WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    I don't think that makes you old. I was born in 1945. Now how do you feel?
    LOL! It helped make me feel a bit better, until I did a bit of number crunching and figured out that 1945 is only 22 years difference. So, in just 22 years, it will be as if I was born in 1945 now. lol

No, Deacon, I know I’m not old, I just like to tell everyone I am. If I ever do get old, I’ll know, because everyone will start calling me a silly old fart. Thanks for your comment, Deacon, it was a bit of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by TacoStyle View Post
    Fantastic video Brucie!! Now I really regret not having found the way of the hammock before I came home from OZ. That trip you just did would have made a perfect memory.

I am really happy for you that you get to have such great hikes and wonderfull views.

Can't wait for your next vid!!
    Aahhh, yes, TacoStyle, “The Way of the Hammock!” lol, I like that, it would make a good title for a movie. Well, it would for use here on the Hammock Forums! Maybe one day you’ll come back this way, with your hammy and you’ll get to do some walks – I hope you do! In the mean time, the USA invented National Parks and has put aside some of the worlds greatest natural tressures and EVERYONE is encouraged to go and explore them. Now that you know the way of the Hammock, I’m sure you’ll get to visit some of the worlds most famous parks right there in the US!

Good first choice of hammock and tarp (I’m assuming it’s your first set up)! Both the blackbird and the Edge are good all-rounders. The diamond tarp is handy to have, and the Superfly is good, if you hike in the wet a lot. If only the Edge came with pull outs like the Superfly. If your Edge doesn't have doors, get some, they’re good.

Anyway, TacoStyle, Thanks for watching and now, get out and hang! P.S. Duck tape is great!

Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
    Thanks for taking us along there, Brucie! It was good to see you out and about again. I love seeing what you see down under as I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to visit (hopefully in the next several years). Some of your shots are just spectacular. Again thanks.
    Oh, you’re welcome FireInMyBones! I hardly even noticed you were there! You’re a very quiet hiker! lol Just a little joke there. Yes, it’s a long way to the bottom, if you want to hang a hammy. When the worlds top rock bands come here, they often comment on how long the flight is for them to get here (20 hours). They say they enjoy being here, but it’s a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEFIN 774 View Post
    Hey Bruciehi5,

Thanks for taking us along on another of your adventures. I love to watch your videos. Your shots are well planned and the audio via the small recorder is amazing. I am still thinking of doing that for my videos as well. Is it hard to sync the sound with the camera? I noticed you didn't have any hand clapping in this video as you did in a previous vid. Your edits are better I guess. The waterfalls were beautiful and it was cool to see you go behind them too. Very hard looking trail in places where the trees had fallen. I hope they get the trail cleaned up soon.

Looking forward to the next Bruciehi5 video soon.
    Good to hear from you, BLUEFIN 774! It’s a bit amazing that the sound of my voice was picked up by the mic, when I was near some of thoughs noisy waterfalls! The mic has a little foam ball thingy on it, that cuts back on wind noise, but I think it also helps with noisy water too... I think.

Still using the clap method to sync audio and video. I have had SO much trouble with audio being out of sync in my videos. This time, it took 11 processes of the video and 2 uploads to get it as right as it is. The good news is that I worked out what I was doing wrong and what I need to be doing better. I’ve made another video since and it both processed and uploaded first time.

If you end up getting a recorder and you have trouble syncing, let me know and I’ll try to make a video showing you what I learned. For most, syncing isn’t that hard, it was all user error - me. Now that I know what I know, it’s a bit fiddley, but not that hard for me now either. There are a few good videos on YouTube that show how it’s done.

It’s fun to go behind waterfalls! I tried to use the camera to take you behind it with me. Anyway, BLUEFIN 774 I’ve typed too much again. Thanks for your comments and for watching!

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Excellent trip report... just plain excellent. Thanks!
    Thanks, JayS! I’m getting a big head (head wobble)! Comments like yours will encourage me to show more video trip reports... that’s probably not a good thing! Next thing you know, I’ll have a marching band and be selling, “Bruciehi5 Videos Rule” t-shirts! lol That’s the last thing we need! lol

Thanks for taking the time to watch and comment, JayS, that’s great!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
    Comments like yours will encourage me to show more video trip reports... that’s probably not a good thing!
    You've got it backwards... that IS a good thing!
    Your dog is the only relative you choose...

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    WarbonnetMamajamba
    Insulation
    3 Seasons Yeti
    Suspension
    Quick N Easy
    Great vid, Bruciehi5. Enjoyed it muchly! You're a wild man!

Hammock
    Hennessy UL Explorer (2QZQ Mod #4)
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Baby Orca & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Whoopie & biner
    Images
    That was great BrucieHi5! Thanks... I made a seperate playlist with just Brucie trip reports!

Glad though that it wasn't Larry the (giant) Lobster from Kingston (SA) appearing on your vid

Grtz Johan
    My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence.

mob: +31 6 44 80 82 63

http://www.dutchunlimited.com
    http://dutchunlimited.com/english/

My YouTube

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    You've got it backwards... that IS a good thing!
    (This video has come back to life.)

I do tend to get things a little back the front sometimes. It’s interesting for me, during editing, to hear what I say on video. A lot of the time I get things wrong and around the wrong way. I kind of like it when it happens, it’s a bit funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbs Ambles View Post
    Great vid, Bruciehi5. Enjoyed it muchly! You're a wild man!
    Muchly! That word got my thinking! No one says muchly here on the Hammock Forums. It took a while for me to work out that you are from AU, so that explains it. lol There’s Bear Grylls... maybe I should change my trail name to Bear Brucie! lol No, that’s a bad idea. I’m a bit of a Nancy Boy out on the trails. In just about every video, I’ve screamed and or wanted to go home. So the shoe don’t fit. Thanks for watching, and happy hanging!

Quote Originally Posted by born2roam View Post
    That was great BrucieHi5! Thanks... I made a seperate playlist with just Brucie trip reports!

Glad though that it wasn't Larry the (giant) Lobster from Kingston (SA) appearing on your vid

Grtz Johan
    You're welcome for the video, borntoroam! That’s a good idea to make a Brucie play list. Keep them away from all your good videos. Yes, there are a lot of giant things on the sides of roads around here: Big banana, big pineapple, big lawn mower, big prawn, all supposed to be tourist attractions. I’m glad I didn’t see a giant lobster too. The ones I saw were scary enough! lol Thanks for watching and for commenting, borntoroam, that’s good.
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    DIY Silny
    Insulation
    DIY IXUQ
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images
    Thanks for the awesome video report! It has inspired me to consider making some video reports of our next outing (which shouldn't be too far off).

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demitri View Post
    Thanks for the awesome video report! It has inspired me to consider making some video reports of our next outing (which shouldn't be too far off).
    I hope you do make some trip reports, Demitri! They add a little more interest and challenge to the hike. And, it’s good to look back on them from time to time. Thanks for commenting and I’m glad you got inspired!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Nature has worked some real beauty into your country,thanks for sharing.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by hairbear View Post
    Nature has worked some real beauty into your country,thanks for sharing.
    There are lots of great acts of nature around the world. I don’t think I really know just how lucky I am to have some of those natural acts so close to me. You’re welcome for the share, hairbear!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345