Insulation
    HG Burrow&Incubatr
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    ENO One Link Singlenest system on sale for $150,
    CCF blue pad from Wally World $8,
    Reflective tarp on eBay $9

So about $167...

Then there was the Hacked Pack (backpack with a hammock in the air vent space) kickstarter for $130 (which should arrive in Feb 2014)
    and I really wanted one of those Nube shelter systems... but couldn't afford it (it's a rain fly, bugnet and gear hammock all in one deal)

And I just recently traded my ENO SN with my daughter for her Grand Trunk double (too much hammock for her).
    Last edited by chapmage; 09-23-2013 at 14:34.

Hammock
    Mackinac Bridge
    Tarp
    DCF
    Insulation
    Grey Goose Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I'm not going to list the $$ amount but I will say this... I have a 1999 Saturn that I drive back & forth to work and use for trips where I know I'll be driving on rough roads. I paid $900 for the car... the cost of my gear is north of that number.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma96 View Post
    About 800 for the current hammock setup I have. That is not counting the backpack and other extras.
    Thats about right for me-----but if you look at it from a different prospective, long term its cheaper than golf! ---no green fees! (and since hammocks are an overnight item, you can compare it to the cost of a hotel room each night you spend in the woods) Also, if you pay for a guided trip into the wilderness, even a few nights run into the hundreds of dollars. --------------and the more you hang, the cheaper it gets! (if you look at cost per night spent in a hammock)
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Let me put it to you in a little different perspective..If I died tomorrow,,or the wife killed me,,she could sell all my gear,,and have enough to bury my a@s! And,,she could sell all her gear too,,as I have to buy for 2 everytime almost.

Hammock
    GTSB-Pro/DIY
    Tarp
    Hen. Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    Thats about right for me-----but if you look at it from a different prospective, long term its cheaper than golf! ---no green fees! (and since hammocks are an overnight item, you can compare it to the cost of a hotel room each night you spend in the woods) Also, if you pay for a guided trip into the wilderness, even a few nights run into the hundreds of dollars. --------------and the more you hang, the cheaper it gets! (if you look at cost per night spent in a hammock)
    I like to rationalize the expense like this also. It is cheaper than many other hobbies that some of our friends have. What it gives back in terms of enjoyment is much more than the cost. Who needs a expensive therapist when you can have the woods? Who needs a gym membership when you can climb mountains with a backpack?

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Exactly!!!!! Many years ago, I asked my Grandpa if he had any advice for a young man just starting out in life. He smiled and said "enjoy it while you're young!" (excellent advice, which I have definitely followed!) So , in my book, money spent on good quality gear is money well spent---and pays large dividends ! (Investment!) Just remember, most of this stuff will last for a long time if you take care of it!)
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I don't want to know how much my stuff cost, or it may make me cry. I imagine my bank account would be much bigger without this gear, but I am much happier with it. To hang in the woods alone or with other hammockers is such a joy. That is what life is all about. I need more joy!!!
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    you can't put a price on relaxation or happiness. But if you could, my price would be in the $1,000 range.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123