WBBB
    Tarp
    OES 12 x 10
    Insulation
    JRB Mt.Washington4
    Suspension
    Whoopie/UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by justradar View Post
    funny story, i went into Marine West near the home depot in Tigard to get some cord for my whoopie slings ... i walk in and ask the guy "where's your 1/8" amsteel cord?" the guy raises an eyebrow and responds "another hammocker, eh?" and leads me to cord section ... i was pretty surprised ... he said he gets approximately 4 hammockers a week ... !!!!! i was shocked at that statistic and not sure if i believe it's accuracy ... maybe he meant month?

either way, it was funny to be recognized for such a niche activity ... i was expecting to be more cloaked in obscurity.
    I remember going into that same shop a few years ago looking for rings for my ring buckle setup. (This was before whoopie slings.) The guy gave me one of those headtilt maneuvers when I told him what I wanted them for. Once he showed me where the rings were, I saw how much they wanted for them, told him I didn't intend to pay an extra several hundred percent above what climbing rings cost just because they were for boats, and prompty left, swearing off going back to that place. I hope amsteel is more reasonably priced.
    ~Bryan

Hammock
    HH
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB nest
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    i paid around $8 for 30'

i thought it was a good deal

Hammock
    HH
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB nest
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    SS test trip report: last night i slept in my HH ... the new setup seemed pretty solid ... although i sagged a little bit more than i expected ... not really sure why ... i stayed pretty warm throughout the night ... it was clear until about 4am when it started raining.

Still working on an underquilt, and I don't think it will be solved by the 21st.

Sorry guys!

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Whoopies-n-Huggers
    There'll be plenty more opportunities. I promise.
    We must all learn to live together as brothers--or we will all perish together as fools. MLK

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    Supposed to be pretty nice this weekend! Highs in the mid 40's and lows in the mid 30's. I think you picked a good weekend to go, SL. Have fun out there!

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Whoopies-n-Huggers
    So, Let's take roll call. Who's going? Friday ain't gettin' here fast enough for me!
    We must all learn to live together as brothers--or we will all perish together as fools. MLK

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlion View Post
    So, Let's take roll call. Who's going? Friday ain't gettin' here fast enough for me!
    I've been thinking about it. But it's a bit far for me and I'm not 100% clear on the location and where everyone would be meeting up/coordinating. My cell phone provider is T-Mobile and it seems that most of rural Oregon is ATT and/or Verizon only, so I probably wouldn't be able to coordinate anything after departing. Seems this place is a big off-roader destination... Are the roads trashed, all mud, etc. or do you think the trailhead or whatnot would be accessible via (street) motorcycle?

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    OES deluxe
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Not this time. On my way to Tucson.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Whoopies-n-Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by jackleberry View Post
    I've been thinking about it. But it's a bit far for me and I'm not 100% clear on the location and where everyone would be meeting up/coordinating. My cell phone provider is T-Mobile and it seems that most of rural Oregon is ATT and/or Verizon only, so I probably wouldn't be able to coordinate anything after departing. Seems this place is a big off-roader destination... Are the roads trashed, all mud, etc. or do you think the trailhead or whatnot would be accessible via (street) motorcycle?
    The roads are logging roads. They aren't that bad. I've taken the BMW(535i sedan) up there a few times. The muddy trails are OHV permit only. We can meet in Hillsboro or Banks, whichever is easier for everyone. I have Sprint so I'm not sure of the reception of other carriers. Some places, I have to drive up to a peak to get a signal. Like I said before, I have room in my Suburban for a few people and gear.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast