Thread: WBBB in SoCal?

WBBB in SoCal?

I'm trying to decide between a WBBB and another hammock. Does anyone in the southern California area (I'm between Orange County and San Diego) have a WBBB I could take a look at? I'd really appreciate being able to climb inside one before I fork over my money.

SoCal Mike

PS A special thanks to Law Dog who offered for me to try his WBBB if/when I'm in the Bakersfield area on my way up to Fresno when I visit relatives. Unfortunately, I need a hammock before I'm passing his way. But I appreciate his generosity.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Just remember that if you do get a BB and don't like it (unlikley but possible) you can sell it on this forum for almost what you paid for it and usually in less than a day.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 single, 2QZQ HH, GTUL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Yeti / Black Mamba
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Just go ahead and get a black bird. Once you spend the money, it will be gone, and you'l make more, so no worries. You will not regret it. Anybody out there ever heard of anybody else regretting having a black bird? I love mine, all the other ones I have, like the hennessy and the grand trunk, I lend out to friends that want to go camping, but the black bird, nobody sleeps in it but me. I will warn however, once you experience the quality, you will want a yeti UQ, and a TQ and a tarp. Great designs, and work from WB.
    Because you fall through the clouds if you try to lay on them, so the next best thing is a hammock.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    GoLiteTQ/LeighloUQ
    Suspension
    webbing & whoopies
    SoCalMike,

I'll be car-camping this Thursday and Friday night in Dogwood campground, very close to Lake Arrowhead. I'll bring the WBBB with me if you want to check it out.

Also, I live in Wrightwood, so if you can't make it up on Thurs or Friday, you can always come up and take it for a test drive. PM me if you're interested!

WWhermit

Quote Originally Posted by WWhermit View Post
    SoCalMike,

I'll be car-camping this Thursday and Friday night in Dogwood campground, very close to Lake Arrowhead. I'll bring the WBBB with me if you want to check it out.

Also, I live in Wrightwood, so if you can't make it up on Thurs or Friday, you can always come up and take it for a test drive. PM me if you're interested!

WWhermit
    That's a great offer, WWhermit. Man, I really appreciate it. I was up in Baldy last week for a day hike to the peak, so it's not crazy for me to head out the Wrightwood for a hike and perhaps dropping in. I'll be in touch when I'm in your neck of the woods.

Hammock
    TTTG SB1.9s / DreamHmk
    Tarp
    HG WinterKingdom
    Insulation
    HG M50 Superiority
    Suspension
    MakinWhoopies Bob.
    If you happen to be traveling the 101 Northbound into SLO county, hit me up. Got trees in the front yard...
    -Bill

"...the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."
    -LTC D. Grossman

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I bought a DL 1.0 some time back... I was on the fence since I prefer a "lefty" (Bad right shoulder) I liked the BB, but definitely needed a lefty. Slept in it twice... I sold it, sans suspension, for $20 less than I paid...

I took the cash, and made hammocks for my kids and I. I have a DL 1.1 DIY that I really like... Yes, it's a lefty with a footbox...

John in San Diego
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by sonic View Post
    Just go ahead and get a black bird. Once you spend the money, it will be gone, and you'l make more, so no worries. You will not regret it. Anybody out there ever heard of anybody else regretting having a black bird? I love mine, all the other ones I have, like the hennessy and the grand trunk, I lend out to friends that want to go camping, but the black bird, nobody sleeps in it but me. I will warn however, once you experience the quality, you will want a yeti UQ, and a TQ and a tarp. Great designs, and work from WB.
    I hear ya, but I'm getting a lot of TTT Switchback fans singing the praises of their hammocks. Those are the choices as I've narrowed them: SB v. WBBB. I sent Brandon some questions and I'm waiting for his reply--I assume he's pretty busy with orders and Fourth of July festivities. I'm keeping an open mind, but the size of the WBBB is very enticing.

(Edited for spelling)
    Last edited by SoCal Mike; 07-04-2011 at 13:50.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSawyer View Post
    I bought a DL 1.0 some time back... I was on the fence since I prefer a "lefty" (Bad right shoulder) I liked the BB, but definitely needed a lefty. Slept in it twice... I sold it, sans suspension, for $20 less than I paid...

I took the cash, and made hammocks for my kids and I. I have a DL 1.1 DIY that I really like... Yes, it's a lefty with a footbox...

John in San Diego
    John: Would you explain and be explicit about what WBBB features and design? Such as -- if this is what you mean -- that the WBBB is sided or handed?

And if so, how in every respect?
    Last edited by DemostiX; 07-06-2011 at 14:49.

Quote Originally Posted by body942 View Post
    If you happen to be traveling the 101 Northbound into SLO county, hit me up. Got trees in the front yard...
    Thanks! SLO? I'm jealous. I can practically taste the tri tip sandwiches at Firestone just thinking about it!

• + New Posts