Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    August would be nice. Pick some dates and lets see where that takes this.

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite, BMBH UL
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Images
    Funny you should say something about this, I was staying at Seven Springs last month and thought about posting a 6 or 7 day hike of the LHHT. I am a hike leader of the DC backpackers meet up group and was thinking about posting this trail on the website. Would you be interested in going if I posted it? I was thinking in March or April.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    Funny you should say something about this, I was staying at Seven Springs last month and thought about posting a 6 or 7 day hike of the LHHT. I am a hike leader of the DC backpackers meet up group and was thinking about posting this trail on the website. Would you be interested in going if I posted it? I was thinking in March or April.
    Interesting I have never heard of the DC Backpackers...

Yea I am interested in going, not sure on the dates though! Speaking of which is there any particular reason for the March/April time frame? Is this a better time frame for foliage? Weather? I ask as I am not very familiar with this area and I am trying to plan my trip around the better part of the season!

My schedule is very easy, but getting time off isn't, which is the norm at most places! Only difference for me is that in order for me to get a block of time off I have to schedule it months in advance, I mean "MONTHS", as in this coming November/December for any scheduled trips next year! Then I gotta clear it through my other boss (and little bosses)!

Either way let me know of the details, and even if I can't make it to your hike I (we) would greatly appreciate any help or advise you can offer about the LHHT.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite, BMBH UL
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Images
    http://www.meetup.com/dc-backpackers/

A diverse group of people who love the outdoors! There are a couple of hangers in the group, but I think there may be more converts to come

The reason I am thinking of spring is because I, too, have a job that requires advance notice (I am a nurse and my schedule requests for December are going in next week).

Also, the spring is the time of year between ski season and LaCrosse. We are avid skiers and our teens' LAX teams consume our time from April to June. The summer is hot and muggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    http://www.meetup.com/dc-backpackers/

A diverse group of people who love the outdoors! There are a couple of hangers in the group, but I think there may be more converts to come

The reason I am thinking of spring is because I, too, have a job that requires advance notice (I am a nurse and my schedule requests for December are going in next week).

Also, the spring is the time of year between ski season and LaCrosse. We are avid skiers and our teens' LAX teams consume our time from April to June. The summer is hot and muggy.
    Sorry didn't see this till today-------

Very interesting site, looks like it works very well for those in that area!

Spring was a thought of mine as well, also Fall was a possibility, and a friend suggested that Fall may be the better time to go as the Fall foliage is awesome and less bugs (or possibly less )!

But I am still interested in a Spring time hike as well, I could possibly go twice ??????? Or depending on the others whom have shown interest and their availability as well....

Great ideas everyone, this would be an awesome adventure if we could get a large group of HF'ers together, basically a hike 'n' hang event!?!?!?
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'm in. I vote for 9 days. That way if we are doing a resupply is we can do a nero or zero. 110-11 mile days make for plenty of in camp time. Whatever days it is just let me know. I only have the NCT 100 miles in 50 hours ( signing up for 50 in 50) in the month of June. It would be nice to see some more of 2013 filled in with planned trips. See ya at MAHHA!
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Tents View Post
    I'm in. I vote for 9 days. That way if we are doing a resupply is we can do a nero or zero. 110-11 mile days make for plenty of in camp time. Whatever days it is just let me know. I only have the NCT 100 miles in 50 hours ( signing up for 50 in 50) in the month of June. It would be nice to see some more of 2013 filled in with planned trips. See ya at MAHHA!
    It would be great to have you along!

I'm a little confused though all the research I have done it only seem s like the trail at best is 78-80 miles long if there are detours, and 70-74 if there are none! So what resource did you get the 110 miles from?

Don't get me wrong if it's more miles then thats great = more trail hiking time

But then this also must be included in the planning, scheduling time off, and much more.

Looking forward to see you at Mahha as well sir!

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Looks like some great discussion at MAHHA. Make sure I'm there!
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    Looks like some great discussion at MAHHA. Make sure I'm there!
    This is a great point, thank you HC.....

To all that are attending Mahha and are interested in this hike, I will be bringing all the info that I have and would kindly ask the same of you so we all can look at it! I welcome all/any suggestions (even if you aren't going)!

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite, BMBH UL
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Images
    How about 8 days in late November? This hike is 70 miles, and from the elevation profile looks fairly easy, by backpacking standards the section I day hiked this summer was super easy, but it was only 6 miles....

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast