Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Images
    Me Too..I'm trying to find one at a good price that includes free shipping, that thing weighs 60 lbs.
    Talmadge
    "GroundHog"

Hammock
    HHULB
    Tarp
    Mamba Jamba
    Insulation
    Yeti & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images

Unhappy

I ordered one around 11:30 eastern that day and still no e-mail. I just checked my amazon account and it says 'Payment Pending' It's really unusual for customer service to take this long. I've had a similar experience with Walmart....they ended up giving me a $10 gift card

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joe8484 View Post
    I ordered one around 11:30 eastern that day and still no e-mail. I just checked my amazon account and it says 'Payment Pending' It's really unusual for customer service to take this long. I've had a similar experience with Walmart....they ended up giving me a $10 gift card
    Mine just says: Shipping estimate:March 5, 2009 - March 6, 2009
    Delivery estimate:March 10, 2009 - March 13, 2009

It is going to be a real hassle if they cancel after they have already shipped the extender, and I have to try returning it for a refund and trying to get them to pay for return shipping. I guess I should not have ordered that until later.

Images
    BillyBob I did exactly what you did. Ordered the stand, then on another order the extender was ordered.(within about 4 hrs of the first order). When I got the cancel e-mail I called and tried to cancel the extender, it had already been shipped and I couldn't cancel, it arrived yesterday. Contacted Amazon advised them I thought they should cut me a deal on the stand. They are listed for $129.95 with free shipping on their site now. They gave me a $15.00 promotional credit. I ordered the stand. I then opened the box that the extender came in and both of the plastic locking knobs were broken due to the way it was packed. Back on the phone with Amazon. They couldn't just send replacement knobs, they have to send the whole item out again with a return shipping label for the first one. I sure hope somebody else packs the next one.. Maybe I should just stick to using trees..
    Talmadge
    "GroundHog"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GroundHog View Post
    BillyBob I did exactly what you did. Ordered the stand, then on another order the extender was ordered.(within about 4 hrs of the first order). When I got the cancel e-mail I called and tried to cancel the extender, it had already been shipped and I couldn't cancel, it arrived yesterday. Contacted Amazon advised them I thought they should cut me a deal on the stand. They are listed for $129.95 with free shipping on their site now. They gave me a $15.00 promotional credit. I ordered the stand. I then opened the box that the extender came in and both of the plastic locking knobs were broken due to the way it was packed. Back on the phone with Amazon. They couldn't just send replacement knobs, they have to send the whole item out again with a return shipping label for the first one. I sure hope somebody else packs the next one.. Maybe I should just stick to using trees..
    Well, that is not good news. The only difference in my case was mine was all on one order, at least on my part. Though Amazon divided it up into 2 dif orders. Once again, it is clear I should have ordered the stand by itself, then it would have simply been a canceled order. But, I was not expecting trouble fom Amazon on their offer to sel the stand for $24 plus $33 shipping. I just figured someone, in this really tough economy, found themselves grossly over stocked and it was time to move the merchandise, NOW!

I'm still waiting for the e-mail from them canceling the order. Right now it just says it is supposed to ship by today. The rest has already shipped.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Maybe I should start a new thread, but here's a thought. I have always ignored the rope hammocks on Craigslist, because they're ROPE HAMMOCKS. However, I accidentally just clicked on one and what do I notice? It's sold with the stand. So, I start looking at other ones and whatta know, most come with the stand. Now some of the stands will never work with our style of hammocks, but there are several that look very similar to the Vario stand.

They are usually between $20 and $50. The one I just called about (and got) is $30 for a hammock I'll throw away, a nice looking stand, and a roof rack. I have no idea why the roof rack is part of the mix, but I'll take it.

Just a thought for those looking for a stand. Craigslist rules!
    Trust nobody!

Images
    BillyBob did you ever hear anymore about your stand order? I got the 2nd extender (with 1 broken knob) in yesterday, and the stand today. When I put it together I was able to get a span between tips of 17 feet ( 13 feet without extention). adjusted it back to 15 feet and marked the sections for easy assembly next time. TALK ABOUT HEAVY. I thought it would fit in an old army duffle bag but the some of the pipe lengths are 42 inches long, so back to the drawing board for something to keep it in. I probably need to break it down into two bags anyway, I don't really want to carry it all at one time by myself.
    Talmadge
    "GroundHog"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GroundHog View Post
    BillyBob did you ever hear anymore about your stand order? I got the 2nd extender (with 1 broken knob) in yesterday, and the stand today. When I put it together I was able to get a span between tips of 17 feet ( 13 feet without extention). adjusted it back to 15 feet and marked the sections for easy assembly next time. TALK ABOUT HEAVY. I thought it would fit in an old army duffle bag but the some of the pipe lengths are 42 inches long, so back to the drawing board for something to keep it in. I probably need to break it down into two bags anyway, I don't really want to carry it all at one time by myself.
    Yep, joined the crowd and got the shaft ( but not the stand) last night, as expected.

But I already have the extender ( Oh yeah baby! Got THAT right away!). So I was geared up for a battle about returning the extender and trying to get them to cover all of the shipping. But my wife seems pleased with the idea of the stand replacing my wooden behemoth in the back yard and not having to leave it up all of the time, so I guess I will go ahead and pay up and get the stand. I need to find the best deal either with free shipping or otherwise. I probably would get one of these alternatives that have been mentioned in this thread, but sense the extender is already here, I guess I'll just get a Vario, in a couple of weeks when I get back from a trip. I really screwed up ordering the extender before I got the Vario stand.

Has any one already found an ANOTHER excellent deal on the Vario?

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

no good deal

I also did not get mine. I just wonder why they had to wait until 2 says after it was supposed to be at my house to tell me....Lame.

I wrote and email to the effect that I was a little peeved (not really too mad but I was just looking for a discount or something) and I did not get a reply....Lame

Adam

Hammock
    2 Warbonnet BlackBird & Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SF+
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    hmmm I wonder what it would take to build this stand? I am a welder
    Where could I put my hands onna Pipe binder

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast