Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images

Could I be the first RidgeRunner owner????

Well, except for Cannibal... he cheats!

I hung it on a cheap Home Depot hammock stand in the garage. It just barely fits - I put the small amsteel fixed loop that connects the webbing buckles to the hammock on the hooks on the stand, and it worked just about perfectly.

Having not slept in it yet, I am not quite ready to post a full review yet, but I will say that this thing feels absurdly spacious, with absolutely no shoulder squeeze, and with your head elevated just enough that you don't need a pillow. There's definitely not a lot of sideways space in the middle of the hammock if you're a fetal sleeper, but Brandon has already mentioned that. For a back sleeper, though, holy crap is this thing flat and roomy.

I've tried the JRB bridge before, and found it to be very confining, between the bug net in front of your face, and the shoulder squeeze, but the Ridgerunner feels totally different.

My Blackbird will always be my first love, but Brandon did a heck of a job on this hammock. Can't wait to try it out on an overnighter.

Wow!
    Very nice....
    Can we get a pic of it with it's net stored?

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    The best way to see the net stored is actually in the setup video on the Warbonnet website - he actually demonstrates rolling it up and everything.

Hammock
    WBBB DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    KAQ, HG
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    MM thanks for posting pics and your first impressions! Great that Brandon had hammocks ready to go for early adopters. I prefer side fetal so it may not be my be all end all hammock. Although, in the Blackbird I prefer sleeping on my back. Looking forward to testing my Ridge runner. It is very neat to support someone who listens and innovates. I own a JRB but hardly use it because it seems so confined and lacks ample built in storage. For me, the Blackbird is still my goto after 5 other hammocks. I am working on a DIY that might push it aside but still need more nights in it. The shelf and integrated bug net are very neat features my DIY doesn't have; yet....

Thanks again for the pictures and first impressions.

Andy
    Friends don't let friends sleep on the ground.

My favorite data mining thread:
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=55659

Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    The best way to see the net stored is actually in the setup video on the Warbonnet website - he actually demonstrates rolling it up and everything.
    Heck I seen the hammock in the vid as well..
    All the new vids are great..

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware bling
    I got mine today too. Took it up to a nearby open space park. It was so comfy I forgot to take pics...
    Potential is nothing without hard work.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Nice, very nice.

Until Brandon offers one to hold my dainty 275 lbs I guess I will just have to admire from the distance.

On the brite side maybe there will be a bunch of used BB's for sale and I can pick up a back up BB cheap.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1, DD Frontline
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie slings
    Hey neighbor! What are your early impressions on the poles? Does the comfort of the RR make it worth carrying the poles into the backcountry vs. just carrying a BB?

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    It's hard to say jroth - I haven't slept in it for a full night yet. However, I am the kind of person who carries a 1.5 pound knife on my pack when I go backpacking, so I am not the best person to ask about whether the weight is worth it

My bigger concern is the width of the poles when the hammock is hung, and especially the fact that it will be almost impossible to fit two of these close together, like my wife and I do with the Blackbirds.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    It's hard to say jroth - I haven't slept in it for a full night yet. However, I am the kind of person who carries a 1.5 pound knife on my pack when I go backpacking, so I am not the best person to ask about whether the weight is worth it

My bigger concern is the width of the poles when the hammock is hung, and especially the fact that it will be almost impossible to fit two of these close together, like my wife and I do with the Blackbirds.
    I know its another hammock to add to your collection, but dblhammock has a two person bridge he posted somewhere on the forums; if you want to sleep close to your loved ones.

Edit: Here's a link...

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=8900
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast