Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Light DL
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    New River KAQ
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings

Red face Hanging Together, What's a Couple to do?

Hello! I'm new to hammock camping but I've been using a mayan hammock at home for a year now. Both me and my boyfriend enjoy my clark flex 180 and although it's awesome for one person it's only so-so for two full sized teenagers, especially as I toss and turn a lot and end up disrupting his sleep. I'm thinking about getting two single hammocks and hanging them from the same tree at the head and a different one at the foot end. I'm wondering if anyone has tried this before and what advice they might have for me. Also I was wondering what kind of bug net and tarp would be good with this kind of set up. if they could be shared that would be ideal. I was looking at getting two of papa smurfs dream hammocks. I am 5' 10 and about 160 my boyfriend is about 6' and 180 in case that's important.
    Thanks in advance from a noobie~!

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7, Lite owl
    Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    Potomac, Jarbidge
    Me and my girlfriend tried using the same tree at the head and separate for our feet. The biggest problem that we had, was our hh tarps wern't big enough to use one to cover both hammocks and when using two, both got in the way of the the other. I would suggest getting a big tarp to cover both hammocks.

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    not to ruin the romantic aspect of this, but you'll pry both be happier and sleep better if you get two hammock, two tarps and use separate trees.......imo

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by Boothill View Post
    not to ruin the romantic aspect of this, but you'll pry both be happier and sleep better if you get two hammock, two tarps and use separate trees.......imo

boot
    Yeah. Pretend you're married.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Images
    That's so cute.....

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    my wife and I also do the three-tree hang. We had a large, custom, 12x10 tarp made for us by OES, with some extra tieout points to give us a lot of flexibility in the ways we pitch the tarp. I carry the big heavy tarp, and she carries a spare tarp, so if we can't find the right configuration of trees, we can hang in two separate spots if needed. We rarely have to do that.

I posted a description of our massive tarp way back in 2009, and we've been using it successfully regularly ever since then. http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=10412

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL, Eno DN
    Tarp
    MLD Trailstar
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Actually my girlfriend and I just did this, her in her eno singlenest and me in my WBBB. We used the same trees and did the bunk method that dejoha made an illustration, which I will try and find. Under my huge old man winter tarp I was low to the ground (but dry) and it was cramped for me but random noises in the night that scared her I was pretty much right there to tell her it was ok. She slept like a rock and with the cramped space I didn't sleep quite as well but it worked!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY winter
    Insulation
    ATP
    Suspension
    Whoopies & webbing
    My wife and I use 2 separate hammocks, but hook them up to the same 2 trees (preferably large-ish). We cinch the straps to opposite sides of the trunk. That puts us close together, but not so close we are bumping each other all the time. Makes tarp coverage easier too.

Hammock
    WBBB, Switchback 1.9 SL & 1.9 DL
    Tarp
    BDWD, AE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing & Rings
    We have hung in the 3 tree configuration on several occasions. Usually, there was no threat for rain and the tarp was not as important. A couple times there was rain and you just have to get creative and picture where the water will be shed, and combine the two tarps. Probably not ideal for a tropical storm.

This one was on the Yampa River in Western CO.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We are now ready to start our way down the Great Unknown.We are three quarters of a mile in the depth of the earth.We have an unknown distance yet to run, an unknow river yet to explore.What falls there are, we know not; what rocks beset the channel, we know not; what walls rise over the river, we know not. Ah, well! We may conjecture many things. The men talk as cheerfully as ever; jests are bandied about freely this morning; but to me the cheer is somber and the jests are ghastly. Powell 1869

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL, Eno DN
    Tarp
    MLD Trailstar
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Found the illustration I was talking about. All credit goes to Dejoha and his awesome book that helped me a ton when starting out "The Ultimate Hang".

Here is the link to the image on Dejoha's site.
    http://theultimatehang.com/2012/05/t...e-comfortable/

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast