Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

semi-rectangular bags?

Heya folks,

I'm currently searching for a semi-rectangular synthetic sleeping bag thats packable and affordable ($150ish). I can't do mummy bags...I'm a big guy and i gotta be able to move around. I also wanna be able to use it as a top quilt when hanging.

I've looked at the big agnes line. They look awesome but I don't like the whole no backside insulation-gotta use a pad scenario. Yeah I'll be using a pad but I don't wanna be up a creek without a pad-dle(i know a weak attempt) if the pad springs a leak or something.

I've been seriously eyeing the Eureka dual temp bags. They seem pretty versatile-could easily use as top quilt, priced right, good reviews for the most part, and its a brand that's pretty trust worthy ... http://store.eurekatent.com/category/460798/Hybrid

anyone of you guys have experience with this bag?

EDIT: I moved this thread...accidentally posted it in the wrong section. noticed spaceweaseal had posted in it after the fact and it was deleted along with the OP...Go-Lite's bags ( http://www.golite.com/RS-3-Season-Va...ular-P869.aspx ) which i had totally overlooked. THANKS MAN!!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Hammock
    DIY DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    /cry ...the go-lites are currently out of stock. hmmmm.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by toygun View Post
    /cry ...the go-lites are currently out of stock. hmmmm.
    Man I did not even notice that they where out of stock.
    I have a couple of them and they are excellent bags..

Hammock
    DIY DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceweaseal View Post
    Man I did not even notice that they where out of stock.
    I have a couple of them and they are excellent bags..
    The info is prime and very much appreciated. I've spent 2 weeks digging and totally forgot about go-lite. The Vario SR go-lite is exactly what I'm looking for.

I sent them an email asking about restocking. Hopefully they will have some soon.
    - Albert Einstein

Hammock
    DIY DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Hmmm... back to square one.... this was Brian's reply (crazy fast reply too):

"Unfortunately, we have discontinued our RS (Recycled Synthetic) series due to a general lack of interest, though mostly under our older “wholesale” business model. If customer inquiry persists, we will re-consider that position during the Spring season design processes. The Spring 13 lines are mostly finalized, so the earliest possibility would be Spring 14. This Spring, we will be producing a 40F semi-rectangular 650 fill down bag as a replacement. I apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your interest. "

I will def be on the look out for the new bag coming in spring 14. I'll prob be needing an upgrade by then anyways.

So anyone with info on the eureka dualtemps?
    - Albert Einstein

Hammock
    DIY DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    update:

http://marmot.com/products/mavericks_20_semi_rec
    I went with the Marmot Mavericks- 20. I found a really good deal for a LH long version @ Sunny Sports ($69.95 shipped) http://www.sunnysports.com/Catalog.a...%20maver&Hit=1

It's gonna be a temp bag until i can save up for a real TQ & UQ. Good side is its Marmot, packable, and blue.
    - Albert Einstein

• + New Posts