Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7dbl,Dangerbird 65
    Tarp
    Speer WinterTarp
    Insulation
    UGQ,JRB,MM
    Suspension
    WB, Whoopie Slings
    Ugh...sorry the above post is not related to Arrowhead just a warm heads up to Cataraftgirl.

These Kick *** Quilts look fabulous...I sure would love to try one...it is super hard to draw the line when buying gear and since there are like a dozen superb companies/people on here who make exceptional gear and put MEC and the likes to shame...well my wallets never seen such use

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
    Ugh...sorry the above post is not related to Arrowhead just a warm heads up to Cataraftgirl.
    No sweat Bunk..here, let's see if we can rescue it;

Paul is developing a Flame Thrower down TQ and I am waiting for it to be added to the pool of fine cottage products offered on HF. The TQ is where I am almost certain down will be the choice. Decisins, decisions, decisions...WB has a long wide option (good for us full figured fellas ) but others will be considered as well. Yet more stuff to research and long for...wallet indeed!

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7dbl,Dangerbird 65
    Tarp
    Speer WinterTarp
    Insulation
    UGQ,JRB,MM
    Suspension
    WB, Whoopie Slings
    I have experience with only Hammock Gear and JRB as far as top quilts go but I must say my JRB Katahdin is a really nice quilt and so far it appears to be the best quilt on the market for larger campers or if your trying to double up with someone or your dog. I'm looking forward to seeing what Paul comes out with for a TQ...his Flame Thrower down UQ looks gorgeous...I really like the red color too!!!

Hammock
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
    I have experience with only Hammock Gear and JRB as far as top quilts go but I must say my JRB Katahdin is a really nice quilt and so far it appears to be the best quilt on the market for larger campers or if your trying to double up with someone or your dog. I'm looking forward to seeing what Paul comes out with for a TQ...his Flame Thrower down UQ looks gorgeous...I really like the red color too!!!
    Dang, that's one HUGE TQ! Right now a regular (long) North Face 20 degree Primaloft mummy is working quite well. I'd guess that just about any TQ offered would fit. I'm just lusting after a down TQ really as the NF will function more than well enough in the hammock and on the ground as well.
    Last edited by Law Dawg (ret); 01-29-2011 at 15:09.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Hey Law Dawg,
    How are the knees? Mine is coming along very slowly. Back to work now, so less time to browse for new hammock stuff. But I think I'm pretty much set now. 2 hammocks (Trek Light & Traveler), 2 OES tarps, and the 3 Season Incubator & Burrow. Bunk is right on, the Burrow is really warm and so light weight. But, so far it's only been tested on my couch. Still too cold and snowy for outdoor tests yet. I have a river permit for Desolation Canyon end of April, and that's the goal I'm shooting for with my knee. My Doc says it's doable, my PT thinks it will be too soon. I'm out to prove her wrong..... plus my river partner says I'm going, even if he has to lash me to his raft. I'm picturing the river camps in my head, and the trees I can hang my hammock from.
    KJ

Hammock
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Healing slower than I like but there is progress. It is so very good for us gimps to set performance goals...sure beats laying on the couch feling sorry for ourselves eh? I am looking toward the Sawtooth hang with Paul and crew. Got some pals in Washington and Oregon that will require I stop in for a visit either before or after too. It will require some motorcycle endurance as that is how I travel solo (year around).

Desolation Canyon in April, just keep the knee warm and push off (on your own craft)!

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Suspension
    NCAA

lost river

I have a lost river on the way. hope its awesome

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by taylo166 View Post
    I have a lost river on the way. hope its awesome
    ===> I just ordered a Lost River UQ, as well, to match-up with the WBBB 1.1 Dble that I also just ordered. Will probably be able to finagle it on my HH Exped, too, but if that becomes a real need, I will just order a Potomac for the HH.

Can't wait to get them both! Will be using a HH Hex tarp, which seem to me to be the perfect cut and dimensions so far. Been through two torrential downpours with it, and it held-up just fine - never got wet.
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Hammock
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Update;

The NR DWU turned out to take up too much room in the moto paniers...not surprising as this is a mondo warm UQ (with the DWU extra insulation). My plan was to cycle it into our cage (car) camp kit and the original hope was my bride would find it warm enough. Last night we set up on Western Divide Hwy (near the Trail of 100 Giants) from the cage. Judy was in the WBBB with the NR DWU and a HG Burrow TQ. It was below 50 degrees last night and she said the NR felt as nice as an electric blanket to her. Mission accomplished on more than one front...first Judy liked the hammock and second she was comfortable with the ubber insulation (momma needs to be warm). Said she actually slept warmer than in our tent. Very pleased with this UQ for cage camp.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234