc... I really am leery of it. I wouldn't even upgrade to a smart phone till a store associate took his Iphone in an otterbox, went out side and chucked it a good twenty feet onto asphalt with no damage. So its heavy, but it survived humping a 60mm mortar system up a mountain in Afghanistan with no damage and made it easier for my team member who was telling me the story.
    Rules to live by:The Wizards Rules
    Anything can be solved by the proper application of High Explosives. Or a shot of whiskey...
    Meaning of the EOD Badge
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy.

Hammock
    Clark nx 250, WB xlc 1.7dbl,WB rr d
    Tarp
    OMW, vertex
    Insulation
    incubator0,phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopie,atlas,web
    My first hammock is a nx 250, I did online research and found the nx would be a very durable all in one hammock. I also would not want to buy something of less quality and regret it. I believe in buying good stuff and taking care of it.
    When I was a kid the only time we were in the house was to eat and sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by doc17th View Post
    My first hammock is a nx 250, I did online research and found the nx would be a very durable all in one hammock. I also would not want to buy something of less quality and regret it. I believe in buying good stuff and taking care of it.
    Same here. Just recently got a NX250 as my first hammock. Happy so far.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, Vertex
    Insulation
    UGQ 40°/20° to 30°
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06 View Post
    Same here. Just recently got a NX250 as my first hammock. Happy so far.
    +1. I am another satisfied newb who wanted an integrated hammock system and got the NX-250 after researching the marketplace and sees the value in innovative design and high quality materials and workmanship.

My friend you did buy good quality. After more than 450 nights in my NX250 it still looks like it did when I bought it. Having said that, I will add that I have had time to see, and use some other hammocks, and it is a fact that there are several true quality hammocks on the market, most produced by cottage industry, people who sink or swim on the quality of the material and workmanship they sell.
    As you, the NX250 was my first hammock, and is still my go to hammock.

Hammock
    Dream hammock Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Nub'a
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    The Clark is the most comfortable thing that I've slept in outside, including a blackbird. I also did work up to it though. Started with a eno doublenest, then a kammok roo, hennesey safari, blackbird, Clark.

Having been through all those choices I think that the Clark fixed a lot of the problems I have with hammock camping.

Storage for your stuff while in the hammock
    Built in under quilt with no weight increase
    Near bridge hammock lay style
    Built in wind cover

It is a heck of a price point, but I love them.

Sleeping issue

I too bought an NX-250 as a first hammock for all the reasons stated here. I am impressed with the quality, but I am having issues learning to sleep in the hammock and looking for some suggestions.

I am 61, a side or belly sleeper, with some hip pain. I have read that hammocks are great to alleviate pressure, one reason I bought a hammock. I have tried to sleep 6 nights now, and only had 1 night of restful sleep. Temps have been from 40-70, but not the issue. I just can't seem to find a comfortable position.

I follow the directions of having some slack in the bug net when I put it up, but perhaps I can tighten it up a bit? I don't feel like I am sleeping flat.

Thanks for any help!

Hammock
    WL, WB, Clark stuff
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by A/B View Post
    I too bought an NX-250 as a first hammock for all the reasons stated here. I am impressed with the quality, but I am having issues learning to sleep in the hammock and looking for some suggestions.

I am 61, a side or belly sleeper, with some hip pain. I have read that hammocks are great to alleviate pressure, one reason I bought a hammock. I have tried to sleep 6 nights now, and only had 1 night of restful sleep. Temps have been from 40-70, but not the issue. I just can't seem to find a comfortable position.

I follow the directions of having some slack in the bug net when I put it up, but perhaps I can tighten it up a bit? I don't feel like I am sleeping flat.

Thanks for any help!
    What did you do different the night you slept well compared to the other nights?

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast