WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE!

What does your HF Screen-name mean?

The best way I can describe my name is by how I feel about my outdoorsman experience.
    I grew up in northern WI and so have have hunted and fished my entire life without putting much thought into it. Now that I am older (27) and more patient I tend to research the crap out of everything I do and buy.
    So at one point in my life I was perfectly comfortable doing all of my outdoor activities without much thought. Now I read all of the "right" ways of doing things such as patterning deer, targeting certain species of fish, buying a certain rod and reel for each species and water type, buying better gear because of reviews, and traveling further distances to target certain game. With all of this new gear and new knowledge I actually feel more awkward as a "sportsman" because I am always questioning my gear, position, and decision making.

I'm not sure if that makes sense to anyone. It's hard to explain a feeling like that I guess.

My screen-name is my initials and the year I was born backwards.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Maccat/gheto diy
    Insulation
    pads/PLUQ
    Suspension
    diy straps

What does your HF Screen-name mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Awkward Sportsman View Post
    The best way I can describe my name is by how I feel about my outdoorsman experience.
    I grew up in northern WI and so have have hunted and fished my entire life without putting much thought into it. Now that I am older (27) and more patient I tend to research the crap out of everything I do and buy.
    So at one point in my life I was perfectly comfortable doing all of my outdoor activities without much thought. Now I read all of the "right" ways of doing things such as patterning deer, targeting certain species of fish, buying a certain rod and reel for each species and water type, buying better gear because of reviews, and traveling further distances to target certain game. With all of this new gear and new knowledge I actually feel more awkward as a "sportsman" because I am always questioning my gear, position, and decision making.

I'm not sure if that makes sense to anyone. It's hard to explain a feeling like that I guess.
    You don't even know how much sense it makes

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.1 dbl layer
    Tarp
    Mamajamba w/pulls
    Insulation
    UQ 20*/TQ Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I am a Professional Photographer.

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC BlackBird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    White Cloud, Zeppe
    Suspension
    Whoopies marlinspi
    I'm altruistguy. I like the idea of being nice to each other -- altruism. This is kind of my life motto -- be good to others. It is an idea that I've used to build my business as well as to live my life (my business is named after the idea as well).

Eric

Hammock
    ENO double

DoubleTTCamper

I was pleasantly surprised the name was available when I typed it in.

My name is Scott and when I write my name I always cross both t's with the same line. So 'DoubleTT' just felt natural. Hanging your hammock requires two anchor points and these could be on trees, poles, or an overhead long enough. I was torn between using rancher or camper; either would have worked just fine. I decided on camper because my goal is to go hammock camping

Cheers
    DTT

Hammock
    GT Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon
    Suspension
    Web, Cinch Buckles

Aircanoe

Oh, I've always had a hammock, or hammock shaped object with me ever since I started camping, fishing, canoeing...just being outdoors in general. For many years now I have referred to my hammock as an Aircanoe, just to crack up the wife, and it kinda stuck.

Roy
    "In the woods we return to reason and faith..."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's a term of endearment from my other half, his ethnicity has very little B.O. (even his old shoes has no smell.) And well, my ethnicity.......I think you get the picture
    Last edited by Shelly O'Smelly; 09-16-2013 at 01:12.

cardinal.rose

Cardinal Rose?

Having read a goodly number of these posts, I thought to add my 2 or 3 cents to the mix. I was trying to come up with a respectable name other than using Pat, Patty or Patricia no did I want to use my last name plus first. I get so tried of being "typed", hence as I was pondering I happened to look up and saw my cat looking to pounce out the picture window at a cardinal that had landed on a nearby branch of rose my partner had planted. So the name was born of a whim.

Hammock
    wwbb 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    wb adj.webbing
    I LOVE geology...Tom

• + New Posts
  • Page 107 of 247 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast