Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    UGQ CUSTOM HANGER
    Insulation
    UGQ Ambush
    Suspension
    DUTCH CB/CUSTOM
    I have been waiting on a return call from Adam to get the address for return and order my new quilt. I was happy to put it up for sale and do what I needed to move ahead but he said he would take it back and make me a new one. I just received my WBBXLC today,I ordered it in 1.1 dbl layer because I liked the brown. At this point I am thinking the argon brown will not match well so better do contrast and go with a black exterior and maybe the brown inside.

Oruacat2,And yes we all stand around and admire each others gear and then sit around camp and say why would someone put those colors together, HA! you know when you see those setups that are classy and just all blend together and look PRO, well that's my stuff I cant stand the Flea Market look.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    UGQ CUSTOM HANGER
    Insulation
    UGQ Ambush
    Suspension
    DUTCH CB/CUSTOM
    Got my new quilt , color is great. I have a tote I keep the quilt in and the previous one I returned would lift the lid off of the tote with the loft, I would stack something on it to keep the lid on. I took the new quilt out and imediately noticed it felt skimpy and didn’t loft near as aggressively as the last quilt and doesn’t even come up to the lid in my storage tote. So ok time to weigh it, 2 different scales say 20 oz. What does a incubator 20 with one oz of over stuff weigh?

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonRafter View Post
    Got my new quilt , color is great. I have a tote I keep the quilt in and the previous one I returned would lift the lid off of the tote with the loft, I would stack something on it to keep the lid on. I took the new quilt out and imediately noticed it felt skimpy and didn’t loft near as aggressively as the last quilt and doesn’t even come up to the lid in my storage tote. So ok time to weigh it, 2 different scales say 20 oz. What does a incubator 20 with one oz of over stuff weigh?
    Standard Length Incubator 20˚ should be 22oz. With 1 oz overstuff, it should technically be 23oz.

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    Standard Length Incubator 20˚ should be 22oz. With 1 oz overstuff, it should technically be 23oz.
    Does that weight account for the new Argon fabric that Hammock Gear now uses on their quilts? Perhaps the quilt specs on the web site haven't been updated since this change.

Cheers

Brian
    Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment. - Unknown

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWillan View Post
    Does that weight account for the new Argon fabric that Hammock Gear now uses on their quilts? Perhaps the quilt specs on the web site haven't been updated since this change.

Cheers

Brian
    That might be true. I just posted what the specs on the site said.

Best to contact the vendor and verify.

OR - no worries, mate.
    I just had to laugh because the whole discussion reminds me of my time on a pretty popular knife forum full of self-described rugged individualist/outdoors types. Some of them OBSESS over the color combinations of their knives - the blades have to match the handles/scales or there's a full-fledged meltdown. Meanwhile, I'm thinking - "I just want my knife to cut stuff and not break in my hand." Your posts were a great big fat deja-vu. lol

I just bought a Burrow TQ from another forum and it arrived today. I can't even tell you what this color is - kind of a brownish-orange? I'll have to look it up.
    I just hope it keeps me warm!

Happy hanging!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    UGQ CUSTOM HANGER
    Insulation
    UGQ Ambush
    Suspension
    DUTCH CB/CUSTOM
    Ya tried mine out, it is warm so as long as I don't freeze I am good. I know that thing fits a Hennessy and a WBBB XLC great. Hardly any fiddle factor goes right where its supposed to and doesn't move.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Tied to respond twice to this post. Then just decided it just wasn't worth it.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    DH DangerBird
    Tarp
    Zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Tree straps w/MSH
    I've experienced this sort of thing with Hammock Gear in the past. I ordered an under quilt in the older rip stop fabric and was sent an argon green UQ instead...no explanation included.

I almost stabbed myself good on a long straight pin that was forgotten somewhere inside the quilt too. Another UQ was missing the draw cord at the bottom and with another HG TQ the draw cord at the bottom pulled out on the very first careful use.

IMO, there's really no excuse for messing up orders like this. It's not rocket science after all. You make the quilt exactly as ordered and if you don't have the materials you email your customer and ask them what they want you to do about their order.

I see lots of excuses being made for HG on the forums. I just believe that if I'm spending hundreds of dollars on gear that I deserve to be sent what I ordered and to have my emails answered professionally within 48 hours at the very most. I don't want to have to try Adam on the phone repeatedly...that's not my job to track him down.

Other cottage manufacturers have always responded quickly to emails and sent me exactly what I ordered. It doesn't make me feel great about giving money to a company that has so little respect for its customers that they often don't respond to their emails and often send items in different colors than what was ordered with no explanation.

It makes me feel even worse to see their blank terms of service page where other companies offer warranties of a year or more. If a company makes good gear and treats their customers right why would they have no warranty at all?
    ------------------------------------
    It's an obsession but it's pleasin'

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    UGQ CUSTOM HANGER
    Insulation
    UGQ Ambush
    Suspension
    DUTCH CB/CUSTOM
    I guess for every ounce you are light it is this much down

loft_power_bgrnd.jpeg