HH Hyperlite, BMBH UL
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Images
    I just took the plunge for a 4 door cuben from Hammock Gear, so hopefully that will help cut down on the chills from drafts.

I have slept in the 30's with a pad, woolens, and down jacket, but i just find it hard to keep from shifting all night off the pad. I bought the Incubator but didn't get it until June, so it's been too hot to use it yet!

I'm thinking I will eventually get a summer 3/4 UQ and can layer that with the incubator, but now that I just dropped all the $ for the tarp, I need to make due with the pad and UQ .

Hammock
    Many
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    I just took the plunge for a 4 door cuben from Hammock Gear, so hopefully that will help cut down on the chills from drafts.

I have slept in the 30's with a pad, woolens, and down jacket, but i just find it hard to keep from shifting all night off the pad. I bought the Incubator but didn't get it until June, so it's been too hot to use it yet!

I'm thinking I will eventually get a summer 3/4 UQ and can layer that with the incubator, but now that I just dropped all the $ for the tarp, I need to make due with the pad and UQ .
    You might save the funds for the summer UQ and just get a Evazote Torso Pad for 12 bucks. At 26X49 inches and 1/4 inch thick, it should make that 20 degree Incubator get you into the single digits. It also serves as a sit pad, kneel pad and food prep surface. I use one of those alone to get me into the mid 50's during warmer months and carry it with me as a booster for my other insulation along with the other functions. At 4.3 ounces, it's a pretty good bet. If you need more than that, just crawl into your bag instead of using it in TQ mode. That should buy you another 10-20 degrees underneath as well. You can even put the pad between the Incubator and the hammock if you prefer.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    is your hammock a double layer?

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images

....and practice

Practice setting up taking that wondrous cuben jewel from HG to the ground on all sides. This will give you the tent effect and add another 10-15 degrees. Yes it will often be a low setup but after the sides are close to the ground you can push up duff/leaves to seal the gap if any and be surprise how warm it can be.

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Comet_Seeker View Post
    is your hammock a double layer?
    This is a key question. Many of the issues people have with pads can be solved, or at least mitigated with a DL hammock.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images

You got a sweet setup! I think you'll be fine. I might suggest some down booties. My feet get cold quickly hanging around and booties warm them up quickly when I get in my hammock. While you are at it get a few of the large chemical heat packs. You know the 12 hour kind with adhesive. I dont use them but my wife and my dog swear by them

S

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite, BMBH UL
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Images
    Wow! I've been away a few days and look at all the advice! Thanks guys.

I have a single layer Hennessy Hyperlite. I have looked at JRB down sleeves, would they work as double duty slippers?

I am super excited about the 4-door cuben. I am really trying to come to the MAHHA hang but have a wedding to go to

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ quilts
    Suspension
    Web
    So I can supplement my uq with a pad for lower temperature ratings, but I will still need lots of clothing and possibly ccf wings to keep my upper body warm?...
    Yes, you may want to wear your JRB sleeves and get the down booties too.
    "In your face space coyote"-HJS

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12