Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Beverly, I'll have extra hammock wbbb & wilderness logic night owl, NEO dbl, and insulation, so you both can use a hammock, also extra tarp, wb super fly, kelty 12, as babelfish5, noted we're sharing site and there's always room, so you can try out different hammocks. jim
    Last edited by jrs; 10-13-2012 at 17:19.

Hammock
    BB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    Beverly, I'll have extra hammock and insulation, so you both can use a hammock, also extra tarp, as babelfish5, noted we're sharing site and there's always room, so you can try out different hammocks. jim
    I can bring an extra WarBonnet and 3/4 underquilt as well. So, there should be enough hammock gear for the both of you.
    "Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny." - Yoda

Hungry Hammock Hanger Website

Hammock
    Hennessy Ultralite
    Insulation
    Phoenix 0*
    I love how awesome everyone is on this forum. So kind.
    InJoy,
    Claire

ok, it looks like I'm in. Do I need to reserve a spot? Also I only have a 40* TQ which should be plenty but would like to try a UQ if someone has one I can try. I'd even buy one if someone has an extra they'd part with. As stated before I'm a total noob with hammocks, haven't even taken it out of box yet. I'm not sure if I have everything I need to hang everything so I'll be dependent on all you experts. I'll bring my night owl, bugnet and tadpole, all bought here on the for sale forum. Thanks in advance

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SamD View Post
    Wish Trude and I could make it this year, but we are still without a home of our own at this time.
    I had a great time hanging out with you two last year. Our time helped my wife too, she had a list of new gear items added to my Christmas list that found their way into my stocking. We'll miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by ^shane^ View Post
    (written from Rangers Ballpark in Arlington for this one game play-in... Such a collapse.)
    I felt your pain that night brother, and yes, I'm still bitter. On a brighter note, I may not feel so sad about potential post season trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly View Post
    Bob and I tried to make reservations online last night for a spot. Trouble making a reservation and getting our texas state parks pass discount doing it online.
    The pass will still waive the day/entry fees. Also, the online system only requires one night payment in advance and if you have a discount coming, they will apply that at the gate upon arrival and payment for remaining night.

Quote Originally Posted by babelfish5 View Post
    I have a spot reserved. JRS and I will be in it. I should have room for 2 more. Your more than welcome to share mine. Jut let me know so I can let the park rangers know the number at my site.
    Even better solution. There may be a fee for a third vehicle at a site, but that's much less than the cost of a site outright.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVenture View Post
    I love how awesome everyone is on this forum. So kind.
    You think these folks are nice here, wait until you meet some of them in person. They, (insert JRS and Babelfish5 as well as many others here), do justify the "a" word.

Quote Originally Posted by mortonjl View Post
    ok, it looks like I'm in. Do I need to reserve a spot? Also I only have a 40* TQ which should be plenty but would like to try a UQ if someone has one I can try. I'd even buy one if someone has an extra they'd part with. As stated before I'm a total noob with hammocks, haven't even taken it out of box yet. I'm not sure if I have everything I need to hang everything so I'll be dependent on all you experts. I'll bring my night owl, bugnet and tadpole, all bought here on the for sale forum. Thanks in advance
    Before you reserve a spot, go to the planning spreadsheet and look at the list of folks. Some have indicated a willingness to share a site. PM one and save some money. I know there will be spare gear, in fact I have an extra JRB Nest UQ I could be convinced to part with as well as some spare dead sheep I can bring. (Ask JRS about that form of insulation.)

For folks joining us not yet listed on the planning spreadsheet, please include your info. My date and I are fixing breakfast for all takers on Saturday morning and a good head count helps a lot.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

OK Mike, I've got extra big sheep skins (6'x4') and you know there are folks who lust after them, BUT i have an extra buffalo robe (skin) my smaller one about 71/2' x6'+ i've used it in my dream 90 to rest in, may be up for sale as i don't use it, and it is warm and soft, especially in front of a fire place or just wrapping up in, anyway, will have back up warmth for those who may need including uqs. but skins are really warm, jim

Hammock
    BB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    OK Mike, I've got extra big sheep skins (6'x4') and you know there are folks who lust after them, BUT i have an extra buffalo robe (skin) my smaller one about 71/2' x6'+ i've used it in my dream 90 to rest in, may be up for sale as i don't use it, and it is warm and soft, especially in front of a fire place or just wrapping up in, anyway, will have back up warmth for those who may need including uqs. but skins are really warm, jim
    I may be hitting you up for that buffalo robe.
    "Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny." - Yoda

bring big ck book, it's a very nice robe from so dakota, large and as you can imagine, not something you'd back pack with, they are hard to come by, my larger one is probably 20 yrs old this one bout 7, really tanned nice. I like the softness much better than bearskin.jim

Hammock
    BB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    bring big ck book, it's a very nice robe from so dakota, large and as you can imagine, not something you'd back pack with, they are hard to come by, my larger one is probably 20 yrs old this one bout 7, really tanned nice. I like the softness much better than bearskin.jim
    What if I bring a small chi Book and plenty of food?

Senior Member Lord of the Chicken Wings's Avatar
    Hammock
    Fried Chicken Skin
    Tarp
    Cold Chicken Skin
    Insulation
    Fowl Feathers
    Suspension
    Voodoo Rooster Leg
    I'm going to try to make it on out there as well.

• + New Posts
  • Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast