Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    That would be great. I will have a solo canoe being hauled on top of my car, though. Mule
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by skskinner View Post
    That would be great. I will have a solo canoe being hauled on top of my car, though. Mule
    We could meet at my place, I am right on the way for both of you. We could then combine boats, I can haul at least two on my vehicle, and we could car pool. I also have a trailer we can use if need be. We could then be at the river in about 4 hours. I am 20 minutes Northeast of South Bend, Indiana off of highway 12 in Edwardsburg MI. As soon as I clear a final date, I will let you know.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    That sounds like a plan. From Kokomo, In. I am about five and a half hours away from Greyling, if that is anywhere near where we will be putting in.
    Q. Will this be a loop or a shuttled paddle. I am assuming a one way with shuttle. Mule

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Actually we will be going just north of Manton. Straight up 131. Grayling is way upstream of the stretch I want to run. The lower stretch has a lot more water and sensational campsites. LOTS of places to hang. I think you will really enjoy it. It really has a north woods feel to it. Much different from the Hoosier state.

David
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Oh, btw we will either be shuttled or I will arrange to have our vehicles spotted. I will work that out with the livery I work with up there.

David

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by canoebie View Post
    Actually we will be going just north of Manton. Straight up 131. Grayling is way upstream of the stretch I want to run. The lower stretch has a lot more water and sensational campsites. LOTS of places to hang. I think you will really enjoy it. It really has a north woods feel to it. Much different from the Hoosier state.

David
    Man, that sounds great. Steve

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Oh, btw we will either be shuttled or I will arrange to have our vehicles spotted. I will work that out with the livery I work with up there.

David
    I'm SSSOOOO looking forward to this trip, especially with someone who knows the area. I can make it to New Buffalo in 3 hours, depending on TOD, so Edwardsburg is not that much farther. I have never been to the Manistee area, but hear that it is awesome!!! I have two canoes, depending on who is going. My wife definitely won't be going with - work commitments and no desire to travel that far, so I'm either batchin' it or bringing one of the guys I normally go to the BWCA with. If I come by myself, I only have two man canoes, so I would need the other paddler. Unless.... another chance for new gear - a solo canoe or kayak. Guys, I may be single by then.

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Don't fret over the need for a solo boat. I paddle my Old Town Tripper at 17 ft. 2 in. with 2 inches of rocker solo on this river all the time. Just shift some gear forward and away I go. It really is not a problem. Feel free to bring someone if you like. I am about 30-40 minutes from New Buffalo.

David

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Oh, another btw. I have two Old Town Loon 138 Kayaks you would be welcome to use as well if you want to go that route.

David

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Don't fret over the need for a solo boat. I paddle my Old Town Tripper at 17 ft. 2 in. with 2 inches of rocker solo on this river all the time. Just shift some gear forward and away I go. It really is not a problem. Feel free to bring someone if you like. I am about 30-40 minutes from New Buffalo.

David
    I do that on the big pond sometimes with my 17 foot aluminum - it's only interesting when the wind picks up.

Oh, another btw. I have two Old Town Loon 138 Kayaks you would be welcome to use as well if you want to go that route.

David
    Interesting - I have some time to figure out how I want to proceed, but that would be a great option. It depends if someone who doesn't have a canoe wants to come with and needs a seat (Grizz?.) As long as they can motor, I've got no problem with that. I've shared a hull with a wide range of paddlers, and as long as I don't have to fight a 30 mph cross wind on an open lake with an inexperienced paddler in a snowstorm (my last BWCA trip,) I can handle it. I had shoulder surgery last summer, and it's not all the way back yet.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast