Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    Overall, I agree with you. Its alot of work pulling that thing unless you're attending a group gathering like we were with lbs of whoopie pies! There's nothing easy about pulking with that much weight even with snowshoes and a helper or three! But one or two trips with it out of the year still keep it in the fun category for me. Otherwise my pack will stay on my shoulders too.
    Too true. But, I could not have carried what I did without it. Granted, this year most of it went unused, but last year it was ALL needed, so it was still worth the effort.
    However, Next year: I am bringing what I need & Saturdays picnic supplies, but nothing extra. I'm getting too old to haul 70 Lbs thru the woods. Very likely I will still bring the sled, I think 30 lbs on the sled Plus about 3 in sled weight) & 3 on my back is still easier than 39 on my back. While hiking & hammocking I don't need much more than I carry year round*, it's the standing around in the cold socializing where I need the extra insulation.

*Seriously, my "winter hiking gear" in addition to what I always carry is: wool fingerless gloves, Poly liner gloves, an extra poly long sleeved shirt & a few chemical toe warmers "just in case". Except for at Mt Rogers, I have never used the toe warmers. For me, dressing too warm is the big danger, I did so at the hangout getting water, then had to spend about 15 minutes in a tee in 17 degree temps just to cool off enough so I wouldn't pass out. Sometimes being weird sucks.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images

Help!

OK, Firewalker & I have looked (nearly) everywhere, I can't find my spare hammock.
    The story: I am pretty sure it was with me at the shelter Thursday. Friday while doing the trail maintenance I was "sure" I took it back to his car. BUT, Sunday AM I was a bit fuzzy while packing & may have left it behind at the shelter. The problem is, I think it's in a plastic bag (called a "tee shirt bag") & may have been taken as trash. If so, I am OK with that, but if anyone found it, I would love it back.
    I will still look for it, and may well have left it at home, just can't find it. It is NOT in: my car, pulk bag, backpack, carry along bag, or gear area.
    FW says it's not in his car.

AARRRRGGGG!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctari View Post
    OK, Firewalker & I have looked (nearly) everywhere, I can't find my spare hammock.
    This sounds like the tin whistles from last year?

Maybe the hammock will appear in your pack in a few days, like those did.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    This sounds like the tin whistles from last year?

Maybe the hammock will appear in your pack in a few days, like those did.
    Yea, I was thinking that too. But I think part of the process is that I have to panic first, to give the transport wormhole the energy to work so I get my hammock back. Just following the plan.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    'transport wormhole' HA! excellent, I want to use that one at work! good luck with finding your hammock. I lost a lid to a tea kettle, already wrote the company and already recieved a free replacement (Brunton, good folks there)...so you might get lucky too Doctari! so fingers crossed for you.

• + New Posts
  • Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819