Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

The Penny, The Doctor and a chickenwing on the Chatooga River

With the birth of our third child closing in quickly on us and projects around the house in dire need of completion, it was looking like this trip was going to be the last trip for a while, so I had to find a pleace that was worthy of the last trip of the Season. Did I want to paddle the Edisto or do some hiking and fishing along the Chatooga? With the Chatooga river being the backdrop setting to one of the best romantic comedies of all times, it really was a simple choice. Not only that but the Edisto River is really HOT this time of year.

With a plan in place we (me, Penny - the dog, and the "The Doctor" - a friend from church) set out for the Chatooga River. With schedules being as they are, we were not able to pin down a good weekend until the second weekend in June for the "LAST TRIP OF THE SEASON", or at least the last trip for a while with out the kids . On Friday, June 10, 2011 we loaded up the truck and started on our 2+ hour voyage.

The full report is HERE with pictures. (link fixed Thank swampfox)

Because "The Doctor" was new to hammock camping, set up was an exercise in the basics of site selection and tarp/hammock set up. Even with the tutorial, our tarps and hammocks were up in no time and we were able to start relaxing around the fire. Dinner that night was steak and potatoes, The steak was thin cut ribeye grilled satay style directly over the coals while the potatoes were boiled over the open flame of the campfire. The sound of the river and a distant thunder storm lulled us to sleep the first night.

It was a wonderful weekend.
    Last edited by chickenwing; 06-15-2011 at 21:56. Reason: repair broken link
    Check out my website www.cwhammocks.com or Find me on the YouTubes
    You can even"Like" me on facebook or follow me on Twitter @cwhammocks

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

DONATE TO THE GOAT ISLAND FIRE PIT FUND

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Chickenwing,
    I got a "Page not found" on that link to the report.

Did a search and found it here
    http://cwhammocks.com/home/chatooga

Great report and pictures.
    I do so love the sound of the running water on the Chatooga.

swampfox
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks for the heads up on the link. I hope I got it fixed. It was a great trip!! I can't wait to go back up there in the Fall (crossing fingers that the wife will let me go if I promise to take both Addison and Kryptonite)

on a side note - Addison can't wait for the next hiking trip - she wants a trail-name SO bad! Go ahead and be thinking of one that would suite her. She really wants to earn it and she knows she won't get one til she goes on a hike.

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Sounds like the finale was all that is was suppose to be. So no "romance" for Martha huh? Guess the Venom was too much for her. Besides, who wants to get soot all over them?

Looking forward to the fall hang. Let Addison know that Lila too is wanting to earn her trail name at the fall hang as well. I'm seeing that the Saturday evening campfire just might have an agenda to it.

Get your rest now. Momma is going to be needi.g some help soon. Hope all goes well.
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
    Sounds like the finale was all that is was suppose to be. So no "romance" for Martha huh? Guess the Venom was too much for her. Besides, who wants to get soot all over them?

Looking forward to the fall hang. Let Addison know that Lila too is wanting to earn her trail name at the fall hang as well. I'm seeing that the Saturday evening campfire just might have an agenda to it.

Get your rest now. Momma is going to be needi.g some help soon. Hope all goes well.
    Oh Martha got plenty of action. I boiled up some water with her on Friday night to get the water hot for the coco She worked like a charm but it is always nice to have options when you are talking stoves and it is ok to get a little sooty when you are in the woods.

OOOH Ooh a naming ceremony for the girls. I like it and when I tell Addison she will LOVE IT!!! She has mentioned wanting HER trail name several times to my wife.

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Awesome report dude! I hate it when my fishing gear malfunctions and I don't catch anything. It happens all the time. Great photos too and congratulations on the 3rd kid coming. Thanks for posting.

Fronkey

• + New Posts