Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Hatteras Expeditioner
    Tarp
    DIY Mr. Possum
    Suspension
    climbing rope/para
    I just called customer service to check if they had made a correction or not. I was told they are updating the dimensions now and to check back in the morning for a possible price reduction.

Hammock
    DangerBird 72, GT Double, SBP, UL
    Tarp
    Kelty & Chinook
    Insulation
    AHE TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    I danced with their CS via e-mail a few times over the last three days. They initially offered a return label and refund or a $5 coupon if I kept the "pseudo" 12x12 and 16x16 tarps I had ordered. I told them all I needed was a couple of tubes of their Coghlan's Seam Sealer (@ $4.02 a tube) and I'd be satisfied - no coupons or anything else. They declined that request.

Enough was enough. In my final correspondence to them yesterday, I told them to keep their return labels, keep their coupons, take me off their e-mail and postal mailing lists, delete my Buyer's Club account and any other personal information, and lastly, as a courtesy to other potential buyers, to please update their website to show correct information on these tarps.

I related a few more things about earning and losing a buyer's trust (in a nice way) that I won't repeat here. So, for me, end of story on this fiasco.

Now on to better things like getting out in the woods and enjoying the beautiful weather we've been having. ;>)

Curt
    <a href="http://www.curtmoorephotos.com/new-window.php" target="_blank">Curt's Photos</a>
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/scubacat217?feature=mhee/new-window.php" target="_blank">Curt's YouTube Channel</a>

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide &amp; Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky &amp; GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeEm View Post
    Great, by the time I get my non 12x12 the 16x16's will be gone! Grrrrr
    +1 on what Mtndragon said about getting that ball rolling....before they close today.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    GoLiteTQ/3SPhoenix
    Suspension
    DG whoopies + MSH
    Images
    Surely they'll be getting some 16x16's returned back to them, too, right? If they are out of stock, you may ask to be put on a list for those...

Hammock
    1.9 DL Switchback
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    Underground Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps n Rings
    scottpash - it seems you got one of the better offers. I wasn't offered free shipping but plan to try again tomorrow. Do you have anything that I (or anyone else) could use to reference the agreement you made such as order number or the name of the person that authorized it or anything else that could be used to link to it?

Thank you in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by scottpash View Post
    $10 off next order

keeping this one ordered 16x16 with free shipping and $10 off

I think that is acceptable

I just hope the small one will cover my Eno Double for summer and the so called 16x16 for fall and winter

(fingers crossed)

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    i just signed up for membership for Sportsmans gear to order the tarp and get
    2 coupons, maybe I just talked to the right CS rep and he agreed that they would rather give me the Free shipping and let me use a $10.00 coupon that I had coming to me for just joing the Club than to return my membership fee and have me return the tarp at thier expense
    "HANGING OUT" has taken on a whole NEW MEANING

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    Wow what a cluster mess. I'm sorry you guys had to go through all this because of what I found. On a side note bushcraft USA has a 10x10 (square) 70D 1.9 oz ripstop nylon Urethane coating Stuff sack included Tabs: 16 perimeter and 3 ridge line Weight(includes stuff sack): 1 lb, 13.75 oz for 60 bucks. Captain smiley had one at the spring swing this passed weekend and it looks sweet covering his gt skeeter beeter pro.
    Life looks better from a BIAS hammock.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down &amp; IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    well this saga is up to 347 posts and it's still no where near ending. I'm soooo disapointed about all this and I've not even received my tarps yet. And yes, I ordered 2 of them, one in each size as soon as I read on here that they were in stock. I was really looking forward to having these in green as I already own 3 of the white ones. So I already knew what I was gonna be getting, only in green. Shoot, I'd already gotten a buyer for one of my white ones. The white ones are really nice, I use them all the time on scout camping trips to cover gear with. So after reading all the problems here, I called Bargain Outfitters (they answer the phone saying it's Sportsmans guide) and proceed to tell them that I haven't gotten my tarps yet but that many of my friends have gotten theirs and they are not what I ordered. She (I forgot to write her name down) puts me on hold..... comes back later and tells me that they have the wrong info on these tarps and she will send me a UPS label to return it. Ok, so that's great!!??
    Mine are supposed to arrive Friday and I'm gonna take out the 16x16 and hang it over my blackbird and see how much it covers. My white Guide Gear tarps can be hung up in any configuation and my BB is covered. I'm gonna see how this new one does before I return it. Or decide if I want to keep it. Now the smaller 12x12 (really 8 something) is just to small and it's going back. I just checked their web site, nothing's changed. Still listed just like the white ones, only with the color green instead. I hope they drop the price of their listed 16x16.

Hammock
    BB 1.1 &amp; 1.7
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies &amp; straps
    Quote Originally Posted by TinaLouise View Post
    well this saga is up to 347 posts and it's still no where near ending. I'm soooo disapointed about all this and I've not even received my tarps yet. And yes, I ordered 2 of them, one in each size as soon as I read on here that they were in stock. I was really looking forward to having these in green as I already own 3 of the white ones. So I already knew what I was gonna be getting, only in green. Shoot, I'd already gotten a buyer for one of my white ones. The white ones are really nice, I use them all the time on scout camping trips to cover gear with. So after reading all the problems here, I called Bargain Outfitters (they answer the phone saying it's Sportsmans guide) and proceed to tell them that I haven't gotten my tarps yet but that many of my friends have gotten theirs and they are not what I ordered. She (I forgot to write her name down) puts me on hold..... comes back later and tells me that they have the wrong info on these tarps and she will send me a UPS label to return it. Ok, so that's great!!??
    Mine are supposed to arrive Friday and I'm gonna take out the 16x16 and hang it over my blackbird and see how much it covers. My white Guide Gear tarps can be hung up in any configuation and my BB is covered. I'm gonna see how this new one does before I return it. Or decide if I want to keep it. Now the smaller 12x12 (really 8 something) is just to small and it's going back. I just checked their web site, nothing's changed. Still listed just like the white ones, only with the color green instead. I hope they drop the price of their listed 16x16.
    What a freakin' fiasco it must be over there! I was offered the $5 deal and told the info on the tarps was correct. They should at least get the cs reps on the same script. After much wailing and gnashing of teeth. I received the $10 any any other purchase deal, free shipping on the "true" 12 footer and a return shipping label. I guess it too hard to admit a mistake and make the customer happy with out a big ordeal.

Hammock
    BB 1.1 &amp; 1.7
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies &amp; straps
    Almost forgot, when I complained about the measurements being untrue and was educated by the cs rep (I think her name was Brittiany) I also expressed my concern about the "falsely advertised factory taped seems" . I was told and I quote:" Sir, I'm looking at the description of the item you purchased right now and that info is not on there". This is what I copied from the ad:
    Performance details:

Constructed of tough 190T nylon
    1,000 mm polyurethane water coating
    Factory-taped seams ensure waterproof protection
    Multiple guy-out points
    Guy lines included.

• + New Posts
  • Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast