All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    I live in SC, Im more of a 40 degrees to about 28 degrees at the lowest haha. so I just can get the tyvek for free from my uncle and I wanted to try this idea out. i was going to see if the experts could figure out the best design. im loving what im reading from gringo and gargoyle! keep it coming
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    DIY insulated
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben hex
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Amsteel
    We have used a well used tyvek tarp as a "blanket" over 2 guys in a tent when the temps dropped much lower than we expected (I think it was mid 20s to 30s F)

It really helped keep us warm, and we did not have noticeable condensation.

YMMV

I have to say that the more you break it in, the better it should work.

good luck with the project

Hammock
    DIY R2B3 (Black Bear Burrito) + HUG
    Tarp
    Noah12, Mambajamba
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie + straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    I live in SC, Im more of a 40 degrees to about 28 degrees at the lowest haha. so I just can get the tyvek for free from my uncle and I wanted to try this idea out. i was going to see if the experts could figure out the best design. im loving what im reading from gringo and gargoyle! keep it coming
    No pictures, it didn't happen, yeah I know. Didn't have the camera with me, but I did a trial with some cord and a 10x9 sheet of Tyvek. Duplicated a gathered end hammock, but REALLY wide. Slipped overtop of my DIY hammock (102" ridge line, and loosely secured over amsteel suspension.

Final result, the thing swallowed me up whole, but did stretch over the hammock quite well. If I had the width down to about 7 foot rather than 9, would have been good for a loose top sock.... didn't want to cut it as I use for a tarp. With a couple ties halfway to the head side, and a small spreader around face side, should work quite well. It was about 65 degrees, windy, but couldn't tell.

This weekend I'll try to reproduce with photos.
    .... the Aardvark (earth pig)... a rather unremarkable creature whose sole claim to fame is that it is the first animal listed in the dictionary.
    Rob

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
    No pictures, it didn't happen, yeah I know. Didn't have the camera with me, but I did a trial with some cord and a 10x9 sheet of Tyvek. Duplicated a gathered end hammock, but REALLY wide. Slipped overtop of my DIY hammock (102" ridge line, and loosely secured over amsteel suspension.

Final result, the thing swallowed me up whole, but did stretch over the hammock quite well. If I had the width down to about 7 foot rather than 9, would have been good for a loose top sock.... didn't want to cut it as I use for a tarp. With a couple ties halfway to the head side, and a small spreader around face side, should work quite well. It was about 65 degrees, windy, but couldn't tell.

This weekend I'll try to reproduce with photos.
    sounds aweasome man. cant wait to see some photos, I appreciate it
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Speers Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Therm4 / Montbell
    Images
    I use Tyvek as a under side weather shield and works great! And keeps wind from coming up underneath.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12