Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    HG, jarbidge
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images

WWM

have been considering a WWM as I want something with no net for this time of year. not sure as to which width to go with. 6' tall and 175 lbs, can i get away with a nice straight lie in the 52" ? any thoughts and experience would be appreciated thanks. Oh, I would be going with a knotty mod
    life time believer in the afternoon nap

" the Dude abides "

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Quote Originally Posted by Barlutti View Post
    not sure if this is the correct place to post, but looking for some thoughts. have been considering a WWM as I want something with no net for this time of year. not sure as to which width to go with. 6' tall and 175 lbs, can i get away with a nice straight lie in the 52" ? any thoughts and experience would be appreciated thanks. Oh, I would be going with a knotty mod
    with an 11' hammock, you won't feel like the hammock is "only" 52",. There are a lot of hammock companies that don't even make shorter hammocks that wide. I happened to be the last person to ever receive a 64" wide from BIAS and the thing is enourmous! don't underestimate the size till it's under your butt.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Barlutti View Post
    not sure if this is the correct place to post, but looking for some thoughts. have been considering a WWM as I want something with no net for this time of year. not sure as to which width to go with. 6' tall and 175 lbs, can i get away with a nice straight lie in the 52" ? any thoughts and experience would be appreciated thanks. Oh, I would be going with a knotty mod
    I had a DL WWM in 56", it was the perfect width for ME, I am 6'. I have a DL WW in 60" width that I think is wider than I like. I am waiting on delivery of a new DL WW in 56" width. I had the knotty mods put on all of them. I am still not convinced I need them in this hammock.

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    I've got the WWM in a 52 dbl. It's plenty wide and is comfortable without all the extra floppy fabric. It's less wide as my ENO and wider than the Clark. I have no problem getting a good diagonal lay and the dbl holds a pad and me very comfortably.
    Everyone ought to believe in something....I believe I'll go set up the hammock!

Hammock
    BIAS WWM, WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    HG, jarbidge
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    awesome, thanks everyone. I see most are going with the double. I was hoping a single would be plenty for me, going to invest in an UQ soon, so want to try something a little different . Have the double in my WBBB and enjoy it, just like having choices I realize the price difference is minimal for the extra width, but I'd prefer as small and light as possible.

" the Dude abides "

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    I have the 52" single. It is plenty wide. Wide enough that I questioned if it was actually 52" and compared it to my Hennessey to be sure. I weigh 175 as well and the single layer holds me just fine.
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci

Hammock
    DB 68 Custom DL; WWM 64 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly camo
    Insulation
    HG 40*; UGQ 0*/20*
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I have a WWM SL and find it very comfortable. 5'10 180 lbs. As an alternative and 'something different,' and especially since you are getting an underquilt, it certainly fits the bill.
    Shot from inside 64" version (my lakeside hang spot; there's no place like home):

Hammock
    BIAS WWM, WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    HG, jarbidge
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Heck of a view Dave P
    thanks again everybody, the input is much appreciated. Just ordered my micro, went with a 56" single. Some fabulous customer service as well, thanks a lot Brian, the free shipping to Canada was a nice option

" the Dude abides "

Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite Teal/Black
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit

Free shipping to Canada

Shipping to Canada is inexpensive, but it takes a long time. If you're from the Great White North and don't mind the wait, you can get free shipping, just like the Americans, on orders of $120 or more. Pick International Parcel shipping and use code free2canada and if you're over $120, shipping is free. Typical shipping time to Canada is 10-14 days. There is no guaranteed delivery time, so these are merely estimates. Again, use code:
    free2canada

Another codes which can help is:
    hfmember
    which offers 10 percent off many items (not including already discounted kits and our DIY supplies)

Try both codes if you're in Canada and use the one that saves you the most $$.
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

Hammock
    BIAS WWM, WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    HG, jarbidge
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    I always have more time than money, so I dont mind the wait
    I should have been more specific with my last post about the offer, sorry about that.

" the Dude abides "

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast