Tarp
    OES Spinn Deluxe
    Insulation
    REI Lite-Core 1.0
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RAW View Post
    carabiner and straps with cinch-buckles is fine. That's what I had before this setup. But for adding the structural ridgeline to the Clark . . . this seemed like the tidiest, most convenient way to achieve it.

Both of these methods are much easier to make adjustments to than the stock Clark rope and tree hugger setup, IMO.

I bought the SMC rings from backcountrygear
    And the green Amsteel blue line came from APS.
    The rest was just a matter of knowing some knots.
    Thanx for the info raw, I'll be looking into this style of conversion. One question tho, What is the length of the rope you purchased? I cannot find the length on their website, only a quantity.
    Last edited by gRaFFiX; 03-23-2009 at 00:50.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    Straps dutch-clips
    Quote Originally Posted by Graffix_Skull View Post
    Thanx for the info raw, I'll be looking into this style of conversion. One question tho, What is the length of the rope you purchased? I cannot find the length on their website, only a quantity.
    I bought 40 ft. And that covered my suspension ropes, my ridge line, a second ridgeline for my wife's ENO, and about 5-6ft. extra.
    APS sells by the foot, so when you enter quantity . . . you're entering length in feet.

Hammock
    Blackbird - Dbl. 1.1
    Tarp
    OES Spinn Deluxe
    Insulation
    REI Lite-Core 1.0
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies
    Images
    Perfect... that helps alot. Thanx so much again

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie, biner
    Images
    I need something like this. I fear the NA is going to suffocate me in my sleep

Maybe I'm doing something wrong... definitely wouldnt be a first

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    very nice...

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    Straps dutch-clips
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahgirl View Post

Sounds like your setup needs some tweaking! You'll get the hang of it.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    my first "out in the big woods" camping trip, I woke up with the netting/weathershield more or less laying on me. As I camp more and set it up more, the netting is looking better and better. Last weekend's trip, I woke up (slept from 10:30pm - 7am) and the netting was where it was supposed to be!!!! My clark is still in it's "original" form though I have taken the tarp off of it.

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images

don't feel that way you will get the hang of it very soon one thing I look at when tying the tarp up is when i set down in the hammock what are the bungee doing. after I have sat down in the hammock I grab the hammock where the bungee are and pull if i have about 2-3 inches of stretch to them I feel like that is a good hang. Once you have done this a dozen times or so you will be able to just look at it and a tree and figure out just how high each piece needs to be. Tying out the tarp can be just important as the hammock as far as height goes. Make sure each end of the tarp is pulled tight because if it is loose it will allow the hammock to fall in on itself or you. If your hammock is setting at the right level under tarp when you lay down you should still have some slack in the bungee's. if it is setup to loosely it will allow it to collapse into the hammock and you.

If you have some trees or a close line pole and a tree which is what I use try to set up at home. But of course if you don't then it's just a reason to get out of house and enjoy the outofdoors.

I also think that before one should start doing mod's to there equipment that it should first be done the way it was designed and get that right. Once that is accomplished then you could start making mod's to it. I teach TECHNICAL DIVING and that is just how I train divers. Mod's are and some times a great thing and some times our Mod's make the equipment even better but one should know who it's suppose to work before you start changing things around.

I am sure I am going to get some backlash on that statement but if the manufacture of said product didn't design the hammock the way it was suppose to be then all the R/D would be just a waste of time.

just my 2cents worth.

Don't give up the game just yet.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie, biner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TinaLouise View Post
    my first "out in the big woods" camping trip, I woke up with the netting/weathershield more or less laying on me. As I camp more and set it up more, the netting is looking better and better. Last weekend's trip, I woke up (slept from 10:30pm - 7am) and the netting was where it was supposed to be!!!! My clark is still in it's "original" form though I have taken the tarp off of it.
    lol! That's encouraging.
    I hung again last night and it was much more comfortable. Low was 37 and windy. I used my thermarest this time, and I actually think I prefer the thermarest to nothing...go figure. I thought I would be wrestling with it all night and I wasnt.

But yeah not to get off the subject I need some sort of ridgeline...

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie, biner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver2 View Post
    don't feel that way you will get the hang of it very soon one thing I look at when tying the tarp up is when i set down in the hammock what are the bungee doing. after I have sat down in the hammock I grab the hammock where the bungee are and pull if i have about 2-3 inches of stretch to them I feel like that is a good hang. Once you have done this a dozen times or so you will be able to just look at it and a tree and figure out just how high each piece needs to be. Tying out the tarp can be just important as the hammock as far as height goes. Make sure each end of the tarp is pulled tight because if it is loose it will allow the hammock to fall in on itself or you. If your hammock is setting at the right level under tarp when you lay down you should still have some slack in the bungee's. if it is setup to loosely it will allow it to collapse into the hammock and you.

If you have some trees or a close line pole and a tree which is what I use try to set up at home. But of course if you don't then it's just a reason to get out of house and enjoy the outofdoors.

I also think that before one should start doing mod's to there equipment that it should first be done the way it was designed and get that right. Once that is accomplished then you could start making mod's to it. I teach TECHNICAL DIVING and that is just how I train divers. Mod's are and some times a great thing and some times our Mod's make the equipment even better but one should know who it's suppose to work before you start changing things around.

I am sure I am going to get some backlash on that statement but if the manufacture of said product didn't design the hammock the way it was suppose to be then all the R/D would be just a waste of time.

just my 2cents worth.

Don't give up the game just yet.
    Thanks for the advice. I will pay particular attention to the bungees this weekend when I set it up again. I'm definitely not going back to the ground. Just gotta find out what works for me. I'm definitely going to keep the manuf. rope.... There's soooo many good ideas on this forum that it's tempting to try them

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast