Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Almost here?

I was in an outdoor Pin Match (shooting bowling pins) yesterday. By the time I got home, I could barely walk because my feet were so cold. Lesson learned about appropriate footwear, but in my book, winter is already here.

So what am I doing different this year....I'm getting new boots!
    I forgot my "sarcasm emoticon" after "almost here"!

However, despite that minus 19 and 31" snow depth at Hobb's Park, WY, it still will not be OFFICIALLY winter untill Dec 22nd! So look out hangers, after 12/22 it might get real cold!
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 12-05-2011 at 13:14.

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    well, at the moment, i am bombarded with ladybugsand stink bugs. its almost 70 here, but cloudy....

wish we had a real winter......
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    ...However, despite that minus 19 and 31" snow depth at Hobb's Park, WY, it still will not be OFFICIALLY winter untill Dec 22nd! So look out hangers, after 12/22 it might get real cold!
    BillyBob, are you looking to be hanging in WY anytime soon? Brings back memories of experience out there several decades ago. Look forward to hearing about how that goes for you.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    BB 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    I'd rather deal with skeeters That's got to be brutal!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Skipper View Post
    BillyBob, are you looking to be hanging in WY anytime soon? Brings back memories of experience out there several decades ago. Look forward to hearing about how that goes for you.
    MMMMM, maybe not! They ( the Wyoming mountains) pushed me hard enough when I had my 24*F plus 1+ foot of snow up there on June 27, 1985. Or a 15F night 1st week of September a few years later, etc etc. Or, as a hanger, my 1st ever night in a hammock at 22F 1st week of September about 2006. Froze my arse off. Woke up shivering violently bout 0200. But I had no idea what I was doing hammock wise. But all of that has challenged me enough without actually going in the winter!

Quote Originally Posted by deerfu39 View Post
    The only good thing about that June 27th 24*F snowy night during which my boots froze solid, was watching the tormenting skeeters die a cold death. I could see their little evil black bodies on the white snow, kicking their last kicks. YAY!
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 12-05-2011 at 22:18.

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    12' Winter Shelter
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Quote Originally Posted by deerfu39 View Post
    Funny you should say that. We have had a lot of conversations around here where people state that they actually prefer winter camping. You don't have to worry about mosquitoes, bears, snakes, spiders, or even chipmunks.

Your living in a freezer so keeping cold foods is not an issue and even washing mess kits is optional.

Packing is actually a lot simpler too. You know it will be cold so you only have to pack your cold weather gear. During the shoulder seasons (and summer for that matter), you have to be ready for anything from shorts to snow pants.

All in the way you look at it, I guess. I figure in the cold, I can always add layers, but there is just so much you can take off in extremely hot weather (you know when it gets above 80* ).
    We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin
    (known as a win-win on this forum)

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12